Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #646
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Nation-State Draft 3

Is the thread dead?
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #647
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

guys prolly just waiting for all the write ups

i'll post mine tomorrow morning
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #648
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Embersyc: Writeup Part 1 Part 2
Thomas Jefferson
Nikola Tesla
Sun Tzu
Siddhartha Gautama Buddha
Alexander Hamilton
Freidrich Engels
Enrico Fermi
Wernher von Braun
Carl Sagan
Hippocrates
Peter Norvig
Venezuela

LamarOdom
USA
Alexander the Great
Jesus
John D. Rockefeller
Abraham Lincoln
Thomas Edison
William Shakespeare
Steve Jobs
Mark Zuckerberg
Princess Diana
Gloria Steinem

Zen

Leonardo Da Vinci
Italy
Napoleon Bonaparte
Aristotle
Hannibal Barca
Genghis Khan
David Ricardo
Catherine The Great
John Pierpont (J.P.) Morgan
Kenneth Arrow
Eva Peron
Isoroku Yamamoto

CeltsG Writeup
Russia
Archimedes
Constantine the Great
Pope John Paul II
Alexander Suvorov
Léon Walras
Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Friedrich Hegel
Cardinal Richelieu
Michelangelo
Subutai
Johannes Gutenberg

Jailblazers Writeup
China
John Maynard Keynes
Benjamin Franklin
Richard Feynman
Mayer Rothschild
Deng Xiaoping
Louis Brandeis
Fredreich Hayek
Alan Turing
Saladin
Monty Jones
Elon Musk

Anti-Hero Writeup
Australia
Mao
Chen Duxiu
Karl Marx
General Georgy Zhukov
Wu Shengli
Liu Shaoqi
Yi Sun-sin
Boris Mikhailovich Malinin
Zhou Enlai
Hua Guofeng
Shi Lang

TimmyD Writeup
Saudi Arabia
Albert Einstein
George Washington
Max Planck
James Madison
John Wilkes
George Patton
Bill Gates
Raghuram Rajan
Walt Disney
Larry Page
Dwight Eisenhower

Knickballer
Writeup
Plato
Otto Von Bismark
Brazil
Giuseppe Garibaldi
Jacques Rueff
Henry Ford
George Orwell
Augustus
Alexander Graham Bell
Joseph Goebbels
J. Robert Oppenheimer
Sigmund Freud

Blablabla
Writeup
Isaac Newton
FDR
Adam Smith
Prince Klemens Wenzel von Metternich
khalid ibn al walid
John Locke
Iulius Caesar
Norman Borlaug
Louis Pasteur
Amadeo Giannini
Mexico
Oprah Winfrey

Iamgine Writeup
Canada
Winston Churchill
Theodore Roosevelt
Milton Friedman
Andrew Carnegie
Galileo Galilei
Confucius
Niels Bohr
Zhuge Liang
Eleanor Roosevelt
Martin Luther King Jr.
Edward Witten

For the sake of the judges (not sure who that is at this point, I think TSK left the site), here are the teams, with links to the writeups.

Last edited by embersyc : 01-12-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #649
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wanted to bump it , but you did even better job. Lets hope something happens from now on.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #650
embersyc
Lurker

Last night I finally bought the Civilization 5 expansion, this thread makes me wish that game had some sort of cabinet building component, ah well bout to waste half the day building my empire, later.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #651
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

United Mexican States

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/maps/nor..._of_mexico.jpg
My nation will be a liberal democracy and encourage a neutralist policy. WE will push the Green Movement so we provide a healthy and natural environment for our population. Mexico is a beautiful country with lots of history so tourism will be an important source of income. Mexicos also has rich agricultural resources Main crops include corn (ranked 4th worldwide), sorghum (4th), and beans (5th). Mexico is also a major producer and exporter of fruits, vegetables and other agricultural products, being among the top 10 producers of avocado, cacao, coffee, lemon, mango, orange, tomato, sugarcane, honey and banana. Mexico also has the climatic conditions which allow the production and export of cattle, pigs, goats and sheep. This conditions will also be a main source of income for Mexico but also supply mexicos population with food.
My main economic goal is to minimize the disparity between the rich and poor people in society.

The president is Franklin Delano Roosevelt, considered a liberal in his time FDR lead the USA through the Great Depression and then went on to kick Hitlers ass in WW2. A Great Military and Economic Leader who will lead Mexico to World Domination.

The Presidents personal adviser is John Locke on of the most influential philosophers and the Father of classic Liberalism, he will also be my head of education

Prince Klemens Wenzel von Metternich, He will be my Secretary of State and use his diplomatic abilities to form bonds with other countries and increase Mexicos influence all over the world. He will also sustain Mexicos peace and non

The Big 3 of Science, Isaac Newton, Louis Pasteur and Norman Bourlag
Newton, will be the minster of science. Pasteur will complement Newton with his knowledge of chemistry and biology, he will focus on medical innovations so my countries population will stay healthy. Norman, my Minister of agriculture will focus on maximizing my countries agricultar resources and also sustaining my countries flora and fauna.

Adam Smith, will be the nations economic guide, in his time the most influential economical philosophy with his innovations mexico will always be ahead of his competitors in that field and Amadeo Giannini the head of the federal bank, his liberal views and interest in helping the working and middle class stem the development of a huge gap between the richest and poorest of society

Khalid Ibn Al Walid is best known for his tactical prowess, he was victorious in a 100 battles and will be my nations Military General. Gaius Julius Caesar is my Minister of National Defense. These two will ensure Mexicos peace and neutrality,since my country has no intention of expanding.

Oprah Winfrey, probably the most influential women on earth right now will not be an official member of government but Mexicos main media figure will assure that the population has confidence in current government.
She will also give the President relationship advice.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #652
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Last night I finally bought the Civilization 5 expansion, this thread makes me wish that game had some sort of cabinet building component, ah well bout to waste half the day building my empire, later.
Is it any good? Civ 4 was trash and I heard Civ 3 was best but stupid/buggy in a way.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #653
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you guys should get the game of thrones mod for civ.

Youtube channel of a guy who's done just about every house you can think of.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #654
embersyc
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
Is it any good? Civ 4 was trash and I heard Civ 3 was best but stupid/buggy in a way.

OH yeah it runs WAY better than Civ 4 which had some horrid bugs. Fighting is drastically improved, it's now a much more difficult to capture cities, and there are city states that don't really compete as civilizations, but can still cause a number of problems. Also two units can not longer stack on the same square so you can't stack 20 units and go pillage the world like you could in older versions.

Other than that it's basically the same game since Civ 3, but with improved graphics, different civilizations and scenarios and such.

I've had Civ 5, for a few years now, the expansion adds some scenarios and extra civilizations and also I think builds up religion more in some way.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #655
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Zen and lamar odom. 2 guys left
Old 01-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #656
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
Zen and lamar odom. 2 guys left
i'll decide in a bit, just gonna do some errands.

i'm lamar.
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #657
embersyc
Lurker

ZeN is out of town and said he wasn't going to have time to do one.

Lamar has clearly lost interest.

kNIOKAS, TheSilentKiller, Jasi, or anybody else that feels like judging, we need you.

Last edited by embersyc : 01-14-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #658
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

Cosign. We cant wait longer. Its loosing interest.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #659
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I will print all writeups and start reading tonight.
I am not sure how long it will take me though - it will depend on my wife and kid basically
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #660
embersyc
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I will print all writeups and start reading tonight.
I am not sure how long it will take me though - it will depend on my wife and kid basically

Thank you, if there was still rep, I would rep you as often as possible.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: