Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #16
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Marc Stein : Bargnani "a lock to be moved"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
The point wasn't about their long term ability and committment to the team, but rather the fact that they are both great assets who potentially could leave us for nothing. This isn't Bargnani we're talking about, these are 2 very serviceable starting quality point guards that a lot of teams could use.
Unfortunately with Calderon, the Raptors just held onto him way too long. There was absolutely no reason for him to be on last year's team that was supposedly tanking (yea, sure Mr. Colangelo). I think him walking with the Raptors getting nothing in return is exactly what will happen at this point.

Or he'll get a 4 year $40 million extension.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #17
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

Or he'll get a 4 year $40 million extension.

Let's not give Bryan any ideas, ok?
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #18
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

As of right now I feel that getting rid of Bargnani is addition by subtraction. Anything we could get for him would be fine. 1st's (from good teams), 2nd and young developing players. I think we should try avoiding picking up good but already peaked players with big contracts (Amare, Granger, Ellis wouldnt mind Gay though). Even look at how we're playing without him, the league can even see it and they know his stock is pretty low. No one wants a big that cant defend and you can find scoring pretty easily. So everyone's going to buy low.

So everyone that's saying wait it out till he comes back to lift his stock, that's prolly an unlikely.

And same with Calderon. At the end of the year he probably will walk unless we give him a big contract, which we dont want. I love Calderon and appreciate his time here but we dont need him. We should even try just sending him to the lakers for their 1st and 2nd.

So overall if we can turn Bargnani, Calderon (+ maybe even Klieza, Fields) into a 1st rounders, 2nd rounders and/or bench players, young prospects that'll be fine.

and if we can continue with a lineup of Lowry, Derozan, Ross, Davis, and J-Val, with Amir, LucasIII, Anderson, Fields on the bench that'd be huge for our young player's developments
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #19
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

From a raps point of view I think you have to go to Sacramento first- like them or not those are 2 of the most talented guys out on the trade market.

But man am I hoping for the miracle of Bargnani ending up on ny
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:36 PM   #20
el gringos
Good college starter

Raps get morrow, petro, d collison, r brewer, Vince carter, atl 1st, ny 1st

Raps give- Bargnani, Calderon, fields, Amir j, uh-oh d derozen

Save 20 mill this season and 30+ next. Only Vince has another year on deal.

Last edited by el gringos : 12-31-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #21
barkleynash
High School Varsity 6th Man

barkleynash has an OK reputation so far

The only way we can trade bargs is for a player on another team who is in the same position. Ilyasova and dunleavy for bargs and pietrus. would be the best case scenario IMO. Probably a better trade for the raps.
barkleynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #22
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkleynash
The only way we can trade bargs is for a player on another team who is in the same position. Ilyasova and dunleavy for bargs and pietrus. would be the best case scenario IMO. Probably a better trade for the raps.
I don't think you can trade pietrus- I don't know if ny could trade brewer even though he's been there the whole season.

I don't think you should set yoursf at "only trade for same position". Position can't matter in a Bargnani trade or the value won't be there
Old 01-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #23
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

letshaveacorona has not been impressing people

Demarcus Cousins anyone?? Would be a sick front line him and JV if he could get his act together.
letshaveacorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #24
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by letshaveacorona
Demarcus Cousins anyone?? Would be a sick front line him and JV if he could get his act together.

That's a huge if.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #25
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

We wait, and we pray.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: