Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #496
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft Discussion

Teams that had the best draft IMO:

1. St. Louis Rams
2. San Diego Chargers
3. Oakland Raiders
4. Cincinnati Bengals
5. Pittsburgh Steelers

(I also liked the Titans and Giants drafts)

Worst Drafts IMO:

1. Buffalo Bills (I like the Woods pick but otherwise )
2. Dallas Cowboys

The Raiders had an awesome draft, I love the Menelik Watson and Tyler Wilson picks.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #497
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like the Corey Fuller pick for the Lions.

Should help a bit since he's at least fast, while all the other wide outs recover from torn ACLs.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #498
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Bills have signed WR Da'Rick Rogers.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #499
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

I have no idea how Da'Rick Rogers didn't get drafted either. I think he has more pure ability than all but a couple wideouts in this draft.

He must have serious, serious red flags off the field and as a person. I wanted the Colts to grab him for value at the 4th round and beyond.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #500
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
both myself and McShay should get some cred for being of the few that understood Joeckel wasn't a lock for #1 overall...due to the combine

No I just paid attention to the combine and listened to what others were saying like McShay...that was me paying attention and not just looking at random mocks

this statement was false

^^^ me being SPOT ON as usual

that's right, that is what the combine did...and that is the entire reason they have a combine...did you think that the combine didn't effect anyone's draft status? Stop it.

Todd McShay has earned more of my respect this year...where Kiper is more of a complete joke, McShay is not at all...of all the ESPN "draft guys" out there, McShay is #1 in my book
FWIW, I said in January after the Senior Bowl that Eric Fisher was a candidate to go First Overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
So the Senior Bowl has come and gone, and absolutely none of the QB's there separated themselves from the pack and a lot of big name players probably hurt their stock with sub par week of practice.

Denard Robinson played as a WR at the Senior Bowl and was absolutely awful, he was once considered a 2nd-3rd round pick and after this week of practices is considered a 5th or 6th round pick.

Central Michigan LT Eric Fisher had an amazing week and has now catapulted himself into the top 10, possible even being a candidate to go 1st overall.

I also predicted Jarvis Jones slipping to the mid first

Quote:
Who do you guys think will fall in the draft?

Personally, I think Jarvis Jones is going to fall to the mid 1st round. His size 6'2, 241 makes him a tweener. I wouldn't want him at 4-3 end, he likely will end up a 3-4 OLB, but could likely play the 4-3 OLB ALA Von Miller. Who knows, I like him but for some reason I think he's going to slip on draft day.

Also, I don't think Joeckle not getting picked first overall had ANYTHING to do with his combine at all. I think KC just preferred Fisher, but knew that Joeckle was on par with him. To say Joeckle didn't go first overall due to the combine just isn't accurate IMO. And Joeckle didn't even have a bad combine at all.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #501
irondarts

The Texans have signed QB Collin Klein

The Bills have signed QB Jeff Tuel

The Lions have signed QB Alex Carder
Old 04-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #502
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Will someone post the ESPN insider grades for the draft? Also, will rep lots.

Please and thank you!
Anti Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:07 PM   #503
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Will someone post the ESPN insider grades for the draft? Also, will rep lots.

Please and thank you!
Link?

I have insider but can't find the draft grade article
Old 04-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #504
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://espn.go.com/nfl/photos/galler...2013-nfl-draft
Old 04-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #505
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

I don't think that's what I thought it was..
Old 04-28-2013, 12:48 AM   #506
irondarts

The Chiefs have signed QB Tyler Bray.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:17 AM   #507
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Apparently Matt Barkley lost an estimated 10 million by not coming out last year, and slipping to the 4th round this year.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:00 AM   #508
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Apparently Matt Barkley lost an estimated 10 million by not coming out last year, and slipping to the 4th round this year.

just another cautionary tale. people can call it selfish all you want, but if you are projected as a likely top 5 pick and go back to college another year, you're seriously rolling the dice. i guess it's admirable to go back in a way but shit, i will never hate on an athlete for leaving.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #509
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Will someone please post these draft grades? NFL Insider
Old 04-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #510
Johnny Jones
Russel Wilson = GOAT

Johnny Jones has decent reputationJohnny Jones has decent reputation

Quote:
Teams that had the best draft IMO:

1. St. Louis Rams
2. San Diego Chargers
3. Oakland Raiders
4. Cincinnati Bengals
5. Pittsburgh Steelers

(I also liked the Titans and Giants drafts)

Worst Drafts IMO:

1. Buffalo Bills (I like the Woods pick but otherwise )
2. Dallas Cowboys

The Raiders had an awesome draft, I love the Menelik Watson and Tyler Wilson picks.
Arizona had a good draft as well. Minter is a perfect fit (many considered him better than Te'o) and Mathieu has tremoudous upside if he stays out of trouble.

EDIT: Here is what CBS Sports had to say

Quote:
Maybe it's time to pay attention to Arizona. Reason: The Cardinals had a terrific draft with new GM Steve Keim. He gets the best guard in the draft in Jonathan Cooper; a future starter in inside linebacker Kevin Minter; a potential steal in defensive back Tyrann Mathieu; a standup linebacker in Alex Okafor and promising tailbacks in Stepfan Taylor and Andre Ellington. Then he gambles on Texas A&M burner Ryan Swope, who was off some boards because of concussions but who's worth the risk in the sixth round. The Cards haven't been able to run for years, but with the additions of Cooper, Taylor and Ellington they might now.

Last edited by Johnny Jones : 04-28-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Johnny Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: