Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #16
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Your Playoff Predictions with a Super Bowl winner.

Everyone's down on the Texans. They'll make it to the big game as they are the most balanced team in contention.

Packers over Texans
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #17
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Everyone's down on the Texans. They'll make it to the big game as they are the most balanced team in contention.

Packers over Texans
They blew it on Sunday. They will have to go into NE or Denver and win. Last time they went into NE it was terrible.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #18
heyhey
stay mad golden state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Wild Card
NFC
Packers over Vikings
Redskins over Seahawks

AFC
Texans over Bengals
Colts over Ravens

Divisional Round
NFC
Falcons over Redskins
Packers over 49ers

AFC
Broncos over Colts
Patriots over Texans

Conference Finals
NFC
Packers over Falcons

AFC
Pats over Broncos

Super Bowl
Pats over Packers

I don't feel strongly about any team so I'm going homer. Pats are as good as anyone.

this is pretty much my picks except I got skins over falcons

Still can't trust Peyton Manning in the playoffs imo. I see him coming up small against the patriots
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #19
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Wild Card
NFC
Packers over Vikings
Seahawks over Redskins

AFC
Texans over Bengals
Colts over Ravens

Divisional Round
NFC
Falcons over Seahawks
Packers over 49ers

AFC
Broncos over Colts
Patriots over Texans

Conference Finals
NFC
Packers over Falcons

AFC
Pats over Broncos

Super Bowl
Pats over Packers
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #20
D.J.
College superstar

Quote:
They blew it on Sunday. They will have to go into NE or Denver and win. Last time they went into NE it was terrible.

New England has always found a way to blow it over the past several years. A home game against the Texans is far from an automatic win. Hell if it wasn't for Lee Evans dropping a wide open pass in the endzone in last year's AFC title game, the Superbowl would have been Ravens/Giants.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #21
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
New England has always found a way to blow it over the past several years. A home game against the Texans is far from an automatic win. Hell if it wasn't for Lee Evans dropping a wide open pass in the endzone in last year's AFC title game, the Superbowl would have been Ravens/Giants.
If the Patriots have "always blown it" then the only teams that haven't "always" blown it are the NYG, Packers and Steelers. Only one of those teams is even in the postseason. People that dismiss the Pats over that kind of standard don't realize that that's one heck of a standard.

Beating Houston at home isn't a guarantee because nothing is in the NFL. But historically you don't beat Brady and Belichick in Foxboro. That's why the only other team I could see winning the AFC is Denver.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #22
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

Quote:
If the Patriots have "always blown it" then the only teams that haven't "always" blown it are the NYG, Packers and Steelers. Only one of those teams is even in the postseason. People that dismiss the Pats over that kind of standard don't realize that that's one heck of a standard.

Beating Houston at home isn't a guarantee because nothing is in the NFL. But historically you don't beat Brady and Belichick in Foxboro. That's why the only other team I could see winning the AFC is Denver.

True
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #23
StateOfMind12
Banned

Broncos over Packers.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:25 AM   #24
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

I got New England beating San Francisco.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:32 AM   #25
Legend of Josh
Banned

I don't see anyone giving the Bengals a shot over the Texans this weekend. Granted, Cincinnati hasn't won a playoff game in decades, I have a feeling things might be different this season. I don't expect either the Texans or Bengals to make it past the 2nd round, but I will go ahead and say Cincy over Houston this week. They're one of the more dangerous teams right now, and they play better on the road.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #26
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I don't see anyone giving the Bengals a shot over the Texans this weekend. Granted, Cincinnati hasn't won a playoff game in decades, I have a feeling things might be different this season. I don't expect either the Texans or Bengals to make it past the 2nd round, but I will go ahead and say Cincy over Houston this week. They're one of the more dangerous teams right now, and they play better on the road.

My main concern is, how will Marvin Lewis handle the spotlight? Past history has shown that he comes up short in crisis. However, I think that Houston's Gary kubiak also has a spotlight on him, and this is Matt schaub's first ever playoff game.

Defensively, I feel as if the bengals will hold their own, but we have struggled to run the ball lately, and someone has gotta step up as the no.2 wideout.

As far are the playoff win drought goes, I'm sick and tired of it, but the fans, not the players on the field, are the ones carrying that baggage around. It's Houston that has everything to lose Saturday, as they were once 11-1, whereas we finished the 2nd half of the season 7-1
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #27
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Denver over Green Bay. Peyton Manning superbowl MVP.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #28
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
My main concern is, how will Marvin Lewis handle the spotlight? Past history has shown that he comes up short in crisis. However, I think that Houston's Gary kubiak also has a spotlight on him, and this is Matt schaub's first ever playoff game.

Defensively, I feel as if the bengals will hold their own, but we have struggled to run the ball lately, and someone has gotta step up as the no.2 wideout.

As far are the playoff win drought goes, I'm sick and tired of it, but the fans, not the players on the field, are the ones carrying that baggage around. It's Houston that has everything to lose Saturday, as they were once 11-1, whereas we finished the 2nd half of the season 7-1

That's what I'm sayin'! ... we're one dangerous squad right now, wrapping up the season with a critical win-and-you're-in / lose-and-you're-out against our toughest historic rival in Pittsburgh and our new toughest rival in Baltimore; two impressive wins not to mention we defeated last year's Superbowl champs (LOL, then again, who didn't this year?).

What I'm sayin' is we're flying way under the radar right now, and I agree with you, I think a lot of it boils down to what Marvin Lewis does. The decisions he makes - the decisions he doesn't make. He's had talent around him for most of his career in Cincy... and truth be told, he hasn't always managed that talent successfully.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #29
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Be ready for two weeks of "If he wins is he the greatest QB ever" talk if Brady or Manning make it to the superbowl.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #30
D.J.
College superstar

Quote:

When you look like you're playing high school teams during the regular season, you're kind of expected to win it all. Too often we've seen the Pats trample the opposition during the regular season often putting up 40+ points, then somehow lose in the playoffs.

Quote:

The Jets and Ravens have both done it since 2009.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: