Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #16
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chris Smoove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I respect what you guys are in to, I just haven't ever been able to see the point or merit to watching NBA 2K commentaries. I like playing NBA 2K, I just don't like watching someone else play it on YouTube while they talk about their fictional careers. It's altogether a strange phenomenon to me.

I think part of what I like about it, is seeing how creative the commentators can get with their particular player. Turn him into a functioning character, add some cool side stories that aren't a part of the game.

Call it a mini soap opera almost with some. But the creativity is what keeps me watching.

Some commentators just show every match they do and say the same stuff over and over, and talk about pretty nothing except the gameplay being shown. I like commentators who can add a spin and new dimension to their videos.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #17
eriX
High School Starter

eriX has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropStep
Dude has a video with tony parker.

Those video game commentary guys on youtube make some serious cash.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pewdiepie

The guy on this channel has made over 3 million in cash at 200k per month and has almost 1 billion views on youtube.

6-16 year olds love watching people play video games.

do you have any source to back that up btw just interested to know if it is true. I know that Psy made like 8mill off youtube alone from gangnam style.

However most of the top youtube channels people like ray william johnson or ***** higga are all still like working or what not and i seriously doubt someone who makes 200k a year would still be working at another job...

Last edited by eriX : 01-01-2013 at 10:59 AM.
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #18
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont think those guys are working bro.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #19
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The bigger Call of Duty commentators do YouTube full-time, such as Hutch, Seananners, xJawz, Wings Of Redemption (who is a dick), Woodysgamertag and plenty more.

Most if not all of the 2K commentators just do it in their spare time and work 9-5 jobs.

No idea if Smoove does it full-time though. He has enough views and subs to be able to if he wanted.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #20
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's all dependent upon the type of ad revenue you get and how many people click ads on your videos. It's pretty much the same way as it is here on ISH.

Even if 200,000 people view your videos, if you aren't getting enough adsense clicks then you won't make much money. But I mean logic denotes that the more people you have watching your stuff then that's the more chances you have of someone clicking your ad. But YouTube money isn't all that great. Some of these guys may be well off but you're not making 6 or even 5 figures on being partnered alone.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #21
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
The bigger Call of Duty commentators do YouTube full-time, such as Hutch, Seananners, xJawz, Wings Of Redemption (who is a dick), Woodysgamertag and plenty more.

Most if not all of the 2K commentators just do it in their spare time and work 9-5 jobs.

No idea if Smoove does it full-time though. He has enough views and subs to be able to if he wanted.

Smoove talked about it once. Saying he would never do youtube full time. He wants a real job, he just graduated college and is looking for a real job. However, he also already has his own house so he must have made a shit load of youtube. He does get six figure views per vid. Wingsofredemption does youtube vids fulltime and makes a living off it and he only gets like 35k views per CoD vid.
TylerOO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #22
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Smoove talked about it once. Saying he would never do youtube full time. He wants a real job, he just graduated college and is looking for a real job. However, he also already has his own house so he must have made a shit load of youtube. He does get six figure views per vid. Wingsofredemption does youtube vids fulltime and makes a living off it and he only gets like 35k views per CoD vid.
I'm not very knowledgeable on this front, but are any commentaries free to make cash even though they are essentially using someone else's content (NBA 2K, COD) as a platform? Is this true for self-made 2K video mixes and whatnot?
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #23
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

Quote:
I'm not very knowledgeable on this front, but are any commentaries free to make cash even though they are essentially using someone else's content (NBA 2K, COD) as a platform? Is this true for self-made 2K video mixes and whatnot?

I am pretty sure you can post any gameplay on youtube. The companies dont take any of your money earned
Old 01-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #24
thebirdman
Kids at the park dunk on me

thebirdman is considered somewhat coolthebirdman is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

i seem to remember hearing that it went like this (bear with vague answer):

-if it's all your own content, you will make money just by someone viewing it.

-if it's using someone elses stuff, a game in this case (don't know all the things that fall into category) then you won't get money for just having it watched, you need to put advertisements on your vids to get paid. whether that means an ad played before your video and/or someone clicking on the add in the top right corner i don't know either.

i watched chicity a lot and on another video blogging site he went into detail about the amount of money he made from youtube and how he made it. one other source of income for him was his youtube videos being bought by television companies etc who want to use his videos. for example, we have a show called 'rude tube' in the uk that just plays youtube videos all the way through.

when he recieved the letter of request from the tv company -possibly via youtube, cant remember- he had the choice to take a flat sum of money and they could then use the video as many times as they liked after that, or he could ask to be paid for every time it was broadcast.
thebirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #25
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebirdman
i seem to remember hearing that it went like this (bear with vague answer):

-if it's all your own content, you will make money just by someone viewing it.

-if it's using someone elses stuff, a game in this case (don't know all the things that fall into category) then you won't get money for just having it watched, you need to put advertisements on your vids to get paid. whether that means an ad played before your video and/or someone clicking on the add in the top right corner i don't know either.

i watched chicity a lot and on another video blogging site he went into detail about the amount of money he made from youtube and how he made it. one other source of income for him was his youtube videos being bought by television companies etc who want to use his videos. for example, we have a show called 'rude tube' in the uk that just plays youtube videos all the way through.

when he recieved the letter of request from the tv company -possibly via youtube, cant remember- he had the choice to take a flat sum of money and they could then use the video as many times as they liked after that, or he could ask to be paid for every time it was broadcast.

I remember a big youtuber, wingsofredemption, saying that YouTube now pays you for the amount of time your video is watched. A video that is 2 minutes long watched by 1,000,000 in full, will make more than a 6 minute video viewed by 100,000 in full.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #26
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll start filming myself while posting on ish and comment on it
Considering how popular this site is that should bring in some serious cash
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #27
Jameerthefear
Elf = GOAT

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah some of the bigger channels make over a million EASY. If you wanna know more about the YT ad cash there was an AMA on reddit.
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...lot_about_the/
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #28
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Yeah, Chris Smoove is awesome.

I also like QJB, Ipodkingcarter and Kspade for 2K videos. QJB has the same phrases, but they never fail to make me laugh.

I don't even play Madden, but I like watching people play it. My favourite Madden commentators are Dukethekilla, WyzaNow and xChaseMoney (Chase is my favourite gaming commentator period, not that well known but funny as hell, would recommend checking him out).
Same. I also like to watch DCoop. I don't watch those Madden commentators but I'll try to check xChaseMoney out.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:33 AM   #29
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

I only like it when he does his laugh. Otherwise I have no reason to watch any of his videos.

I should take a clip of it and use it as a tone for when my idiot basketball friend texts me.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:54 AM   #30
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
pewdiepie is a sad excuse for a human being and the fact that he makes a living off of screaming is silly.
Yeah, I also dislike pewdiepie. To me, he's rather annoying than entertaining. I like his fellow Swedish commentator Robbaz, though. His Skyrim series was the best.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: