Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #76
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Default Re: When will Romosexual get replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Somehow saying the rest of the team sucked is an "excuse"? Lol

Witten sucks? Bryant sucks? Austin sucks? Murray sucks? I think it's funny that you'll praise various players when it suits your needs, but then throw them under the bus when Romo is discussed.

Quote:
Okay, it was 100% Romo...even if we had Seattle D and Peterson at RB we would still lose because of Romo...its impossible to win with Romo...blah blah blah Romo

It's obviously not 100% Romo, but you're dead set on blaming everyone else but him like he's almost blameless or something.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #77
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Lol, Skins fans finally make the post season since Doug Williams and act like they're all that

Ahhh...how cute

I didn't say anything about the Redskins and don't try to change the subject. You really want to talk about the playoffs considering your team has won 1 game since 1996? You should just go back to trying to blame everyone except Romo. Maybe blame the OL now? The cheerleaders? Blame the fans?
Old 01-06-2013, 01:31 AM   #78
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

OL def deserves some blame

Romo can take most of the blame for week 17, and 2 other games...the other 13 games not so much, gets cred for leading a bunch of wins from behind maybe.

Oh I know the only game that counts is the last game right? Or just the last drive? The entire year is all that one INT right?

It's seriously crazy how stupid and simple minded some fans are.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:12 AM   #79
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Get replaced by whom? Romo is a notch below the elite quarterbacks, but they are all locked up by their teams. Romo's issues could be corrected with an actual strong minded coach leading Dallas. Someone like a Cowher would work wonders for that team.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #80
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Nobody is saying he sucks over a season. We know he's a good QB. He just tends to choke in big games. Why get all defensive and go into excuse-mode whenever someone says that Romo chokes in big games? Accept the failure, and maybe he'll redeem himself a bit one year. I do agree that you should stop being simpleminded about it.

Quote:
The entire year is all that one INT right?

Well, it did end your season...
Old 01-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #81
Michael_Wilbon
Great young streetballer

The last two Super Bowl Champions were dead last in rushing, IIRC.
Michael_Wilbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #82
Nanners
College star

Quote:
Yep Dirk was the biggest cholera in the history of the NBA at one point

"How can you win with Dirk it is impossible, he doesn't show up for big games because of the magic clutch gene in his DNA" lol...

Romo has one good run and all the choke talk is erased from memory

dirk and romo is a bad comparison.

it is true that like romo, dirk was considered a choker for much his career. but lets not forget that dirk was a top 5 player in the NBA at one point and actually won league MVP. when has romo ever been a top 5 player in the NFL or played at MVP caliber level? dirk is a much better basketball player than romo is football player.
Nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #83
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
dirk and romo is a bad comparison.

it is true that like romo, dirk was considered a choker for much his career. but lets not forget that dirk was a top 5 player in the NBA at one point and actually won league MVP. when has romo ever been a top 5 player in the NFL or played at MVP caliber level? dirk is a much better basketball player than romo is football player.
It doesn't matter people still said THE EXACT SAME SHIT about Dirk...that he couldn't ever win the big games...Mavs will never be champs with Dirk as the leader because he chokes...etc

I do think that Romo got some mentions for MVP the 13-3 year though.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #84
Nanners
College star

Quote:
It doesn't matter people still said THE EXACT SAME SHIT about Dirk...that he couldn't ever win the big games...Mavs will never be champs with Dirk as the leader because he chokes...etc

people say the EXACT SAME SHIT about mark fvcking sanchez too. people said it about lebron. people say that stuff about all chokers.

aside from being good at choking and playing for teams from dallas, dirk and romo have nothing in common.
Nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #85
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
people say the EXACT SAME SHIT about mark fvcking sanchez too. people said it about lebron. people say that stuff about all chokers.

aside from being good at choking and playing for teams from dallas, dirk and romo have nothing in common.
well "choking" is all this debate is about...so whatever else they do or don't have common is meaningless...do you need them to both be the same height and weight?...hey they are both white!!!

point is NO ONE thought Dirk could win a ring...Lebron was not really like that ever...everyone expected him to eventually win, but if you think Lebron was also like that then it just proves my point even more, there are plenty of "chokers" that eventually prove everyone wrong.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #86
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:

No he didn't. There is no ****ing way unless it was by a member of the Dallas Media who was related to his GF of the moment. and before you think i'm hating that is 2007. ONE person got MVP recognition in 2007. ONE person got 49 out of 50 votes. One person got a sickening amount of attention until we burst their bubble in the Super Bowl.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #87
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
No he didn't. There is no ****ing way unless it was by a member of the Dallas Media who was related to his GF of the moment. and before you think i'm hating that is 2007. ONE person got MVP recognition in 2007. ONE person got 49 out of 50 votes. One person got a sickening amount of attention until we burst their bubble in the Super Bowl.
okay if Tomlinson or Brady ran away with it that year then fine...but let's not act like Romo has never been considered good

it is irrelevant to my point any way...not sure why Nanners needs Romo to be an "MVP" in order for the comparison to work, it means nothing to the point
Old 01-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #88
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
okay if Tomlinson or Brady ran away with it that year then fine...but let's not act like Romo has never been considered good

it is irrelevant to my point any way...not sure why Nanners needs Romo to be an "MVP" in order for the comparison to work, it means nothing to the point
Brady obviously. You have real tunnel vision in watching football.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #89
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Brady obviously. You have real tunnel vision in watching football.
you're off topic...

point is that there are plenty of other labeled "chokers" that went on to prove everyone wrong...
Old 01-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #90
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

So do you think Romo is the best option? Or would you be open to them getting someone else?

As of right now it wouldn't make any sense, no one who will be available here shortly would be right barring a trade that I don't think other teams would make. But lets say they have the opportunity to pick up a QB in the 2nd-4th round that they might groom. Would you be down with that?
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: