Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #76
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Default Re: Week 17 Discussion Thread

Got damn GB will you please show up.

I am thinking the only reason why they may not care for this game is because if they lose and SF wins then GB will host Minny next week. But I thought with a bye-week on the line that they might want it bad.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #77
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

KC's problem is horrible quarterback play, not their roster.

They have talent. Lots of it.....but when you're QBing is that bad, 2-14 or whatever they are is what happens.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #78
jazz873
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Got damn GB will you please show up.

I am thinking the only reason why they may not care for this game is because if they lose and SF wins then GB will host Minny next week. But I thought with a bye-week on the line that they might want it bad.
Yeah for some reason they seem to not be in the game. But they do start slow a lot
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #79
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
KC's problem is horrible quarterback play, not their roster.

They have talent. Lots of it.....but when you're QBing is that bad, 2-14 or whatever they are is what happens.
Wasn't Kansas City one of the teams being considered by or in the running for Manning?

I imagine they'd be pretty damn good with him at QB. Give Manning that run game and Dwayne Bowe along with a pretty stout defense and they're probably a playoff team.

Last edited by KG215 : 12-30-2012 at 06:37 PM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #80
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Wow! Look at that O-Lineman with the hands! :O

So... like I'm as frustrated as anyone with Akers, but booing him is going to make it worse. We should like... shout encouraging things at him if misses: "Hey good try!" or "you'll get it next time!" or something.

Also of all the things that have transpired this year for the 49'ers my favorite might just be Crabtree breaking out and finally looking like the talent he was supposed to be. That TD catch was beautiful.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #81
jazz873
College star

That was a finley touchdown
Old 12-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #82
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Okay look, we know what Kaep brings to the table with his ability. But what no one seems to talk about is how the run game has changed. I doubt that it's coincidence that Gore hasn't had a big game since Alex went out. Smith is the smarter QB, with better adjustments. The difference though is that Kaep is a running QB whereas Smith is a scrambling QB so the yards gained evens out.

Sidenote: MICHAEL CRABTREE!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #83
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Okay look, we know what Kaep brings to the table with his ability. But what no one seems to talk about is how the run game has changed. I doubt that it's coincidence that Gore hasn't had a big game since Alex went out. Smith is the smarter QB, with better adjustments. The difference though is that Kaep is a running QB whereas Smith is a scrambling QB so the yards gained evens out.

Sidenote: MICHAEL CRABTREE!

They always bring that up. People seem to forget that Smith himself is a very athletic QB and that he played in a Spread offense in college so he'd pretty much be able to run this pistol/spread offense we currently are running without any problem.

As for Gore he's not comfortable running out of a pistol offense.. He's used to a pro style offense where he's able to find the right hole to run it at will. LMJ is more of a pistol/spread back.

I feel like Kaep is getting alot of fortunate breaks in his favor. There's been a number of throws which should have been picks and we seem to get alot of fortunate turnovers which results in easy drives.

Crabtree is on fire and it seems he's the only player that has benefited from the switch. Davis has been non existent since the switch so it's all relevant..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #84
jazz873
College star

That play was nuts .

I cant believe they called it a catch though lol
Old 12-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #85
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Akers is off.... Way off..
Old 12-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #86
irondarts

Eric Decker is a boss.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #87
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

I can't believe the breaks Minnesota gets and how lucky they are to be in their position.

A non-catch off a blitz that was batted up. Just B/S.

If they make the playoffs, they will undoubtedly be the worst playoff team of all time.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #88
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Manning still making his case for MVP: 17/22, 218 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 9.9 YPA in the first half. Great float pass by Manning on that last TD but Decker deserves most of the credit for one hell of a diving catch.

Sucks the Broncos had to play the Texans, Falcons and Patriots early in the season. I'd almost guarantee they'd beat the Texans and Falcons right now, and a game against the Patriots would be much more competitive.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #89
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
They always bring that up. People seem to forget that Smith himself is a very athletic QB and that he played in a Spread offense in college so he'd pretty much be able to run this pistol/spread offense we currently are running without any problem.

As for Gore he's not comfortable running out of a pistol offense.. He's used to a pro style offense where he's able to find the right hole to run it at will. LMJ is more of a pistol/spread back.

I feel like Kaep is getting alot of fortunate breaks in his favor. There's been a number of throws which should have been picks and we seem to get alot of fortunate turnovers which results in easy drives.

Crabtree is on fire and it seems he's the only player that has benefited from the switch. Davis has been non existent since the switch so it's all relevant..

Like the throw he just made? Yeah I agree. He's an enigma to me sometimes because at some times he's reading everything and making good decisions. Then suddenly he locks in and tries to force a throw. Youngster I guess. And you're right people do forget how athletic Smith is, but he uses it differently, and Colin has more of it.

And geez it might be time to ring up some kickers. Something is in Akers head and it's not getting out it seems. I heard Joe Nedney talking about it on KNBR the other day but... wonder if he's still in shape...
Old 12-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #90
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Like the throw he just made? Yeah I agree. He's an enigma to me sometimes because at some times he's reading everything and making good decisions. Then suddenly he locks in and tries to force a throw. Youngster I guess. And you're right people do forget how athletic Smith is, but he uses it differently, and Colin has more of it.

And geez it might be time to ring up some kickers. Something is in Akers head and it's not getting out it seems. I heard Joe Nedney talking about it on KNBR the other day but... wonder if he's still in shape...

No denying Kaep's speed, he practically has wideout speed but Smith is effective in his running as well

As for Akers he should have been cut weeks ago. He's been pulling this shit all season now, there's going to be a time where he's going to be needed in the postseason..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: