Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #61
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est
 
ErhnamDjinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lurking in Dominaria
Posts: 2,729
Default Re: Kanye West knocked up Kim K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
You can't. Its just two people who happen to be celebrities. They can't do any worst than the people we aren't making topics about who definitely shouldn't have children. Ya know, people with no income, addicts, people of that nature. They reproduce all they want, i mention people should need a license to parent, and suddenly i'm insane and infringing on human rights. But Kanye/Kim K have a baby, two people we know nothing about outside of what we read in a paper or see on a screen, and suddenly we're qualified to single these people out as the two who definitely shouldn't procreate.

Sounds like hate to me. We do way too much dehumanizing of these celebrities, and wonder why they appear crazy to us.
good post + Juan

They will atleast provided for this kid that will come out we have a couple outside my house that has no income except collecting trash and I think she has already had 6 kids and is currently carrying a child again, these kids will grow up to be no better then there folk and will probably be beggars or criminals by the age of 10.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #62
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,656
Default Re: Kanye West knocked up Kim K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
You can't. Its just two people who happen to be celebrities. They can't do any worst than the people we aren't making topics about who definitely shouldn't have children. Ya know, people with no income, addicts, people of that nature. They reproduce all they want, i mention people should need a license to parent, and suddenly i'm insane and infringing on human rights. But Kanye/Kim K have a baby, two people we know nothing about outside of what we read in a paper or see on a screen, and suddenly we're qualified to single these people out as the two who definitely shouldn't procreate.

Sounds like hate to me. We do way too much dehumanizing of these celebrities, and wonder why they appear crazy to us.

We are talking about two specific people. Where did anyone say they will be worse parents that everyone else? And what i bolded, where the **** did that come into the conversation?

Note: Kim K puts every second she is allowed to of her life on TV. Do you know who she is? She's famous for being famous, for showing her life. You are talking about her like she's this secret of a human being.

People who argue "there are worse things" are just trying to excuse something else. Kim K and Kanye strike me as likely to be poor parents. The fact there are people out there who should be in jail and are 1,000 times worse is very true, and relevant why?

Last edited by niko : 01-02-2013 at 04:37 PM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #63
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!
 
TheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: amongst wackos
Posts: 10,273
Default Re: Kanye West knocked up Kim K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
BTW, her agency announced that they the pregnancy will definitely be followed and her baby will get it's own reality show. Already announced.

So please don't tell me i can't question her parenting ability.
You care way too much about her parenting skills or lack of...in the end, she's raising her kid, not yours.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #64
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King
 
OhNoTimNoSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,393
Default Re: Kanye West knocked up Kim K.

Do you guys ever sit there and think "What the f*ck am I thinking about?"
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #65
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa
 
Loneshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 3,258
Default Re: Kanye West knocked up Kim K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
We are talking about two specific people. Where did anyone say they will be worse parents that everyone else? And what i bolded, where the **** did that come into the conversation?

Note: Kim K puts every second she is allowed to of her life on TV. Do you know who she is? She's famous for being famous, for showing her life. You are talking about her like she's this secret of a human being.

People who argue "there are worse things" are just trying to excuse something else. Kim K and Kanye strike me as likely to be poor parents. The fact there are people out there who should be in jail and are 1,000 times worse is very true, and relevant why?

I made a topic a while back saying that people should need a license in order to have children and almost everyone flipped out saying i was crazy, that no one has the right to say who should and shouldn't be able to reproduce.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #66
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,656
Default Re: Kanye West knocked up Kim K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
I made a topic a while back saying that people should need a license in order to have children and almost everyone flipped out saying i was crazy, that no one has the right to say who should and shouldn't be able to reproduce.
i don't think it's feasible to carry out, but i get your logic. I'm assuming you are young because you are translating my "i think Kim K will be a bad mom" to "Kim K is a bad person". It's not the same.

BTW, People need to stop telling me what i can and cannot "care" about. If someone asks me if i like the sky blue or dark blue and i answer, that didn't mean i spent three years researching.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #67
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 39,640
Default Re: Kanye West knocked up Kim K.

Blame Game skit

I wonder if they play this song while having sex.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #68
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,300
Default Re: Kanye West knocked up Kim K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
You can't. Its just two people who happen to be celebrities. They can't do any worst than the people we aren't making topics about who definitely shouldn't have children. Ya know, people with no income, addicts, people of that nature. They reproduce all they want, i mention people should need a license to parent, and suddenly i'm insane and infringing on human rights. But Kanye/Kim K have a baby, two people we know nothing about outside of what we read in a paper or see on a screen, and suddenly we're qualified to single these people out as the two who definitely shouldn't procreate.

Sounds like hate to me. We do way too much dehumanizing of these celebrities, and wonder why they appear crazy to us.
here is what you dont seem to get. We know an awful lot about them, because they put much of their private life on public display. You dont just detach your real personality and put on a mask when the camera is on. Kim K is a vapid, self-obsessed bimbo in real life too! and kanye is not much better. Conspicuous consumption for the sake of appearance. Reminds me of the Family Guy where chick from the hills is a PhD in physics? off the set. Sure, Kim K is a deep and sophisticated human being.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #69
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa
 
Loneshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 3,258
Default Re: Kanye West knocked up Kim K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
i don't think it's feasible to carry out, but i get your logic. I'm assuming you are young because you are translating my "i think Kim K will be a bad mom" to "Kim K is a bad person". It's not the same.

BTW, People need to stop telling me what i can and cannot "care" about. If someone asks me if i like the sky blue or dark blue and i answer, that didn't mean i spent three years researching.

I'm not translating it that way at all. Age has little to do with life experiences teaching you lessons; one of those lessons being that most people are judging 'KimYe' as potential bad parents based on what they've seen on TV and read in the media. I just can't find it in myself to act like i know these two individuals based on tv and news scoops.

I'm not saying they'll be good or not as parents, and i really don't care to think about it much. I do care that the general public is overly obsessed with judging people they have very little knowledge of just because they appear larger than life. Its a very unwarranted hate that says less about the people that are being hated and more about the distant strangers doing the hating.

I would probably be able to excuse the hate and outrage if this was a forum populated by women, but men? The male species is really on the decline, huh?
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #70
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa
 
Loneshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 3,258
Default Re: Kanye West knocked up Kim K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
here is what you dont seem to get. We know an awful lot about them, because they put much of their private life on public display. You dont just detach your real personality and put on a mask when the camera is on. Kim K is a vapid, self-obsessed bimbo in real life too! and kanye is not much better. Conspicuous consumption for the sake of appearance. Reminds me of the Family Guy where chick from the hills is a PhD in physics? off the set. Sure, Kim K is a deep and sophisticated human being.

Until you've had some sort of personal relationship with these people, you know nothing. Chappelle talked about this a little bit, how when you get so big, you ceased to be human to everyone below you. He talked about how everyone called Martin Lawrence crazy because of the gun incident where he claimed people were after him, and Chappelle said himself that one reason he walked away from it all was because Hollywood is that crazy; that you can end up in this place where everyone has no clue what's really going on, but watches your reaction to the chaos they're unaware of and labels you the maniac.

Kim K films most of her life, so what? She's raking in the dough while she's young enough to attract the money. She's known to have ****ed a few ballers, so we call her a gold digger, yet no one says a thing about America's sweetheart Taylor Swift having been ****ed and dumped by most of Hollywood. Most men on this planet would trade a limb to be with that woman, and most women would probably trade their husband for her fame, no matter how controversial it is. Yet until they get the opportunity to make that deal, its hate, envy, and judge all the way to the grave.

And Kanye, they say he's an ego maniac...ugh, this whole country's foundation is the promotion of self; expand your ego. One guy standing out too much for his and suddenly he's a douche. Personally i see a guy still dealing with his mother's passing, and i know personally how that goes and how most people expect you to just get over it, but only you understand that you can't just do that.

No one has the right to judge either of these two nor act like they have some moral superiority to say how low they are and how they'd make awful parents.

Last edited by Loneshot : 01-02-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:26 AM   #71
Just2McFly
By Any Means
 
Just2McFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,332
Default Re: Kanye West knocked up Kim K.

So people like primetime can have a kid in peace but people here have concerns over kim and kanye?
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:50 AM   #72
kNicKz
College superstar
 
kNicKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,886
Default Re: Kanye West knocked up Kim K.



moment of silence
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:09 AM   #73
lilojmayo
TP23
 
lilojmayo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,606
Default Re: Kanye West knocked up Kim K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz


moment of silence




i'd pay to let sh*t on my face
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:20 AM   #74
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.
 
NuggetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NuggetNation.
Posts: 10,237
Default Re: Kanye West knocked up Kim K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Funny how people with absolutely 0 experience parenting feel they can criticize others attempts of having a baby

Considering how much parenting can impact a human being and affect the world we live in it's kinda understandable. You treat you're child like shit and he grows up to be a maniac it's somebody in this thread that has to deal with them. I don't want to get shot in the face because some piece of shit decided he was going to emotionally and physically abuse his kid.

That being said this is hardly a case of that. They have tons of money, which like it or not is important. This kid will have every available option out there, the sky is literally the limit. I don't know much about Kim K but seems like a pretty tight knit family that loves eachother, we haven't seen anything that would suggest Kanye is incapable of loving a child. Yeah she seems like a whore but not like she'd be the first slut to have a kid, f*ck somebody in this thread has a mom that was probably a huge skank before they showed up.

All the reality TV shit is crazy to me but if you're worst complaint as a son/daughter is being on MTV as a kid, I'd say that would quality as a minor problem. Once again my knowledge of Kanye and Kim K is limited but neither have criminal records? Really besides being a douche bag/attention whores what else is there? Millions of kids out there having it far worse than Mommy wanting to get a good picture in with the press.

Lastly why is it that parents always step up and seem outraged? It's like they want everybody to know how tough it is being a parent. You're problems may not be as magnified as these two but I seriously doubt you're perfect. It's always newer parents too, with younger kids. It's like congrats, you raised a 4 year old. Come back at me in 15 years and let us know what you've produced and than run you're mouth. 20 years from now atleast one of the hundreds of people hating right will have probably gone to produce atleast one of a drug dealer, prostitute etc. where as this kid will probably be featuring on some top 40 hit and most likely just a spoiled brat.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #75
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,656
Default Re: Kanye West knocked up Kim K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Considering how much parenting can impact a human being and affect the world we live in it's kinda understandable. You treat you're child like shit and he grows up to be a maniac it's somebody in this thread that has to deal with them. I don't want to get shot in the face because some piece of shit decided he was going to emotionally and physically abuse his kid.

That being said this is hardly a case of that. They have tons of money, which like it or not is important. This kid will have every available option out there, the sky is literally the limit. I don't know much about Kim K but seems like a pretty tight knit family that loves eachother, we haven't seen anything that would suggest Kanye is incapable of loving a child. Yeah she seems like a whore but not like she'd be the first slut to have a kid, f*ck somebody in this thread has a mom that was probably a huge skank before they showed up.

All the reality TV shit is crazy to me but if you're worst complaint as a son/daughter is being on MTV as a kid, I'd say that would quality as a minor problem. Once again my knowledge of Kanye and Kim K is limited but neither have criminal records? Really besides being a douche bag/attention whores what else is there? Millions of kids out there having it far worse than Mommy wanting to get a good picture in with the press.

Lastly why is it that parents always step up and seem outraged? It's like they want everybody to know how tough it is being a parent. You're problems may not be as magnified as these two but I seriously doubt you're perfect. It's always newer parents too, with younger kids. It's like congrats, you raised a 4 year old. Come back at me in 15 years and let us know what you've produced and than run you're mouth. 20 years from now atleast one of the hundreds of people hating right will have probably gone to produce atleast one of a drug dealer, prostitute etc. where as this kid will probably be featuring on some top 40 hit and most likely just a spoiled brat.

Who is outraged? People on this board are strange, people asked a question and people answered. Why is answering this question akin to outrage and overreaction and none of the 4 billion other questions on the board are not?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:56 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy