Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #391
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Week 17 Discussion Thread

I think the thing i argue about Romo is Cowboy fans seem to want to argue he's already had these type of victories practically because it's just a manner of time. He's already 33 and he's made a habit of not playing well (what they need him to do) in these type of games. It may change one day and he'll have a nice run but i'm not seeing evidence of it except hope.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #392
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
which is a top-10 QB...and all you need to win a SB in this league

there are much worse QBs in the playoffs right now than Romo
"much worse?" Not many. There are some he's better than but it's not like he's Drew Brees.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #393
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Don't be so dumb now.

I don't wanna sound like a Debby Downer or something but this IS a RB in a Shanahan scheme. We don't know if he's another Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, Roy Helu type guy yet.
There was talk Richardson could be benched. Sorry, but I wanna see the guy do well in any system before I think he's better than a 1600 yard runner
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #394
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I think the thing i argue about Romo is Cowboy fans seem to want to argue he's already had these type of victories practically because it's just a manner of time. He's already 33 and he's made a habit of not playing well (what they need him to do) in these type of games. It may change one day and he'll have a nice run but i'm not seeing evidence of it except hope.
Why is it always "his" victories? And not the Cowboys, or the other team getting credit?

90% if the people that viewed that game saw it as Romo's game to win or lose, and nothing else...its like no one on the field matters but him, from either team.

When the Falcons beat Dallas I read an article about how the fans were upset the media treated it as Romo losing, and gave them no credit for winning.

RG3 didn't win that game, or Morris, and Garrett didn't call bad plays, and the Dallas D was great at stopping the run...this had nothing to do with any of that, and EVERYTHING to do with Romo, the outcome of that game was 100% Romo.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #395
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The only time people make sense about QBs and wins is when we talk about Dan Marino, who lost at the end of the year every year he played. For some reason with him it was the Dolphins doing the losing all the time, not the QB.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #396
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
The Jet defense got them there, not Sanchez

This simple way of viewing a QBs success by what the TEAM does has to stop, its pure stupidity.

So Sanchez is better than Romo?

Let's take a look:

2009 AFC Wildcard game vs Bengals- 12/15 for 182 yards
2009 AFC Divisional game vs Chargers- 12/23 for 100 yards
2009 AFC Title game vs Colts- 17/30 for 257 yards and 2 TDs

^^^ Shonne Greeen rushed for over 100 yards in 2 of the 3

2010 AFC Wildcard game vs Colts- 18/31 for 189 yards
2010 AFC Divisional game vs Pats- 16/25 for 194 yards and 3 TDs
2010 AFC title game vs Steelers- 20/33 for 233 yards and 2 TDs

Yes, they had a very good defensive team, but they're not winning without Sanchez. Sanchez also made clutch plays that don't appear in statsheets. In a playoff game, yes I would absolutely take Sanchez over Romo.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #397
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Why is it always "his" victories? And not the Cowboys, or the other team getting credit?

90% if the people that viewed that game saw it as Romo's game to win or lose, and nothing else...its like no one on the field matters but him, from either team.

When the Falcons beat Dallas I read an article about how the fans were upset the media treated it as Romo losing, and gave them no credit for winning.

RG3 didn't win that game, or Morris, and Garrett didn't call bad plays, and the Dallas D was great at stopping the run...this had nothing to do with any of that, and EVERYTHING to do with Romo, the outcome of that game was 100% Romo.

Romo had the ball, down three, and promptly threw a pick. That's on him. QB's get judged on those plays. And don't get me confused with the trolls, my issue is always you act like Romo is a superbowl winning QB albeit without the Super Bowl. I find that ridiculous when year after year he does not come through. I'm not a person who thinks Romo sucks though. That's the clowns you are just trolling today.

And btw i don't want to hear he was hurt after the fact when he looked fine and when RG3 looked like his leg was super ****ed up. I find that ridiculous, it's Dwayne Wade like. (He played bad, oh btw totally not making an excuse but you should know he was hurt...)

Last edited by niko : 12-31-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #398
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
There was talk Richardson could be benched. Sorry, but I wanna see the guy do well in any system before I think he's better than a 1600 yard runner

I'll cut Richardson some slack since he said he played half the season with 2 broken ribs.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #399
Pacers4ever
Banned

Pacers4ever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
The only time people make sense about QBs and wins is when we talk about Dan Marino, who lost at the end of the year every year he played. For some reason with him it was the Dolphins doing the losing all the time, not the QB.
What are you talking about tony romo is not even in same galaxy as dan marino in skill/talent and he's taken his team to the playoffs 10 times while romo at 33 has only taken dallas to the playoffs 3 times, all this while romo is playing in a much easier passing era. Regular season/Post season dan marino is better than him in both and not close in talent to even compare the 2.
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:56 PM   #400
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
What are you talking about tony romo is not even in same galaxy as dan marino in skill/talent and he's taken his team to the playoffs 10 times while romo at 33 has only taken dallas to the playoffs 3 times, all this while romo is playing in a much easier passing era. Regular season/Post season dan marino is better than him in both and not close in talent to even compare the 2.
Where did I mention Romo in that post?

Maybe you should try reading it again, then come back with a reply that makes sense
Old 12-31-2012, 07:31 PM   #401
niko
I Run NY.

P.Tiddy, what is the media like in Dallas after this? Do they assign blame? Are they callign for Garrett's head?
Old 12-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #402
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
P.Tiddy, what is the media like in Dallas after this? Do they assign blame? Are they callign for Garrett's head?
honestly, I don't think anyone knows who to blame...

here is a thread in a Cowboy's forum where people are trying to figure out who to point the finger at

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=792191

-you have the people that blame Romo 100% for everything
-you have the people that blame Garrett
-you have the people that just want to talk about Jerry the GM (yawn, so tired of that debate)
-you have the "we were injured crowd"

the reason we aren't in the playoffs is a little bit of everything

Looks like Garrett is staying, but will no longer be the play caller...maybe Norv Turner as the OC in Dallas...that is what it is looking like
Old 12-31-2012, 08:28 PM   #403
Pacers4ever
Banned

Quote:
Where did I mention Romo in that post?

Maybe you should try reading it again, then come back with a reply that makes sense
So what's the point of bring dan marino up? What does it have to do with what we're discussing? Dan and romo were not in the similar situation they are in. Nor would fans be discussing getting rid of dan if he played for the cowboys right now.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:44 PM   #404
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
So what's the point of bring dan marino up? What does it have to do with what we're discussing? Dan and romo were not in the similar situation they are in. Nor would fans be discussing getting rid of dan if he played for the cowboys right now.
that everyone views wins and loses as a QB stat with the exception of Marino for some reason...

even you are guilty of it just saying that the reason Dan is better is because "HE" got to the playoffs more...no "THE DOLPHINS" got to the playoffs...and then "THE DOLPHINS" LOST with Dan every year he was there

same should be done with QBs today IMO...I'm so sick of what seems to be 95% of NFL fans ranking QBs by wins and loses...there are 52 other fcking players on the team

if you were to ask who played better between Luck and Romo this year I GUARENTEE that most people would say Luck...even though Luck had more INTs and a passer rating in the 70s...but THE COLTS TEAM are in the playoffs so naturally that means Luck was better than Romo this year.

It is so simple minded and stupid I just can't get over it...it is how I ranked players in the 3rd grade
Old 12-31-2012, 08:53 PM   #405
Pacers4ever
Banned

Quote:
that everyone views wins and loses as a QB stat with the exception of Marino for some reason...

even you are guilty of it just saying that the reason Dan is better is because "HE" got to the playoffs more...no "THE DOLPHINS" got to the playoffs...and then "THE DOLPHINS" LOST with Dan every year he was there

same should be done with QBs today IMO...I'm so sick of what seems to be 95% of NFL fans ranking QBs by wins and loses...there are 52 other fcking players on the team

if you were to ask who played better between Luck and Romo this year I GUARENTEE that most people would say Luck...even though Luck had more INTs and a passer rating in the 70s...but THE COLTS TEAM are in the playoffs so naturally that means Luck was better than Romo this year.

It is so simple minded and stupid I just can't get over it...it is how I ranked players in the 3rd grade
Are you insane ? No I'm not saying Dan is better than Romo because of playoff appearances it's his skill alone that's put him in the very best QBS of all time. With no accolades involved Dan marino is arguable the best QB of all time with Peyton. But yes you have to be ****ing retarded if you take accolades or playoff appearances in the argument and think Romo deserves to be in the same sentence as Dan Marino. The Colts team are in the playoffs but everyone knows QB is the position where they are pulling most of the weight even you know luck > romo if you had to pick one right now, he's just the better prospect and romo has already peaked.
This is rmo best year in terms of yardage and pass attempts with nearly 100 more passing attempts than Marino's best year in yardage and still didn't pass him up yardage or even got close to his TDs. All that along with the fact Tony has better passing talent around him to throw to and in a era MUCH easier for passing. Please stop the comparisons. Romo is a good QB not elite bot second tier and there is no reason to get rid of him with the talent he has because franchise QBs are hard to come by, Flacco/Shaub are the lowest of franchise QBs and he is much than them.

Last edited by Pacers4ever : 12-31-2012 at 08:59 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: