Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #391
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
False
So the question is, who in the division is improving?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #392
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Everything I've read is that he has the potential to be great, but is a project.

But my look at it is this: we've need another good guy in the secondary for at least 5-6 years. The Lions allowed the most points in the NFL. Part of that was because there were walk ons playing for awhile, because of all the injuries. But outside of Delmas, the secondary is still pretty bad when you're up against the Packers and Bears (I think they'll have a good passing season this year) twice a year each. Especially with the way the league is heading towards being a pass first league.

AND the draft was fairly deep in the trenches, whereas secondary players got a big drop off. I just think Millner was the guy. Or at least a trade down a bit and land another safety to pair with Delmas, in Vaccaro.

I don't know football that well though, so I could be completely wrong in my thought process here though

I liked Milliner a lot for the Browns at 6 up until the last few weeks leading up to the draft, so I know where you're coming from. Even up until we took Mingo, I would have been fine with Milliner, but I did have a few concerns.

Obviously, the fact that he has had five surgeries and will likely start the 2013 season on the PUP list is never a good sign. These guys get beaten up badly in the NFL as it is... When you get a guy who is stepping into the league with quite a few issues, it can be a little scary that high in the draft.

Second, while I think Milliner will be a nice player if he stays healthy, I'm not sure he has elite cornerback skills on the NFL level. Again, at No. 5 overall, you should want a Patrick Peterson level talent for that position.

Third, the league seems to be trending away a bit from the elite secondary making up a staunch defense. Obviously, it never hurts, but it feels like we're going through a period of "attacking the QB" being the first and foremost priority of defensive coordinators and trying to piece together a serviceable secondary through later draft picks and free agency.

Leading up to the draft, I heard a lot of insiders saying most teams have the viewpoint of, it's better to give a guy less time to throw and maybe not have the best overall secondary as opposed to having a great secondary, but giving the quarterback all day to throw.

Obviously you want a balance of being good on both ends, but teams seem to be leaning toward the pass rush.

On top of that, losing Cliff Avril was a pretty big sign that they were going pass-rusher with this pick.

As for Ansah, I'm not even sure he's quite the "project" that a lot of people are saying. I wanted either Ansah or Mingo for the Browns and I think both could have an impact right out of the gates. Both Detroit and Cleveland have good interior line play and now that has been complimented on the edges.

Now, we do have Joe Haden and maybe I'd feel a bit differently if we didn't have at least one corner I knew was going to bring it every week. I still like the pick, though. Detriot's line could be legitimately nasty for a long time.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #393
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

both myself and McShay should get some cred for being of the few that understood Joeckel wasn't a lock for #1 overall...due to the combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
the top 3 tackles in this draft, Joeckle, Lane, Fisher, are all so close in terms of talent that it would be silly for the Eagles to trade up. They are guaranteed one at the 4 spot no matter what.
Joeckle has been the top tackle and mocked as the #1 pick far longer than those two. Fisher emerged thanks to the combine all because of his athleticism. to think all 3 are on the same level? You must have inside scoop on teams draft boards or something. It doesnt take much for a team to fall in love with a prospect thats the point you are missing.
No I just paid attention to the combine and listened to what others were saying like McShay...that was me paying attention and not just looking at random mocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Joeckle is the clear number 1 prospect for left tackles, IMO. You can't draft potential with a top 5 pick, IMO. Lane Johnson has more potential, but Joeckle has competed and played great against future and former first, second, third round picks at DE/OLB and done great overall, and has done it for a number of years.
this statement was false

Quote:
McShay tweeted that he thought Fisher could go #1 overall, that was after the combine but before KC franchised Albert

I believe he has Fisher ahead, or close enough to where it doesn't matter

Lane Johnson completely blew the combine up...his stock is huge right now, but perhaps he is more of the "potential/high upside with risk" side

it doesn't matter if the Eagles like Joeckle the best tough, because the other two are so close it would be really dumb to trade up for him...unless they just lose a late pick or something...but they wouldn't, they would have to give up their 2nd round pick to make that jump, and that is ridiculous in this draft.

I hope the Eagles do that, because I think it would set them back, but I don't see the gap between Joeckle and those others nearly big enough to do it.

^^^ me being SPOT ON as usual

Quote:
First when did Albert get franchised? I thought that was Dwayne Bowe and you could only franchise one player. Correct me if I'm wrong altho I'm gonna google this news anyway.

Second why are you boosting up the combine results so damn much? So all of a sudden when Joeckle was the clear cut best LT in the draft. When many mocks including the site you religiously follow walterfootball has him as the #1 pick. It means nothing now after comebine workouts as 2 guys just emerge as good as him? Stop it. Those two helped their stock no question no argument. They didnt do enough to make anyone question, second guess Joeckle going #1. I agree with Carbine you dont draft potential top 5.

that's right, that is what the combine did...and that is the entire reason they have a combine...did you think that the combine didn't effect anyone's draft status? Stop it.

Todd McShay has earned more of my respect this year...where Kiper is more of a complete joke, McShay is not at all...of all the ESPN "draft guys" out there, McShay is #1 in my book
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #394
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
AKA the only throw Christian Ponder can make.

But seriously, Ponder isn't the worst QB ever but the Vikes aren't going to make any legitimate noise until they get a better QB or Ponder improves A LOT.

People act like Ponder has 2 full seasons under his belt. His rookie campaign was playing the last few games of McNabb's awful time here in Minnesota. Last year was his first year as a bonafide starter and I think he did special things at certain points to push us along into the playoffs.

He will improve.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #395
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

I have to hand it to Minnesota, they totally owned that first round. I love all their picks and the logic behind them.

Floyd is going to be a beast. Xavier was one of my favorite players in the draft, and Patterson has rare size/speed/explosiveness with the ball in his hands.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #396
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
both myself and McShay should get some cred for being of the few that understood Joeckel wasn't a lock for #1 overall...due to the combine

No I just paid attention to the combine and listened to what others were saying like McShay...that was me paying attention and not just looking at random mocks

this statement was false

^^^ me being SPOT ON as usual

that's right, that is what the combine did...and that is the entire reason they have a combine...did you think that the combine didn't effect anyone's draft status? Stop it.

Todd McShay has earned more of my respect this year...where Kiper is more of a complete joke, McShay is not at all...of all the ESPN "draft guys" out there, McShay is #1 in my book

Still feel like Joeckle is a much safer prospect, and thus who I would take. Can't afford a bust, or just "decent" players at #1 overall.

Fisher scares me. This is who he has blocked this year of note:

NO ONE

Literally had to block a bunch of guys that won't be drafted by the NFL.

That worries me.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #397
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
People act like Ponder has 2 full seasons under his belt. His rookie campaign was playing the last few games of McNabb's awful time here in Minnesota. Last year was his first year as a bonafide starter and I think he did special things at certain points to push us along into the playoffs.

He will improve.

His numbers took a significant drop after Percy went down and a ton of the balls he completed to him were screens. It's good to have Patterson as a weapon they can utilize in the screen game but the extent to which Jennings/Ponder connect will be the true driver of Minnesota's success. That division should be fun.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #398
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Still feel like Joeckle is a much safer prospect, and thus who I would take. Can't afford a bust, or just "decent" players at #1 overall.

Fisher scares me. This is who he has blocked this year of note:

NO ONE

Literally had to block a bunch of guys that won't be drafted by the NFL.

That worries me.
Fisher absolutely dominated the Senior Bowl.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #399
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Fisher absolutely dominated the Senior Bowl.

He was very impressive all week at the senior bowl, however put it in perspective - it's a glorified all-star game with no complex designs either way.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #400
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So Todd McShay and you share the same opinion and you feel like you're legitimate now.

"I love McShay he's earned my respect!"

Such a corny person prime is. So lame, predictable. Anyway...
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #401
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Coverage corcerns aside, is tyrann really that much of a risk? He's just a pothead. Most the kids getting drafted smoke weed.
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #402
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

damn solid pick by the Eagles
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #403
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So Todd McShay and you share the same opinion and you feel like you're legitimate now.

"I love McShay he's earned my respect!"

Such a corny person prime is. So lame, predictable. Anyway...
"now"?...I came out of my mother's womb "legitimate"

I feel like HE is more legit now...yes
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #404
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
damn solid pick by the Eagles

I wanted him on the Jets. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! I hope they don't pick Geno.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #405
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I actually knew who he was, good pick I'd say. Was hoping for Honey Bdger, maybe too early?

GOBB if you wanna Dom in up lmk.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: