Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #46
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Your Playoff Predictions with a Super Bowl winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
If Tom Brady were bald, pimple faced geek no one would even care, but because he's a pretty boy who puts face paint warrior marks under his eyes, he's lumped into the GOAT category.

You don't really believe that do you? For now I still have Montana as the GOAT but Brady is probably neck and neck behind him. Brady is by far better than other GOAT candidates like Marino, Elway, Aikman, Young, etc.

With another ring Brady has everything to back him for GOAT status.. Even Manning as well.

Who's your GOAT?
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #47
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Be ready for two weeks of "If he wins is he the greatest QB ever" talk if Brady or Manning make it to the superbowl.

Wait a minute...........

Brady might have the resume if he wins the Superbowl to start the Montana discussion, but Manning won't, even if he wins it. Sorry.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #48
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Wait a minute...........

Brady might have the resume if he wins the Superbowl to start the Montana discussion, but Manning won't, even if he wins it. Sorry.

You obviously didn't listen to the media the last time we made the superbowl. A lot of people were saying he would be the GOAT if the Colts won that game.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #49
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Tom Brady(1st year starting), Big Ben(2nd year-) were SB winners on the top of my head. In general Rookie QB's usually struggle and are on rebuilding teams so we really never see rookie QB's dominate the way this years draft class has.

Wilson doesn't seem like the player who'll struggle in the big stage. He's very calm in the pocket, doesn't make many mistakes and isn't relied upon to out gun the competition. I can easily see RG3 or Luck failing due to the heavy burden on their shoulders for a rookie but Wilson isn't relied upon to win as much as they are.

Look at San Fran last year and Seattle's current team is very similar. People weren't expecting Alex Smith to lead them and he basically carried them against New Orleans and the niners as a team were a couple of fumbles from reaching the SB(but yet Alex Smith gets blamed!) This Seattle defense is nasty and physical. But I do see a problem when they play Green Bay at Lambeau, I don't expect Wilson to hang in with Rodgers..

You make notable points... especially about this year being that of very high quality rookie QBs. I don't see Wilson ever winning a SB... but I do see both RG3 and Luck at some point or another winning one.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #50
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
You obviously didn't listen to the media the last time we made the superbowl. A lot of people were saying he would be the GOAT if the Colts won that game.

The ESPN media can say whatever they want to. These are the same people that are now planting the seeds of "LeBron is better than Jordan".

For the GOAT discussion, the media does not decide. Sure, they can decide the MVP award, but NOT the GOAT discussion. The GOAT is determined by the general consensus of the public.

And as great as Manning is, and as incredible as his career has been, he's simply NOT in that discussion, even if he wins the MVP, Superbowl, and Superbowl MVP.

Sorry, but his resume would still NOT measure up to Montana's at all. Even if you wanted to argue that Manning was better individually, it still is a moot point, because his resume is not nearly as good.

You don't get GOAT status from a couple Superbowl wins and challenging Favre in stats. The standard is higher than that.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #51
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
You don't really believe that do you? For now I still have Montana as the GOAT but Brady is probably neck and neck behind him. Brady is by far better than other GOAT candidates like Marino, Elway, Aikman, Young, etc.

With another ring Brady has everything to back him for GOAT status.. Even Manning as well.

Who's your GOAT?

I was just joking. Being dumb. At the same time I posted that post, I was shaking dandruff down onto a plate, then I used my ATM/debit card to shift it all together, then I snorted it like cocaine. I still haven't felt high though. Still waiting...
Old 01-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #52
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
The ESPN media can say whatever they want to. These are the same people that are now planting the seeds of "LeBron is better than Jordan".

For the GOAT discussion, the media does not decide. Sure, they can decide the MVP award, but NOT the GOAT discussion. The GOAT is determined by the general consensus of the public.

And as great as Manning is, and as incredible as his career has been, he's simply NOT in that discussion, even if he wins the MVP, Superbowl, and Superbowl MVP.

Sorry, but his resume would still NOT measure up to Montana's at all. Even if you wanted to argue that Manning was better individually, it still is a moot point, because his resume is not nearly as good.

You don't get GOAT status from a couple Superbowl wins and challenging Favre in stats. The standard is higher than that.

Peyton Manning's individual resume is absolutely, 100 percent worthy.

Here's a run down:

4 MVP's (most in NFL history, and a legit shot at his 5th)
3rd all time in Passing Yards (Probably will finish 1st)
2nd all time in Touchdowns (will be 1st)
2nd all time in Game Winning Drives (will be 1st)
4th all time in Passer Rating

Nobody comes all that close to that individual resume. He has been by all accounts the single most dominant quarterback in the history of the NFL if you go by his individual resume.

To suggest he doesn't have the resume is completely untrue and just retarded, only a hater would say otherwise.

With a second ring he would get serious GOAT talk amongst media and fans, and deservedly so.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #53
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but one can comfortably make the argument Peyton Manning is one of the greatest of all time, and even make a case for "the" greatest.

I'm personally not saying he is, I'm just sayin' ...
Old 01-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #54
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:

Here's a run down:

Nobody comes all that close to that individual resume. He has been by all accounts the single most dominant quarterback in the history of the NFL if you go by his individual resume.

To suggest he doesn't have the resume is completely untrue and just retarded, only a hater would say otherwise.

With a second ring he would get serious GOAT talk amongst media and fans, and deservedly so.

Great points. I hate it when people only bring us Superbowl wins. Look at Dan Marino. No one in their right mind would say he isn't an all-time great, but the guy doesn't have a single Superbowl ring. He's still one of the best to ever throw a football.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #55
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

Here's a run down:

Manning is definitely in the discussion and he's right now in the top 3 QB's of all time(behind Montana and Brady). BUT with one ring he won't be considered but with two he's definitely in the discussion and if he somehow wins three he probably elevates himself to the GOAT. It probably depends on how Brady finishes compared to Manning.

Even if he doesn't win another ring he'll be considered the regular season GOAT
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #56
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Peyton Manning has a strong case, and imo has the best case, for being the best quarterback of all time. Like the best player at that position.

But he hasn't had the best career of all time. That title still remains with Joe Montana.

Uhh prediction wise I would love to sit here and confidently say that the 49'ers will win it all, but that's not the way football works AND they haven't been that consistent lately. That said home field will be a big help. So:

NFC:

Packers over Vikings
Seahawks over Redskins

Packers over Falcons (My prediction for the best game of the post season)
Niners of Hawks

Niners over Packers

AFC:

Texans over Bengals
Colts over Ravens

Patriots over Colts
Broncos over Texans

Broncos over Patriots

Superbowl:
49'ers over Broncos

In all honesty I don't have a singular favorite, and with the exception of a couple games and a couple teams I could see good reason why every game would go both ways.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #57
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Something that Montana never did...EVER
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #58
jazz873
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Peyton Manning has a strong case, and imo has the best case, for being the best quarterback of all time. Like the best player at that position.

But he hasn't had the best career of all time. That title still remains with Joe Montana.

Uhh prediction wise I would love to sit here and confidently say that the 49'ers will win it all, but that's not the way football works AND they haven't been that consistent lately. That said home field will be a big help. So:

NFC:

Packers over Vikings
Seahawks over Redskins

Packers over Falcons (My prediction for the best game of the post season)
Niners of Hawks

Niners over Packers

AFC:

Texans over Bengals
Colts over Ravens

Patriots over Colts
Broncos over Texans

Broncos over Patriots

Superbowl:
49'ers over Broncos

In all honesty I don't have a singular favorite, and with the exception of a couple games and a couple teams I could see good reason why every game would go both ways.
Correct me if i am wrong but if the Packers win they play the 49ers no matter what
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #59
D.J.
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Correct me if i am wrong but if the Packers win they play the 49ers no matter what

Correct. 49ers are the #2 seed, so Falcons are playing whoever wins between Redskins/Seahawks assuming Green Bay wins.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #60
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Falcons gonna choke in their first game again.

I'm hoping for Denver vs NE and GB vs Seattle in the conf champ games.

Then I'm hoping Denver vs GB in the Super Bowl.

With a Denver win.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: