Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-31-2012, 11:04 PM   #16
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation
Default Re: The difference 1 or 2 games make

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlip
While it was obviously on a different level I remember in the post game interview after Roy Williams won his first national championship coaching North Carolina after failing to do so with Kansas all those years, he responded by saying something like, "I'm the same coach I was 3 hours ago before we won this game."

I for one think rings are overrated. I'm a Laker fan and I enjoy watching Kobe. But I would never ever use his # of rings as an argument.
elementally morale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:06 PM   #17
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
50% of the 2012 heat championship belongs to him

And if they end up not winning this year? How much belongs to him then? 50%? 10%? 90%?
Old 12-31-2012, 11:07 PM   #18
CAstill
The GOATS

CAstill is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCAstill is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Gasol didn't win anything for Kobe. I'm glad he did his part and contributed.
Artest was solid but if it wasn't for that three that Kobe set up for
him we would be speaking differently. In a tough rugged slug fest game
where the only way people are scoring is by the line, you think Gasol
saved the day? lol horrible. Kobe wasn't da Gawd that game
but he buckled up and hit his FT's in the 4th quarter for 10 points alone
in that quarter. That and rebounding is what won game 7.
CAstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:08 PM   #19
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
And if they end up not winning this year? How much belongs to him then? 50%? 10%? 90%?
He is a one hit wonder. Not all of us have the ability to be that legendary all the time
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:12 PM   #20
elementally morale
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAstill
Gasol didn't win anything for Kobe. I'm glad he did his part and contributed.
Artest was solid but if it wasn't for that three that Kobe set up for
him we would be speaking differently. In a tough rugged slug fest game
where the only way people are scoring is by the line, you think Gasol
saved the day? lol horrible. Kobe wasn't da Gawd that game
but he buckled up and hit his FT's in the 4th quarter for 10 points alone
in that quarter. That and rebounding is what won game 7.

I'm not going to argue too much about this, it is rather irrelevant in my eyes. Kobe has had enough great performances to have become an all-time great. And he didn't have a good game that day. The effort was there but they could easily have lost the championship. Suppose it goes down as a loss for the Lakers. Is Kobe any worse as a result? So is he any better now, that he has 5 rings and not 4?
Old 12-31-2012, 11:15 PM   #21
Hoiids
Decent playground baller

Hoiids has not been impressing people

This thread has made me want to rewatch the masterful game 6 performance of LeBron. Anyone know where I would be able to watch the full game from?
Hoiids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:17 PM   #22
livinglegend
College star

livinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrylivinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrylivinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Actually, Lebron became a better player after game 6 because that game made him more confident. Mentally, he changed and he showed it by performing well in game 7 and during the finals. Skill wise, he was the same player, but mentally, he became much tougher. Mental toughness is very important to succeed.
livinglegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:20 PM   #23
elementally morale
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglegend
Actually, Lebron became a better player after game 6 because that game made him more confident. Mentally, he changed and he showed it by performing well in game 7 and during the finals. Skill wise, he was the same player, but mentally, he became much tougher. Mental toughness is very important to succeed.

I believe you. He may have become better due to that game.

But then again... how was he able to perform at that level in that game if he wasn't good enough before that game to do so? Or was he? Which is it? One or the other? Was it him being good enough enabling him to play good enough to become even better than he actually was? Or was he simply lucky?
Old 12-31-2012, 11:24 PM   #24
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Larry Brown remained ringless as a coach. Etc.

[/list]
Because he didn't coach the Pistons to there finals win over the Lakers?
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:25 PM   #25
elementally morale
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Because he didn't coach the Pistons to there finals win over the Lakers?

I meant that year. But you are right.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:25 PM   #26
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
OK, those few games changed the perception. But did they also change the player?
I think they may have.

It's very intriguing how that works, isn't it? A few things go right and your reputation starts to snowball. You become self-aware of yourself as: the guy who won games 6 and 7... rather than the guy who's ringless after almost a decade in the L.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:27 PM   #27
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster

Larry Brown has a ring idiot. Who did you think was coaching that 2004 Pistons team? Joe Dumars?
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:28 PM   #28
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I meant that year. But you are right.

O ok my bad I thought when you said ringless I thought you meant his overall career.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:28 PM   #29
elementally morale
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
I think they may have.

It's very intriguing how that works, isn't it? A few things go right and your reputation starts to snowball. You become self-aware of yourself as: the guy who won games 6 and 7... rather than the guy who's ringless after almost a decade in the L.

It is intriguing, yes. And it's not just for basketball but for a whole lot of other things in life.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:31 PM   #30
elementally morale
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
O ok my bad I thought when you said ringless I thought you meant his overall career.

It was my mistake. Bad wording. Still, this is a minor point. With a win over the Spurs... it would have done wonders for Sheed. With another win over the Lakers both Pierce and Garnett would be viewd differently. They were all damn close.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: