Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #61
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Black Monday Thread (Firings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Bill O'Brien has decided to stay at Penn State.

Id be happy for PSU fans if they werent mostly insufferable douches. Stand-up move by O'Brien.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #62
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
What would I have done differently? I'm not an owner. I'm not a GM. You can keep playing this "you explain" game all day long. We can ride this merry-go-round until 3 AM, but what I'm telling you is the cold hard facts, which is the Cowboys have been the league's biggest disappointment the past decade and a half. That Tony Romo doesn't win when he's under pressure in big games. That Jerry Jones OBVIOUSLY isn't doing something that works, otherwise, the Cowboys might have actually done something the Eagles and Giants have done in the past decade and a half, WHICH IS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS CONSISTENTLY, AND WIN PLAYOFF GAMES.

The simple TRUTH, the actual FACTS, REAL TALK and all that clearly spells out that the Dallas Cowboys flat out suck. Does that entail Tony Romo being the problem? Some would say yes. Does that entail Jerry Jones being the problem? Some would say yes. Both perhaps? Some would say yes. Instead of me having to explain why the Cowboys suck, why don't you (since you're the Cowboys fan, not me) explain what they're doing right?

I'm just an unbiased fan from the outside looking in and making a simple observation. YOU'RE the actual biased fan who is fighting tooth and nail in an effort to defend your Cowboys. So really, the "burden of proof" if you will, is on you, not me. So, ready, set go - YOU explain what Jerry Jones is doing right.

Are you happy with a .500 season missing the playoffs?

okay, so you have no idea what Jerry is doing wrong then...that is what I thought
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:37 AM   #63
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
okay, so you have no idea what Jerry is doing wrong then...that is what I thought

That still doesn't change anything. Fact remains Cowboys blew their opportunity to win the division. Tony Romo blew it. When he had an opportunity to step up, he just stepped off. He seems to do this often, yet some people grossly overrate the guy saying he's Top 5 and shit. What is Jerry Jones doing wrong? Well, as we all know it starts at the top, and championships begin their manufacturing process at the top, which would be Jerry Jones. The Cowboys never even had a "window" or even the slightest chance at making a SB run, and as long as Romo is Dallas' star, they'll be lucky to simply win another playoff game.

I think it's about time you come to the realization your Cowboys and especially Romo in the clutch just flat out SUCK. Can you at least take your head out of your ass for one minute - just one minute - and admit they SUCK. Are you going to do that? Hell no. That is what I thought.

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:58 AM   #64
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No way did we suck if we beat the mighty Bengals this year...
Old 01-04-2013, 02:27 AM   #65
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Jerry Jones doesn't know what Jerry Jones is doing wrong it seems.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:42 AM   #66
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
No way did we suck if we beat the mighty Bengals this year...

On any given Sunday any team in the NFL can win a football game regardless of who they're playing doesn't matter. What does matter is the result after you add up all those Sundays ending in Week 17. Your team's objective was simple: beat the 'Skins and you're in. Lose and go home. As expected, Tony Romo was Tony NoShow and like the average quarterback he is, him and the 'Boys finished the season with an average 8-8 record. Don't get mad and take your frustration out on the Bengals. The Bengals didn't do shit to you.

Yeah you beat Cincy ... and we beat the world champion Giants, so what's your point? We beat some good teams this season, and we lost to some loser-level teams (such as the Cowboys). In the NFL, anything can happen. The one sure thing we can always be sure of however is that the Dallas Cowboys in the Romo era will never make it past the 2nd round of any given post season, and more often than not averagely missing the playoffs on any average year. I don't care if Romo throws 40 touchdowns and half as many interceptions during the regular season with a QBR of 95+ ... all that doesn't matter jack shit once the bell rings and the NFL's best go at it in do-or-die situations - b/cuz once that bell rings and the spotlight is on Romo, it's lights out for Dallas.

It's all good though, because Jerry Jones know what he doing, right? COME ON MAN.

Last edited by Legend of Josh : 01-04-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #67
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The problem with Jerry Jones the GM is that there is no accountability. Why would it get better? The roster is not perfect, it's very top heavy and it's injury prone. (It's a similar issue the Giants have.)
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #68
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Id be happy for PSU fans if they werent mostly insufferable douches. Stand-up move by O'Brien.

Haha, not all of them! People that say we have the best parties in the country are wrong though. I've been to West Virginia and Gainesville and they're a little step up.

I'm excited about this because we have the one of the best quarterback prospects locked up here thanks to Bill. http://rivals.yahoo.com/BWI/football...OG5VWFx5fLrJB4

Penn State could have easily been a top ten team this year had it not been for the sanctions.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #69
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
The problem with Jerry Jones the GM is that there is no accountability. Why would it get better? The roster is not perfect, it's very top heavy and it's injury prone. (It's a similar issue the Giants have.)
He has taken blame for things in the past...IMO if Jerry were to hire a GM and that GM fail, everyone would STILL point the finger at JERRY.

as of late I have been happy with Jerry the GM, the last "BAD" thing I think he has done was the Roy Williams trade, and that was a long time ago...I love our past 3 drafts

in related news...apparently Holmgren in November said that he wants to come back and coach but would ONLY coach the Dallas Cowboys

if this is true Jerry needs to fire Garrett ASAP...Holmgren is too proven, best option there is period, over Gruden and Cowher
Old 01-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #70
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...-mike-holmgren

Quote:
ARLINGTON, Texas -- ESPN's Ed Werder reported this morning that former Green Bay and Seattle coach Mike Holmgren would return to the sidelines only to coach the Dallas Cowboys if that job became available.

Werder's report says Holmgren believes the Cowboys have the talent to win a Super Bowl.

Before Sunday's game, Holmgren, the Cleveland Browns' president, had a chat with Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones. The two are long-time friends.

"We had a visit, that we always have, when he comes or when I come to where he is," Jones said. "We are good friends. We served for about seven to eight years on the competition committee together. We have a top friendship and we visited about all the things we normally visit about, and heís, apart from being an outstanding coach, heís a heck of a man. A lot of character, and I canít tell you how much I respect him and when you're in close like that, spend a lot of time with somebody, familiarly can breed content as the old saying goes. It's just the opposite with him, every time Iíve ever been around him heís gone up five."

from November...but now getting looked at more
Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #71
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Reid coach of the Chiefs...official

I believe he is also the GM right now, but plans to hire one
Old 01-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #72
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:

I wonder what made him choose KC instead of Arizona. Maybe that number one picked and having Charles was enticing.

I bet Charles has a monster year next year with Reid's schemes and screens.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #73
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Reid will hire Heckert as his GM. Where does Pioli end up
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #74
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Pioli will end up back with the Patriots in some capacity.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #75
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
I wonder what made him choose KC instead of Arizona. Maybe that number one picked and having Charles was enticing.

I bet Charles has a monster year next year with Reid's schemes and screens.
That and was probably given more control over the franchise. Chiefs also have a lot of talent in their defense. If they could retain bowe that would be a plus too. He would havve a very solid RB, A QB of his choosing in the draft with the number 1 pick, and a number 1 WR. I always though chiefs needed better coaching and QB to become relevant.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: