Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #16
Legend of Josh
Banned

Default Re: whatever you do, don't ever sell sh!t on ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise#3
I think only new sellers have to wait for 21 days. I've sold loads of stuff on ebay, to be honest I was so happy 'cause I was about to throw most of it out and then on ebay I got like $500 for it. The fees are kinda high though, considering paypal is owned by eBay.

Well, it's a business, not a charity.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #17
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
you clearly don't know whats your doing

... and you clearly don't understand the difference between you're and your. In the future, to avoid being clowned, simply go with "ur" because that way YOU'RE safe no matter what YOUR intention was.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #18
nathanjizzle
Death B4 Disobedience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
... and you clearly don't understand the difference between you're and your. In the future, to avoid being clowned, simply go with "ur" because that way YOU'RE safe no matter what YOUR intention was.

that time of the month for you again?
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #19
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
that time of the month for you again?

Ha! Confusing me with your momz again, I see? If your mother is coming down hard on you for no reason, don't get jelly other InsideHoops posters have normal moms who don't get in their shit like YOURs does, ummmm k?

FYI, it was a joke. Not meant to be taken seriously. Yet, as always, no-sense-of-humor morons come out the woodwork and add their $0.02.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #20
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

well the buyer just left me a positive feedback and actually sounded very happy. still, ebay/paypal looks like their going to hold on to my money for another 2 weeks
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #21
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

I feel yah man! but then I realized it is to protect the buyer which should have some protection purchasing online. I've had great success and some problems on eBay, but that's with any business you get yourself into whatever it is. But from eBay I gotta say the success outweighs the failures or problems by a landslide.

I got into eBay selling when my parents closed their gift shop of 20 yrs. They had all sorts of weird stuff from jewelry, watches, handbags, candles, lighters, pens, vases, lamps.. etc. I sold a lot of it on eBay and did unbelievably well.. it's shocking what you think has no value, someone in another part of the world would pay something ridiculous for.. and by ridiculous I mean something I felt I would just normally throw or give away I'll make like 40-80 bucks on at least.. It might not seem that much but when you sell like 20 of these items they can easily add up to 800+ bucks. Then I started to realize I can do this with other things. So I looked into places going out of business and purchased what ever I can in as much bulk as possible.. That's my semi-success story of becoming a resale/liquidator.. Also I've managed to do this with out even doing a personal business website (which I'm planning to do but eBay has been working so well for me, as well as it being a convenience factor)

I don't want to solicit so I'm going to leave the details out of it but if anyone here is interested in decent watches.. swiss army victorinox, movados, raymond weils, hamiltons... etc. pm me.. Ill send you more detail.

Back to the subject.. Just stick it out dude and don't let one transaction disappoint you.. learn from your mistakes and improve in any way you can. PEACE!
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #22
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Sometimes there are d-bags but you live with it.

One of my best friends pulls in nearly 100K a year selling on Ebay.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:37 AM   #23
flipogb
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
Don't sell to people with no feedback.

this, you can also block international buyers . theres plenty of options to make it easier on yourself and reach the buyers you want
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:27 AM   #24
paperstreet
Serious playground baller

I just had to get my dog surgery and sold some stuff on ebay, and this piece of trash prodded at me asking for more pics, if I'll take less than what it was listed at, how fast shipping would be, etc. Over a dozen messages from this guy. Over a watch.

Only for him to claim he never received item, and open a case on ebay demanding a refund.
He sure shut up quick when I sent him a picture of the delivery confirmation reciept from the post office showing delivery was made. Case dismissed.

Always do the delivery confirmation folks, its worth the $.75
paperstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:32 AM   #25
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Sometimes there are d-bags but you live with it.

One of my best friends pulls in nearly 100K a year selling on Ebay.

Just imagine the possibilities if you branded yourself and marketed as "Goldie Locks" ... "Tranny In Action" ... "To the loaded old pervz West of the Mississippi." You can really pump bidders up, use the Buy It Now option creative and effectively and I bet you could bank a pretty penny (not as pretty as you of course, sweetheart).

Old 01-05-2013, 03:35 AM   #26
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperstreet
I just had to get my dog surgery and sold some stuff on ebay, and this piece of trash prodded at me asking for more pics, if I'll take less than what it was listed at, how fast shipping would be, etc. Over a dozen messages from this guy. Over a watch.

Only for him to claim he never received item, and open a case on ebay demanding a refund.
He sure shut up quick when I sent him a picture of the delivery confirmation reciept from the post office showing delivery was made. Case dismissed.

Always do the delivery confirmation folks, its worth the $.75

It's just damn sickening that people out there of that caliber actually exists. Some people here say I'm a piece of shit, trash or whatever for just being a tomfoolery prick here and there, but perhaps they should get things in perspective, huh?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: