Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-03-2007, 12:01 AM   #16
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Default Re: OT: UFC 67 (Cro Cops UFC debut)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheWalrus
i don't think the nogs will be a good fit in UFC....

the cage is not to their favor.

Hey Bracer, what do you think of the Gomi VS Diaz fight? Ithink Diaz has a great chance of upsetting Gomi. It's gonna be a great fight. Nick Diaz is always in the fight and his only losses are to controversial decisions.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:01 AM   #17
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Big Nog could possibly go to the UFC, which would suck for Cro Cop since Nog beat him and he hasent avenged it. I think that would be an AWESOME rematch.

What is there for Nog to do in Pride? Not like he's getting a title shot since he's lost to Fedor twice and Fedor isn't losing his belt, possibly ever.

He would just be another huge addition to a division that is gaining some depth. You'd then have Cro Cop, Nog, Sylvia, Arlovski, Couture - possibly Vera if he ever decides to sign instead of pursuing Pride. The division would quickly begin to regain it's depth and excitement.

I can't wait til my favourite MMA fight, Georges St. Pierre, steps back into the octagon and lays an enormous beatdown on Matt Serra. The 170 division is stacked - Hughes, Karo, Sanchez, Fitch, Penn (unless he stays at 155 after fighting Pulver), Koscheck - and I really can't wait for St. Pierre to start defending against some really legitimate fighters. I don't think any of them can beat St. Pierre, but they are all very talented.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:02 AM   #18
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Hey Bracer, what do you think of the Gomi VS Diaz fight? Ithink Diaz has a great chance of upsetting Gomi. It's gonna be a great fight. Nick Diaz is always in the fight and his only losses are to controversial decisions.

Nick Diaz all the tools to be one of the best, it's just a matter if he can put it all together in a fight. This would definately the fight to bring everything to the table, I like Diaz to beat Gomi, though I must admit I don't know much about Gomi, more just saying that because I think Nick Diaz is very good.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:03 AM   #19
IamtheWalrus
Banned

Quote:

how do you know i'm bracer????

anyways...yea i think diaz will be tough for gomi. it seemed like gomi lost a step last time he fought aurelio...but ishida was stupid when he fought gomi. Seriously if ishida was smart and chose to shoot in to gomi, i think the results would be different.

i still am choosing gomi for this fight though.

did you hear vera is going to pride?
IamtheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:04 AM   #20
IamtheWalrus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Nick Diaz all the tools to be one of the best, it's just a matter if he can put it all together in a fight. This would definately the fight to bring everything to the table, I like Diaz to beat Gomi, though I must admit I don't know much about Gomi, more just saying that because I think Nick Diaz is very good.

gomi is the best in the world...he is unstoppable so far aside from that fluke lost to aurelio.

Gomi via tko in the 1st. 7th minute.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:07 AM   #21
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Nick Diaz is a tough mofo. I don't think Gomi is gonna KO him. Actually I'm sure he won't.

It's the fight I'm most looking forward to on Pride 33.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:08 AM   #22
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
gomi is the best in the world...he is unstoppable so far aside from that fluke lost to aurelio.

Gomi via tko in the 1st. 7th minute.

He fights at 155, a well conditioned (impossible?) BJ Penn would lose to Gomi?
Old 02-03-2007, 12:09 AM   #23
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Quote:
He would just be another huge addition to a division that is gaining some depth. You'd then have Cro Cop, Nog, Sylvia, Arlovski, Couture - possibly Vera if he ever decides to sign instead of pursuing Pride. The division would quickly begin to regain it's depth and excitement.

I can't wait til my favourite MMA fight, Georges St. Pierre, steps back into the octagon and lays an enormous beatdown on Matt Serra. The 170 division is stacked - Hughes, Karo, Sanchez, Fitch, Penn (unless he stays at 155 after fighting Pulver), Koscheck - and I really can't wait for St. Pierre to start defending against some really legitimate fighters. I don't think any of them can beat St. Pierre, but they are all very talented.

Yeah, it's a joke that with how stacked the WW division is, we are getting shoddy matchups. The top 3 guys in that division are all fighting crap guy instead of fighting eachother.

With the way Diego laid out Diesel Riggs in quick fashion, you would think he'd get a title shot against GSP, but no, he's fighting Koscheck. And Matt Hughes VS Lyttle? COME ON.

Regardless, I think GSP is holding onto that belt for awhile. I think he'll beat Diego then Diego will work his way up and in the second match beat GSP like what GSP did with Hughes, lost, then worked his way back up and won.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:10 AM   #24
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Quote:

BJ already beat Gomi, but it was awhile ago and I think a match now would be different. I'm not saying who wins, but it would be fun.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:17 AM   #25
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Yeah, it's a joke that with how stacked the WW division is, we are getting shoddy matchups. The top 3 guys in that division are all fighting crap guy instead of fighting eachother.

With the way Diego laid out Diesel Riggs in quick fashion, you would think he'd get a title shot against GSP, but no, he's fighting Koscheck. And Matt Hughes VS Lyttle? COME ON.

Regardless, I think GSP is holding onto that belt for awhile. I think he'll beat Diego then Diego will work his way up and in the second match beat GSP like what GSP did with Hughes, lost, then worked his way back up and won.

I don't understand why they didn't put some of the top competitors against each other. I understand they had to honour their guarentee for Serra, but Hughes and Diego seemed like a clear cut #1 contender match, if Hughes wins, he steps back in for GSP/Hughes #3, if he doesn't then Hughes has to regroup and climb through the division, while Sanchez gets his shot. Instead, they put Sanchez against Koscheck, who could definately lay and pray his way to victory, just because of outstanding wrestling. Hughes will destroy Lyttle, I'd be shocked if he dropped that fight, that'd be a monster blow to his career.

Either way, I'm a huge Georges St. Pierre fan and I still don't see anyone taking the belt away from him. He won't fight injured, and when he is healthy, I honestly believe he's unbeatable. He has great standup, great takedown defense, and he's just a beast, I love watching his fights over and over.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:17 AM   #26
goldgrill4me
Banned

Quote:
penn already beat the piss out of gomi last time they fought. it was so lopsided i couldnt give gomi much of a chance in a rematch.

lutter is a damn fool. chance of a ****ing lifetime and you piss it away. he shouldnt be fighting at 185, he cuts from 215. 30 lbs is too much to have to cut and then face someone like silva.
goldgrill4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:19 AM   #27
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
BJ already beat Gomi, but it was awhile ago and I think a match now would be different. I'm not saying who wins, but it would be fun.

Thanks, I was looking at his history on Sherdog, but I must have missed that. BJ Penn would dominate the 155 division in the UFC, I think Franca may take the title from Sherk if he can handle the strength advantage that Sherk has. Franca had a nice knockout of Spencer Fisher.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:26 AM   #28
IamtheWalrus
Banned

you can't write off gomi.

i did it in the ishida fight and look what happened there.

gomi by tko.

i wish saku was back with pride. k-1 has a bunch of cheaters.

what round do u think crocop knocks the guys head off?
Old 02-03-2007, 12:27 AM   #29
IamtheWalrus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
Lutter is such a *********.
be funny if Silva lost though.

it'd be just like Pride!

you try losing 30 pounds and tell me if your a ***** or not.

wasted effort in my opinion, but no ***** though.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:30 AM   #30
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
you try losing 30 pounds and tell me if your a ***** or not.

wasted effort in my opinion, but no ***** though.

No excuses, biggest chance of your life and you can't ensure that you are at the correct weight, no excuses at all. He just messed up his entire career, this will cut pay per view buys because there is no title fight, which means Dana White won't get as many people seeing Cro Cop and Rampage, which means he's going to eat Lutter alive.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: