Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-31-2012, 12:48 AM   #31
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Which is more impressive?

2 and it aint close
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:49 AM   #32
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome

Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputationYao Ming's Foot has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
The reason we don't give credit kobe over lebron in this case is because one player is leading his team and the other is a 2nd option with the most dominant player in the the nba as the 1st option and teammate

The disconnect of course is that having a great player on your team or two in the case of Lebron has anything to do with individual statistics. Lebron was statistically superior in the playoffs his last two seasons with the Cavs compared to the past two seasons with the Wade, Bosh and the Heat. Kobe was statistically great with Shaq, Kwame Brown and Pau Gasol in the playoffs. As I said before I dont see any evidence that strength of teammates means much in terms of individual playoff stats for these two players.

Last edited by Yao Ming's Foot : 12-31-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:53 AM   #33
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Not with Kobe stans. In fact, "Thou shalt completely ignore context" is probably the first and most important commandment in their religion.

It works both ways.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:58 AM   #34
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Not with Kobe stans. In fact, "Thou shalt completely ignore context" is probably the first and most important commandment in their religion.
Sadly with yao mings foot and kennethgriffin that is the case. They want to avoid context when it comes to team achievements because they know that common sense weakens their argument.

Yao mings foot you want to convince us that kobe is the greatest of all time but instead what you end up doing is make us focus on the negative aspects of the reason why you overrate him. Has it occured to you that you might serve your cause better by deleting your insidehoops account?
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:00 AM   #35
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
It works both ways.

Where did I say it doesn't? But there's a common theme among the most active and dedicated Kobe fanboys, and that's that they rarely use context in almost all of their "Kobe > _________" arguments.

I've never discredited what Kobe did and how important and good he was during the 3-peat. I've never said or argued Shaq totally and completely carried Kobe to three rings, because Shaq doesn't 3-peat those years without Kobe. Shaq was clearly the team's best player, but he needed Kobe just like Kobe needed him. I'm not a LeBron stan or Kobe hater. I just get a kick out of some of the attempted arguments made by posters like kennethgriffin, YMF, AlphaWolf, 9erempire, etc.

Last edited by KG215 : 12-31-2012 at 01:02 AM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:00 AM   #36
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Cmon lebron was better than kobe here.. Not by a ton but can't hold that 2000 ring up that high.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:05 AM   #37
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
Sadly with yao mings foot and kennethgriffin that is the case. They want to avoid context when it comes to team achievements because they know that common sense weakens their argument.

Yao mings foot you want to convince us that kobe is the greatest of all time but instead what you end up doing is make us focus on the negative aspects of the reason why you overrate him. Has it occured to you that you might serve your cause better by deleting your insidehoops account?

Lets be honest here, my post has more context than 99% of the player comparison threads on this board. It includes the strength of the competition, the strength of the defenses involved, the team success and the major individual playoff stats of both players. I don't see any evidence that Lebron's individual playoff stats get better with better teammates or that Kobe's get worse with lesser teammates. In fact if anything the opposite is true.

Your anger or frustration isn't rooted in logic. Kids get mad when they are first told Santa Claus isn't real too.

Last edited by Yao Ming's Foot : 12-31-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:11 AM   #38
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
Lets be honest here, my post has more context than 99% of the player comparison threads on this board. It includes the strength of the competition, the strength of the defenses involved, the team success and the major individual playoff stats of both players.
Your OP by itself is not offensive but I have seen you post enough to know that you are agenda-driven and extremely biased.

Quote:
Your anger or frustration isn't rooted in logic. Kids get mad when they are first told Santa Claus isn't real too.
Oh yeah? Then how do you explain the fact that there was a 15 minute line to see santa at the mall last week? F*ck outta here.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:12 AM   #39
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome

Quote:

Where did I say it doesn't? But there's a common theme among the most active and dedicated Kobe fanboys, and that's that they rarely use context in almost all of their "Kobe > _________" arguments.

I've never discredited what Kobe did and how important and good he was during the 3-peat. I've never said or argued Shaq totally and completely carried Kobe to three rings, because Shaq doesn't 3-peat those years without Kobe. Shaq was clearly the team's best player, but he needed Kobe just like Kobe needed him. I'm not a LeBron stan or Kobe hater. I just get a kick out of some of the attempted arguments made by posters like kennethgriffin, YMF, AlphaWolf, 9erempire, etc.

I never said Kobe was better.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:12 AM   #40
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Well for every retarded thread like this one praising Kobe there's 2 or 3 trying to completely diminish his accomplishments. And the context works both ways, never have I seen a thread trashing Kobe that actually makes sense or uses any logic. You give these trolls too much attention considering you know their agenda
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:15 AM   #41
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I never said Kobe was better.

Just because you put one of those in every single one of your posts doesn't make your agenda any less obvious or what you say any more objective or intelligent.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:18 AM   #42
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Well for every retarded thread like this one praising Kobe there's 2 or 3 trying to completely diminish his accomplishments. And the context works both ways, never have I seen a thread trashing Kobe that actually makes sense or uses any logic. You give these trolls too much attention considering you know their agenda
K. To be honest, I don't care if you've got a problem with what threads I choose to post in and not post in. If I see a stupid thread that I know is going to be trashing Kobe with incredibly stupid and flawed logic, I normally don't even click on them, much less wade through the crap and read all the posts. I shouldn't give obvious trolls like YMF, and kennethgriffin attention, but sometimes I come across one of their posts or threads, and can't help myself.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:20 AM   #43
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome

Quote:

Just because you put one of those in every single one of your posts doesn't make your agenda any less obvious or what you say any more objective or intelligent.

I didn't post any opinions in my original post. I simply asked a question and posted some statistics. I have no idea why that bothers you.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:24 AM   #44
red1
Dinosaurs

kg215 da gawd
Old 12-31-2012, 01:26 AM   #45
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
I didn't post any opinions in my original post. I simply asked a question and posted some statistics. I have no idea why that bothers you.
It doesn't bother me. It's after midnight, I'm bored, and coupled with your posting history, the premise and agenda of this thread was obvious and I got a kick out of it. You provide me with entertainment because I know you're trolling. Whether it be your lifelong message-board mission of disproving the myths of "Jordan Mythologists", or subtly propping-up your favorite player with DRtg and not much else, I get a few cheap laughs out of your posts now; no more being bothered and getting upset by them.

Last edited by KG215 : 12-31-2012 at 01:32 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: