Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #586
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Nation-State Draft 3

Still looking for my last pick... realized when I do my write up, I'm going to have to re-google almost everyone on my team
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #587
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Still looking for my last pick... realized when I do my write up, I'm going to have to re-google almost everyone on my team

You've failed to select the most hardcore and badass commie leader to ever walk this earth(Enver Hoxha)
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #588
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For my final pick, another Chinese naval commander.

Shi Lang

[IMG]There is no recorded picture of Shi Lang[/IMG]

Quote:
Shi Lang (Chinese: 施琅; pinyin: Shī Láng; 1621–1696) was a Chinese admiral who served under the Ming and Qing Dynasties. He was commander-in-chief of the Manchu fleets which destroyed the power of the Zheng family in the 1660s, and led the conquest of the Kingdom of Tungning (東寧王國) on Taiwan in 1683. Shi later governed part of Taiwan as a marquis.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #589
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
You've failed to select the most hardcore and badass commie leader to ever walk this earth(Enver Hoxha)

I already have an unquestioned leader, I'm not trying to pull a ZeN.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #590
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

I was going to select:

Poster Vapid of Insidehoops.com

Quote:
Vapid is a infamous poster and outspoken against communist Australia. He is the first ever drafted prisoner of a Nation-State Draft.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #591
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #592
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Communist Australia

My vision of Communist Australia was to have a central leader (Mao Zedong) and have him spread communism throughout the islands that are near the country. Communist Australia as you may have guessed is a staunch supporter of capitalism and human rights. So long as everyone has equal share and people's rights don't interfere with what the government tells them to do.

This would create a large series of buffers for any air and naval attack sent against Communist Australia.

Mao and his regime would build a large navy that they would use to at first set up blockades against resistant countries and islands alike. Once fallen, a brainwashing would ensue. Creating Mao to be a God like figure in human form. Resources (from fallen islands/countries) would be poured into the military war-machine.

I picked Zhukov because he was a bad-ass and sent his men into the grinder, just the type of general I was looking for. I selected a few naval commanders to help the naval campaign of liberating the surrounding islands and countries of whatever oppressive government and false ideals they have with their dreams of candy land.

Also selected was Boris Mikhailovich Malinin, he is the designer of ships, battleships, aircraft carriers and submarines alike. We will use his ideas and all his needs will be taken care of. For a time in real life, his designs of submarines surpassed that of American submarines. Unfortunately he was on the side of a bankrupt falling Soviet Russia. In Nation-State Draft land, this will not be the case.

A lot of the other people selected were cabinet members of Mao's. Look'em up.. This give's Mao some reliable and trustworthy people in his regime. He is the unquestioned leader and they are his followers.

Marx, you already knew I was going to take him. He is the head economist of Communist Australia. His theories influenced Mao, and now they are best buddies.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #593
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

I wrote a damn novel I think... Hopefully it's not tl;dr for the judges.

The Unified HyperCities of Emberzuela

The Land: Venezuela

Venezuela ranks #1 in proven oil reserves and #2 in proven natural gas reserves. Part of our economy is based on the export of these resources, but we do not seek to be a world leader in that category. Carl Sagan is well schooled on Peak Oil Theory and warns against overproduction. We do not produce nearly as much oil as we could, and most of what we do produce is kept for our own use.

Venezuela also has Iron Ore, Gold, Diamonds, and other minerals. Venezuela is the among the world’s largest producers of Hydropower, and I have Nikola Telsa a pioneer in Hydropower to help exploit that potential.

Venezuela is one of the smaller countries chosen, so I won’t have to expend as much on the infrastructure of my country as other competitors who mostly gobbled up the largest land masses as quickly as possible. Also my defenses will be much more concentrated.

Venezuela is also a very beautiful country with tropical beaches and snowy mountains. As such, part of economy is based on tourism. I welcome the depressed souls of my competitor’s nations to come and soak in the warm rays with a drink in their hand and watch some waves.

Political Structure:

Much of the political structure of my country takes place at the local level. Communities are strongly organized and active in the democracy process. Local leaders have strong powers to dictate the policies in their cities. Local elections are held annually throughout the country.

National Power is divided amongst several positions. All national issues are resolved by a best of five vote between several bodies, they are:

THE POLITICAL COUNCIL:

Once a decade a national election is held in which the many political parties of Emberzuela each nominate a candidate for the Political Council. The top 3 vote getting candidates form the council for the course of the decade. Each of the three council members receives a vote on all affairs domestic or foreign. The current council members are:

Thomas Jefferson - The Republican Party (Majority Leader)

As majority leader Jefferson is in control of the issues that get discussed within the council and controls what gets voted on and what doesn’t. In this position he is a strong supporter of personal and religious freedoms as he was in his real life.

In his real life he founded the Republican party (now called the Democratic-Republican party by historians, since it actually morphed into the Democratic party of today).

Jefferson is reportedly trying to purchase the territory of Columbia to expand Emberzuela’s borders.

Alexander Hamilton - The Federalist Party (Director of Finance)

Hamilton was actually a political rival of Jefferson (but hey it worked for America) who also founded a political party. The now defunct Federalist party. Hamilton was an economist and America’s first secretary of the Treasury. In that position Hamilton started a lot of things that are still in place today, such as the Federal government’s ability to purchase state debt, and a strong central banking system capable of funding the needs of a nation.

Hamilton in this position argues for a stronger federal government. He also serves Director of Finance for the country where he has put his economic theories into practice for the benefit of Emberzuela.

Friedrich Engels - The Worker’s Party (Director of Labor)

One of the father’s of communism, along with Karl Marx. Engels actually finished The Communist Manifesto after Marx’s death, so he more of a hand in the finished product. In Germany he also organized the German Worker’s Party.

Engels was all about Worker’s rights and what he saw an unfair system in capitalism where the workers were treaty so poorly and earned so little.

In my society Engels argues for his principals and has been somewhat successful. Corporate personhood is banned in Emberzuela thanks to Engels efforts. The majority of products are produced by engineering unions that design and manufacture products and divide earnings fairly amongst union members.

Despite Engels presence, Emberzuela largely remains a free market society.

I choose these three because to form my council because they each offer a different worldview and each organized political parties. Emberzuela is a country of deep discussion where all viewpoints are considered.

THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE:

A directly elected position, the voice of the people can be repealed at any time due to popular vote, although this has never occurred. Nobody can choose to run for this position. The ballot is a write in form. The voice of the people receives a vote in all domestic, non-security issues.

Siddhārtha Gautama Buddha – Ambassador to the World, Director of Psychology

Buddha initially refused the position as he opposes many of the actions of the government. He reconsidered upon the urging of his Sangha that he could at least make some positive change by taking the position. Buddha has used his noble eightfold path to guide his decisions.

As well he has used his position to promote meditation for mental health. He has also taken an extreme interest in modern psychology where he has challenged many of its cornerstone figures. He serves as Director of Psychology in the Union of the Science and Engineering although he does not hold the position without some controversy.

He also serves as Ambassador to the World and as such spends much of his time traveling to other nations on behalf of Emberzuela.

THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF:

The commander in chief is selected by the political council and serves as the commander of Emberzuela’s military and Secret Service (think a cross between the CIA and the Navy Seals) programs. The Commander in Chief receives a vote in all security related issues, foreign or domestic.

Sun Tzu

My reasoning for the pick is based on his book the Art of War which is still held in high regard today and considered a masterpiece of strategic thought whose scope is not limited to the time period it was written in. I was also hoping to avoid potential negative political stigma that could be attached to more modern generals.

Rumor has it Sun Tzu is working with Wernher von Braun, Enrico Fermi and Telsa on some sort of space weapon, although Sagan is trying to shut the project down. Tesla insists the project is “purely scientific” in nature.

Continued in next post...
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:50 AM   #594
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

THE UNION OF SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING:

Emberzuela was founded on the principles of enlightenment, and as such the sciences are held in highest regard. A large part of the national budget is given to the Union of Science and Engineering, which oversees all large scale engineering projects in the country. As President of the union, Carl Sagan receives a vote on all affairs domestic and foreign. The union president is elected every five years by a vote of union members. The union president must be confirmed by a 3 out of 5 vote between the Political Council members, the Voice of the People and Commander in Chief.

Prominent members of the union include:

Carl Sagan – President, Director of Education, Director of Environmental Protection, Director of Cosmology

What can I say, growing up as a kid watching Carl Sagan’s Cosmos series is probably why I care about Science at all. I took Sagan because he is very well rounded covering many disciplines, which is also why I made him the president of this union. Cosmos is why I made him director of education. His enthusiasm for science is so great to inspire our nation.

His discoveries of the greenhouse gas effect on Venus helped lead to our understanding of Global Warming on our own planet. This is why I made him Director of Environmental Protection, his political efforts in this area are well known.

He is also one of three people in the union with NASA Experience, where he worked on the Mariner, Pioneer and Voyager missions amongst others, which makes him a valued contributor to our nation’s space program.

Sagan has vowed that Emberzuela will be the world leader in scientific space missions and ensures a large amount of funding goes toward this purpose.

As director of education Sagan has fought hard for nationalized institutions of higher learning. Today much of the nation’s most cutting edge research is performed by students at these Academies.

Wernher von Braun – Director of Aeronautics and Aerospace Engineering

Wernher von Braun has been called the greatest rocket scientist to ever live. He designed the V2 rocket that had Nazi Germany kicking so much ass in WW2. He designed rocket based aircraft. He designed the first inter-continental ballistic missile. After coming to the US after the war he designed the Saturn V rocket that put man on the moon. He was also a space architect with many designs for space stations and even space weapons.

In his role as Director of Aeronautics and Aerospace Engineering he is the official head of our space program which is very active. Also under Sun Tzu’s authority von Braun and his teams design most of weapons used by Emberzuela’s military.

Peter Norvig – Director of Artificial Intelligence, Director of Technology Research

Norvig is the third guy I have with NASA experience. Norvig worked on autonomous robots for NASA, amongst many other projects too numerous to list. He is also in charge of research at Google, when you hear about Google Glasses, self driving cars, and autonomous mining robots that would mine the asteroid belt, this is the guy leading those projects. He is a world leading authority in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Smart Agents. He maintains a site over at Norvig.com if you want to learn more.

I wanted to pair his knowledge of autonomous robots with Sagan and von Braun. Emberzuela is not content with the resources found without our own territory, nor do we seek disputes with the fellow nations of Earth. We plan on mining the infinite riches of the cosmos.

Nikola Tesla – Director of Energy, Director of Communications

Tesla pioneered many fields. He discovered alternating current which makes our society today possible. He was a pioneer in radio and wireless technology demonstrating a remote control boat back in 1898. He helped pioneer modern hydropower at Niagara Falls. He did work with X-Rays. He invented a wireless energy delivery system. He invented bladeless turbines capable of 5000 HP. He supposedly had designs for energy weapons as well.

Tesla serves as our director of energy, the vast majority of power comes from hydropower, wind and nuclear, but Tesla is working with the space agency on putting massive solar collectors in space and wirelessly transmitting the energy back to earth. He speculates the project will generate so much energy will be able to sell power from space to our allies as well.

Tesla is also involved in a number of top secret weapons projects under Sun Tzu’s command.

Enrico Fermi – Director of Nuclear Physics

Fermi is best known for his work on the first nuclear reactor, and his work with Oppenheimer on the atomic bomb. Pairing Fermi up with von Braun was intentional as I wanted to be sure I had ICBMs with nuclear warheads should I need them. I assure you they are only for the protection of Emberzuela and our allies. I understand you all worked hard building your Navies and such, but **** with us and we will nuke you from space.

Hippocrates – Director of Medicine

Hippocrates is widely regarded as the father of western medicine mainly because he established it as a field based on scientific inquiry and not superstition, ritual or philosophical thought as it had been until his time. While I generally tried to avoid people from ancient history, I feel he would fit in easily in modern times and would still be a brilliant doctor that would advance the field of medicine even further. His Hippocratic oath is still in use today and is the basis of how he fulfills his duties as Director of medicine.

He led the fight to bring socialized medicine to Emberzuela, with Sagan, Engels and Buddha voting yes, and Jefferson and Hamilton voting against the measure.

There are essentially three voting configurations for all national issues.

Domestic issues:
Jefferson, Hamilton, Engels, Buddha, and Sagan vote.

Foreign and Security issues:
Jefferson, Hamilton, Engels, Sun Tzu, and Sagan vote.

As voice of the people Buddha can also challenge any security or foreign policy issue in which case:
Jefferson, Hamilton, Engels, Buddha and Sun Tzu vote.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:00 AM   #595
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow, excellent writeups so far guys . Will read/fact check on google tomorrow
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:21 AM   #596
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster

Nation of Canada

Why did I pick Canada? The reason is pretty simple, Canada is one of the most resource rich country in the world. 2nd in Oil reserves, 2nd in Uranium reserves and 3rd in Timber amongst other things.

Supreme Leader: Theodore Roosevelt

There is a reason his head was up on the Mount Rushmore. He's just so badass, a meme had to be started started. Kidding aside, I wanted a real leader. A man amongst men. A face of the country that possess a great persona and leadership qualities. I find all of them in Theodore Roosevelt.

Prime Minister: Confucius

The prime minister's role is as leader of governmental meetings and represent the government to its people as well as advising the emperor. Confucius is a very influential and wise man that I think will be perfect for this job.

Minister of Defence: Winston Churchill

Good ole Church held this position before. Heck, he basically created this position just for himself out of thin air in his day. I'm sure pretty much everyone has learned about him so I wouldn't go into much detail but I feel that this is the perfect position for him.

Minister of Foreign and Domestic Affairs: Zhuge Liang

Kong Ming was considered one of, if not the greatest strategist of his era. He was a brilliant diplomat and was said to possess genius ability in reading his opponent. His Confucian belief is lined greatly with Confucius. He was also a great inventor in his day.

Minister of Education, Science and Technology: Galileo Galilei

Galileo has been called the "father of modern observational astronomy", the "father of modern physics", the "father of science", and "the Father of Modern Science". For good reasons too. So I feel this is the right spot for him.

Minister of Energy: Niels Bohr

Lets be honest, everyone needs nuclear capability. This guy made em.

Minister of Finance: Milton Friedman

The Economist described him as "the most influential economist of the second half of the 20th century…possibly of all of it.". What more can I say.

Oh he's quite funny too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76frHHpoNFs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD0dmRJ0oWg

Minister of Justice, Social Affairs and Gender Equality: Martin Luther King Jr and Eleanor Roosevelt

Position so important that it has to be served by two people. Everyone knows MLK so I'm not going to explain him.

Eleanor Roosevelt however, may be overlooked. She was, in her time, one of the world’s most widely admired and powerful women. A humanitarian, diplomat, social reformer, and author, her work in behalf of youth, blacks, the poor, women, and the United Nations. She served as the first Chairperson of the UN Human Rights Commission and played an instrumental role in drafting the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

A little story below:

She was without doubt, the most influential member of the
UN's Commission on Human Rights. Unlike most other
members of the Commission, Mrs. Roosevelt was neither
a scholar nor an expert on international law. Her enthusiasm
for her work at the United Nations was rooted in her
humanitarian convictions and her steady faith in human
dignity and worth. Although she often joked that she was
out of place among so many academics and jurists, her
intellect and compassion were great assets, and proved
to be of crucial importance in the composition of a direct
and straightforward Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Her common sense approach, constant optimism and
boundless energy were integral to the smooth facilitation
of meetings. On any given issue, her colloquial style and
good humor were engaged not only to win over the majority
of delegates who generally supported a particular U.S.
position, but to confound those who opposed it. A New
York Times reporter who was present at the Commission
meetings wrote of the power Mrs. Roosevelt's personality
had over certain unreasonable diplomats:

"The Russians seem to have met their match in Mrs. Roosevelt.
The proceedings sometimes turn into a long vitriolic attack on
the U.S. when she is not present. These attacks, however,
generally denigrate into flurries in the face of her calm and
undisturbed but often pointed replies."

She was recognized as a tireless worker, stating triumphantly
at one point, "I drive hard and when I get home I will be tired!
The men on the Commission will be also!" Many of the
delegates found this aspect of her personality less agreeable
than her charm. One went so far as to suggest that his own
human rights were violated by the length of the meetings!

"We wanted as many nations as possible to accept the fact
that men, for one reason or another, were born free and equal
in dignity and rights, that they were endowed with reason
and conscience, and should act toward one another in a
spirit of brotherhood. The way to do that was to find words
that everyone would accept."

Minister of Commerce and Industry: Andrew Carnegie

Considered one of the richest man of all time, Drew went from a poor boy into controlling world steel then to a philanthropist who gave most of his money away. To get a picture of what kind of man he is, look into these passage:

Carnegie wrote "The Gospel of Wealth", an article in which he stated his belief that the rich should use their wealth to help enrich society.

The following is taken from one of Carnegie's memos to himself:

Man does not live by bread alone. I have known millionaires starving for lack of the nutriment which alone can sustain all that is human in man, and I know workmen, and many so-called poor men, who revel in luxuries beyond the power of those millionaires to reach. It is the mind that makes the body rich. There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else. Money can only be the useful drudge of things immeasurably higher than itself. Exalted beyond this, as it sometimes is, it remains Caliban still and still plays the beast. My aspirations take a higher flight. Mine be it to have contributed to the enlightenment and the joys of the mind, to the things of the spirit, to all that tends to bring into the lives of the toilers of Pittsburgh sweetness and light. I hold this the noblest possible use of wealth.

Head of Physics and Mathematics: Edward Witten

Edward Witten was widely thought to be the world's greatest living theoretical physicist and the next Einstein (No it's not Stephen Hawking!).

Explanation of concept: I want a resource rich country that is strong in many areas, especially education and human rights. I want it to be the educational center of the world, which is why I drafted a lot of very smart people who can work together and are able to take up roles in both peace and war time. The system is going to be a Democratic Capitalism with some socialism thrown in, pretty much like the US system, only with hopefully better leaders.

Last edited by iamgine : 01-08-2013 at 11:16 AM.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #597
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cant wait to read your writeups. Gonna start my one later.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #598
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Embersyc set up quite a standards with his masterpiece. It was very interesting to read it.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #599
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sweeeeeet.
Nice reads they will be.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #600
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Aristocratic Republic of Brazilia

Government: Aristocratic Junta: All members of the cabinet all have the same power and role and have specific powers in their own cabinet. The country is not a democracy, the cabinet is composed of well rounded(in most cases) individuals who'll pursue the best interests for the people and the state, most of them are the GOAT candidates as well

The Cabinet consists of:
Commander in Chief: Otto Von Bismark
Minister of Domestic Affairs: Augustus
Minister of Economy: Jacques Reuff
Minister of Culture: Plato
Minister of Programming: Joseph Goebells
People's representation of Government/ Leader of Civilian militia: Joseph Garibaldi

The rest of the figures I selected(Orwell, Bell, Oppenheimer) aren't members of the cabinet but all are key figures in society. Bell and Oppeneimer specifically.

Why the government?
Democracy looks good on paper but it's easily corruptable and easily bought out by the rich who'll turn Democracy into a Oligarchy or Plutocracy
Pluto advocated against this and he favored an aristocracy led by capable men who all will serve the best interests of people and state. Bismark also favored an aristocracy as well.

Why Brazil?
The location of Brazil is great first and foremost. No powerful neighbors, no immediate threat, large land mass and tons of natural resources which will be exploited by the people I selected.

Goal of the republic?
To unite South America into one banner specifically. This would obvious mean by military means and the figures I selected have a history of unification and military actions. Bismark is possibly the GOAT leader who brilliantly played the game of politics perfectly uniting Germany under one banner and crushed Europe under his heels. Garibaldi is also another prominent figure, who with Bismark, would be a deadly 1-2 punch of conquering and uniting South America. Garibaldi would be popular with the people and he would be able to muster up a huge force at short time's notice. A strong comparison of the duo would be to Shaq and Kobe in their prime, a truly deadly force. Henry Ford was a key selection as the mass production of vechiles will be key into transporting men, supplies into battle as well as being able to produce top notch tanks which will crush any resistance in sight. Oppenheimer was the most prominent men of the Luftwaffe which will prove to be another deadly punch into battle. Bell was a key figure in communications which will increase military efficiency. And certainly Brazil has the resources to promote ambitious military dreams.

Augustus will essentially be the legislative body of the state, creating laws that the cabinet best seems so. Augustus did a great job with Rome and during the Pax Romana period which was Rome's height. His importance will come when South America is united and he'll shape the continent into a powerhouse.

Plato and Goebells both seem like contradictory picks but it was easy to me. Goebells was one of the best figures in history of "propaganda" and so on. Goebells will propagate the teachings of Plato and other pro-state/military ideas to the republic. This will ensure that the state will never be corrupted, that greedy capitalists/bankers will never gain any power of importance and that the people will generally be enlightened, nationalistic and a proud race of people.

Augustus and Reuff will be able to create a sound economy that will compose of mixed elements. Industry like that of Henry's Ford will be allowed and encouraged but Banks will be heavily regulated and weakened.

Will expand on this later/edit
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: