Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-31-2012, 12:37 AM   #346
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Week 17 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Redskins is the right team to represent the NFC east. We're decimated all over, no chance at playoff run. It was a fun season, glad they made it interesting with big win over Pit and Cin.

Seattle probably wins next week though with a 90% RG3.
Yes, it makes this a lot easier knowing we had absolutley no shot at actually winning a SB had we won tonight and made the post season...too many teams that are healthy and more complete
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:39 AM   #347
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I know Romo sat for a year, but he'll turn 33 in the offseason. He doesn't have forever left.
maybe just one year left, in Dallas

next year is the last year of his contract, he will be playing for a new one I think

that being said, I think he has at least 3 good years left in him...maybe 4
Old 12-31-2012, 12:42 AM   #348
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

It only takes one playoff run for Romo to turn from goat to icon in Cowboy land.

So many people hate on him, you kinda want to see him do well as a neutral observer.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:44 AM   #349
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
It only takes one playoff run for Romo to turn from goat to icon in Cowboy land.

So many people hate on him, you kinda want to see him do well as a neutral observer.
He is an extemely likable person in real lfe too...he donated $1 million dollars to a school charity this year

It's just that being a Dallas Cowboy does things to the way you are viewed lol

I bet when his career is over he will be a huge TV personailty on FOX or CBS, or NFL Net
Old 12-31-2012, 12:46 AM   #350
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I'm just going to treat Romo the exact same way I treated Dirk when he was known as the NBA's biggest "choker" for most of his career...

Maybe Romo will come around, maybe he never will...but he is good to the point that we can't throw him away.

We went through like 10 QBs after Aikman before finding Romo, I don't want to ever go through years like that again, because during those years there never is an "important game" to watch
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. Another however many years it was between Aikman and Romo would be hell. I'd rather live with a borderline elite regular season QB who can't seem to get the "can't win the big one" monkey off his back, than a string of really, really shitty QB's.

And Romo really wasn't the problem most of the season. He's been pretty good in December, especially. Just sucks he came up with a 3 INT game in a do-or-die week 17 game. Tonight the defense not being able to stop the run game was probably just as big of a problem as Romo's INT's.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:53 AM   #351
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

fml, why am I a romo/cowboys fan. swear I defend him every year and prop him up by trying to show ppl the statistics then some sh!t like this happens.

I still think he's elite, just seem like a victim of cruel fate of small sample size

heartbreaking. gonna be a LONG offseason. I feel more sorry for Romo than angry at the moment
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:55 AM   #352
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

The way Collinsworth was laying it into Romo about how much that INT sucked for him was like he wanted Romo to get drunk and drive off a cliff
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:59 AM   #353
Pacers4ever
Banned

Pacers4ever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. Another however many years it was between Aikman and Romo would be hell. I'd rather live with a borderline elite regular season QB who can't seem to get the "can't win the big one" monkey off his back, than a string of really, really shitty QB's.

And Romo really wasn't the problem most of the season. He's been pretty good in December, especially. Just sucks he came up with a 3 INT game in a do-or-die week 17 game. Tonight the defense not being able to stop the run game was probably just as big of a problem as Romo's INT's.
It's a shame too romo was arguably the best QB in the NFL this month and was shaping up to be a very good year and probably the best QB in the division until this game.

I think it's time to start drafting a QB, his contract ends next year and is 33 right? Might as well get a rookie QB this year (Although the QB class this year isn't really "stunning" to say the least) and let him develop all 3 quarters of the game under romo, then start him in 2014 if romo under performs next year.
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:00 AM   #354
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
fml, why am I a romo/cowboys fan. swear I defend him every year and prop him up by trying to show ppl the statistics then some sh!t like this happens.

I still think he's elite, just seem like a victim of cruel fate of small sample size
heartbreaking. gonna be a LONG offseason. I feel more sorry for Romo than angry at the moment
LOL, yep I swear to God some of it is just exactly that...

there just aren't that many games in the NFL...so many things we fans view as trends are nothing more than coincidence...
Old 12-31-2012, 01:03 AM   #355
Pacers4ever
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey

Imo romo, eli, and ben aren't elite they are close but are at the 2nd tier.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:06 AM   #356
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
LOL, yep I swear to God some of it is just exactly that...

there just aren't that many games in the NFL...so many things we fans view as trends are nothing more than coincidence...

what truly sucks is that Romo is getting older and there won't be many chances for him to rehabilitate his reputation or legacy. He's gonna have one of the most undeservedly negative reputation in the history of the position

people on twitter actually chirping about who's better between Romo and Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
Imo romo, eli, and ben aren't elite they are close but are at the 2nd tier.

I was always one of those ppl who thought Romo was better than Eli.

Last edited by heyhey : 12-31-2012 at 01:08 AM.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:09 AM   #357
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
It's a shame too romo was arguably the best QB in the NFL this month and was shaping up to be a very good year and probably the best QB in the division until this game.

I think it's time to start drafting a QB, his contract ends next year and is 33 right? Might as well get a rookie QB this year (Although the QB class this year isn't really "stunning" to say the least) and let him develop all 3 quarters of the game under romo, then start him in 2014 if romo under performs next year.
I love Romo but I agree it is time to draft a QB, just in case next year is his last.

Maybe take one in the 4th round or something, a side project
Old 12-31-2012, 01:12 AM   #358
Pacers4ever
Banned

Quote:
I love Romo but I agree it is time to draft a QB, just in case next year is his last.

Maybe take one in the 4th round or something, a side project
Yep I'd say 3rd if you have one. Glad you took the the 3 quarters joke nicely I was just joking he's "choked" at times but I've seen him come up in the clutch several times before too.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:17 AM   #359
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees are the only true elite QB's in the NFL right now. There's a drop-off to the next group. Every once in awhile Eli will flirt with the "Big 4" but then he'll have a season like this year where his team wins 9 games, his numbers aren't anything special, and they miss the playoffs. Then there's another group of QB's like Roethlisberger, Rivers, Eli, Romo, and Ryan in the next group. I want to put Stafford in there but after this year it's hard to. He ended passing for 4,700 yards but had just 17 TD's against 16 INT, and was really inconsistent and flatout awful at times this year. Cutler also flirts with tier two from time-to-time.

Then there's a group of too early to tell guys like Luck, RGIII, Newton, and Wilson. I wasn't sold on Wilson because the Seahawks have an elite defense and an elite running game (RGIII only has a really good run game and Luck has neither of those things) but he's been too good to ignore the last month or so.

Anyway, point being is that Romo is 33 and pretty much is what he is. You've got a nine season sample size so I don't know if you're going to get anything too drastically different/better from him. Yes, some of it is bad timing, fate, etc., but at the same time one playoff win in nine seasons says something. I do think he gets an unfair shake a lot of years but the whole "not being able to win the big one" moniker has some truth to it.

Last edited by KG215 : 12-31-2012 at 01:19 AM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:19 AM   #360
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Now I'm just waiting for one of those online petitions to the white house about firing Jason Garrett
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: