Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #361
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft Discussion

Can't believe the Lions didn't take Millner.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #362
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm very happy with the Mingo pick. The Browns have completely revamped their ability to rush the pass this offseason. First, signing Paul Kruger, then Quentin Groves and now solidify that edge with Mingo.

Throw in Sheard (assuming we keep him in the new 3-4 scheme) and that is a pretty nice rotation of guys who can get to the quarterback in a division where it is mandatory.

By the time the draft started, I wanted either Ansah or Mingo. I never really got into the Dion Jordan hype. Yes, he's extremely athletic, but he has yet to show dominance on the actual field and that always scares me.

Now, there is no doubt a hole needs to be filled in the defensive backfield across from Joe Haden. Without Sheldon Brown, taking Milliner with that pick would have made sense from a need standpoint, but his injury issues scared me a bit and I feel like a good pass rush can make up for some deficiencies in the secondary.

Still, I expect to either trade back into the second round to address that corner spot or that to be the pick in the third round.

I'll also say that giving up a second-rounder for Josh Gordon is looking like a damn good move.

No complaints from me tonight, unlike last year when I cried myself to sleep over first giving up a fourth-rounder to move from No. 4 to No. 3 when Richardson would have been there anyway and then taking a 29-year-old quarterback later in the first round.

Much better night tonight and I will rest easy.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 04-26-2013 at 01:07 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #363
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Can't believe the Lions didn't take Millner.
Ansah is a beast. That was the right pick.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:57 AM   #364
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
Sounds like my team as well
Jordan is one of those guys that could go either way... A total beast or a bust. I don't see him being just a solid starter.

It's a ballsy pick and I'll give them credit for rolling the dice on this draft's unknown athletic specimen.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:02 AM   #365
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Oh, and just as an aside...

Browns' president Joe Banner has confirmed that the Browns had a trade on the table if Mingo wasn't there. I'm assuming it was with the Rams for probably the same package they gave up two picks later (16 & 48 for 6).

I'm glad we held firm and took the best guy available. We've done the trade down thing multiple times in past years with mixed results. The Jets switched spots with us for Sanchez and we ended up with Alex Mack out of their pick... That turned out to be a HUGE win, since Mack is a Pro Bowl caliber center and Sanchez is... Well, Sanchez.

Then, a couple years later, trading down with the Falcons... They got Julio Jones and we got Phil Taylor. Phil is a very nice player, but we didn't get much more out of that deal and Julio is a beast.

So, I was happy to actually get the best guy available this year. Let's see how it works out.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:15 AM   #366
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Jordan is one of those guys that could go either way... A total beast or a bust. I don't see him being just a solid starter.

It's a ballsy pick and I'll give them credit for rolling the dice on this draft's unknown athletic specimen.
Yeah, I wasn't high on him going that high. I think they said he played in just 42.5% of Oregon's snaps last season. I don't know if that took injuries into account, or not, but Gruden did say he wasn't ever an every down player in college, or even close. Not saying he can't, because I think that had as much to do with Chip Kelley's system as anything, but he'd basically play 5-6 plays, and sit 5-6 plays.

I don't really know anything else about him except, like you said, he's a great athletic/physical specimen. He's one of those players, if it was my team, I'd be very reserved until I see him get some games under his belt.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #367
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Yeah, I wasn't high on him going that high. I think they said he played in just 42.5% of Oregon's snaps last season. I don't know if that took injuries into account, or not, but Gruden did say he wasn't ever an every down player in college, or even close. Not saying he can't, because I think that had as much to do with Chip Kelley's system as anything, but he'd basically play 5-6 plays, and sit 5-6 plays.

I don't really know anything else about him except, like you said, he's a great athletic/physical specimen. He's one of those players, if it was my team, I'd be very reserved until I see him get some games under his belt.
I thought his draft profile detailed him pretty good if you want to see some info on him. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...dan?id=2539288

Mayock seemed very high on him and listed him at 5 in his top 100 prospects. He looks very versatile and I could see him getting a few snaps at TE like with the ducks

I think if he puts on 20 or some pounds he can be a monster or the next Jason Taylor.

"This young man, I think he's got the potential to be the player that I compare him to, which is Jason Taylor, who ironically played for the Miami Dolphins. I also think he looks like an Aldon Smith, and if he puts on 20 pounds on that 6-foot-7 frame, one day he might be as good as a DeMarcus Ware." -- Mike Mayock

Last edited by BrickingStar : 04-26-2013 at 01:49 AM.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:56 AM   #368
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That was cool how the players had their name on the back of the jersey already in the same jersey style.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:57 AM   #369
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Who do the Jags take tomorrow? Geno? Barkley? Nassib? Something other than QB?

If Geno is there at #35 should Philly take him? Or pass on this year's QB's and wait til next?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:24 AM   #370
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty

If Geno is there at #35 should Philly take him? Or pass on this year's QB's and wait til next?
I see you sticking with Foles and giving him a chance this year. I saw a report that said chip likes foles over geno but could of been some kind of smoke screen so we will see. I think he goes to the jags tbh.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:36 AM   #371
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty

As someone who is a fan of a team who also is going to eventually need a young, future starting QB on the roster... I don't think this is the draft for it.

I don't like EJ Manuel and thought that was a major stretch. Definitely not big on Geno either. I might be able to talk myself into Nassib or Tyler Wilson later in the draft if the value is right, but it would have to be pretty late.

This draft is actually pretty deep at several key positions, from what I can tell. Obviously, OT and DE/OLB, but also corner and safety.

You could also get nice value on a RB in this draft, since none have gone off the board yet and that likely means good value later on.

Not a very good WR class, either.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:05 AM   #372
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why did Buffalo waste the 16th pick on EJ Manuel?! Could have has him 2nd rd
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:46 AM   #373
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

I'd rather not take Geno here. If he's available later on, sure, but we still have a need at DE, CB...If Geno is in our plans I'd rather trade down and take him later or acquire another 2nd.

Can Carradine play 3-4 DE? He's 6'4" 276 and I'm sure could gain a little more weight. Possible the FIU safety or Jamar Taylor with this pick.

Think what I dislike about Geno the most is his slow throwing motion. I feel like that added millisecond is going to allow pass rushers time to get their hand on his arm for a fumble, or for lineman to time it and bat it down.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:20 AM   #374
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt

Wavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Why did Buffalo waste the 16th pick on EJ Manuel?! Could have has him 2nd rd

I don't see it as a waste at all. They wanted the guy, so they went ahead and took him and didn't play the luck game and hope that he fell to the second.
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:38 AM   #375
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I'd like to see Margus Hunt taken here.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: