Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-02-2013, 03:11 AM   #1
KyrieTheFuture
College star

Default The Thunder will be unbeatable in 3 years

Say they make no trade this year and keep torontos pick, they get another great youth piece whose probably a center and they're obviously great drafters. If they hit right again the NBA is over
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:19 AM   #2
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Default Re: The Thunder will be unbeatable in 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
Say they make no trade this year and keep torontos pick, they get another great youth piece whose probably a center and they're obviously great drafters. If they hit right again the NBA is over

are they gonna trade Westbrook?
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:24 AM   #3
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

Harden already gone, in about three years I see their owner Bennett finding a way to trade either Ibaka or Westbrook away 'cause the team is costing too much money for him. You know theres no way to win with an owner who refuses to spend money, even the Clippers owner is doing a better job nowadays.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:25 AM   #4
mjokc
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Harden already gone, in about three years I see their owner Bennett finding a way to trade either Ibaka or Westbrook away 'cause the team is costing too much money for him. You know theres no way to win with an owner who refuses to spend money, even the Clippers owner is doing a better job nowadays.

LOL, keep trolling son. The same dude who said that OKC couldn't beat the Spurs in the playoffs. You must have all kinds of free time being a Nets fan.
mjokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:31 AM   #5
livingby3's
Suns Ignite The Future

Quote:
Harden already gone, in about three years I see their owner Bennett finding a way to trade either Ibaka or Westbrook away 'cause the team is costing too much money for him. You know theres no way to win with an owner who refuses to spend money.

Im not sure how true this is, but if it's true then it's going to hurt.
Just as my Suns went from atop the west to a lottery team in less than half a decade. But on the bright side at least Durant is young, he's going to keep the thunder playoff bound for as long as he plays there.
livingby3's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:40 AM   #6
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingby3's
Im not sure how true this is, but if it's true then it's going to hurt.
Just as my Suns went from atop the west to a lottery team in less than half a decade. But on the bright side at least Durant is young, he's going to keep the thunder playoff bound for as long as he plays there.

Yeah, as a Nets fan I am fully aware of this 'cause that idiot Bruce Ratner destroyed the Nets team that went to NBA finals two consecutive times by sending Martin and Kittles away. Since then, we were never again a title contender. Rod Thorn saved his ass by pulling a Carter trade, but still Eastern Conference Semi-finals was as far as we could go with that rosters.

The Suns had a similar situation with Nash, and seriously your team was even more talented than the 01-04 Nets. The owner kept making the team worse, despite the fact that Nash and Stoudemaire were both getting better to keep the team a contender until 08. It sucks whenever your owner makes a move, your team gets worse. Too bad Steve Kerr had to be the scapegoat back then, there wasnt really much he could do.

So If I were a Thunder fan I'd be really scared, with an owner who refuses to improve the team you have no realistic hope at titles. Just look at Hornets ex-owner and Bobcats' owner Michael Jordan, you know the impact of an owner. No matter what a GM you have, he cant do anything if the owner cant be bothered to spend one more dollar than he already does.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:58 AM   #7
insidehoops
Administrator

A bunch of useless argument crap deleted
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:15 AM   #8
KDthunderup
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
A bunch of useless argument crap deleted
so you deleted all the non argumentitive comments?
KDthunderup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:31 AM   #9
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
So If I were a Thunder fan I'd be really scared, with an owner who refuses to improve the team you have no realistic hope at titles. Just look at Hornets ex-owner and Bobcats' owner Michael Jordan, you know the impact of an owner. No matter what a GM you have, he cant do anything if the owner cant be bothered to spend one more dollar than he already does.
While used to it by now, your stupidity and ignorance still never ceases to amaze me.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:07 AM   #10
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
While used to it by now, your stupidity and ignorance still never ceases to amaze me.

Then explain why the Thunder got rid of Harden, a far more superior player to Kevin Martin? Cant think of anything else other than money, Bennett doesnt want to pay.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:16 AM   #11
livingby3's
Suns Ignite The Future

Quote:
Yeah, as a Nets fan I am fully aware of this 'cause that idiot Bruce Ratner destroyed the Nets team that went to NBA finals two consecutive times by sending Martin and Kittles away. Since then, we were never again a title contender. Rod Thorn saved his ass by pulling a Carter trade, but still Eastern Conference Semi-finals was as far as we could go with that rosters.

The Suns had a similar situation with Nash, and seriously your team was even more talented than the 01-04 Nets. The owner kept making the team worse, despite the fact that Nash and Stoudemaire were both getting better to keep the team a contender until 08. It sucks whenever your owner makes a move, your team gets worse. Too bad Steve Kerr had to be the scapegoat back then, there wasnt really much he could do.

I get your point. It's pretty darn sad to see your core goes from Joe Johnson, Marion, Stoudemire to Dudley, Gortat and Brown. Nash's team was worsen each year and he was eventually wasted of of his peak form.
The same might happen for the Thunder if that's what u are saying.
Team of the decade to decay in a few years, would be sad to see it on the thunder.

Nash was in his 30's but Durant is still relatively young. I hope the GM is willing to surround him with the talents he need to win something as he enters his prime. Currently the Harden to Kmart situation is still not obvious enough but who knows what moves they might make, for better or for worse. U are great building through drafts but you are drifting away from lottery each year Durant becomes better. Now the owner has to put in some more dollars if they want to be good.
livingby3's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:25 AM   #12
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Thunder are in amazing shape going forward. They have two young superstars to build around along with a PF who is improving every year offensively who is the best shot blocker in the league. A future lottery pick coming and a quailty scorer off the bench...wether they can keep Martin in the summer who knows.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #13
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingby3's
I get your point. It's pretty darn sad to see your core goes from Joe Johnson, Marion, Stoudemire to Dudley, Gortat and Brown. Nash's team was worsen each year and he was eventually wasted of of his peak form.
The same might happen for the Thunder if that's what u are saying.
Team of the decade to decay in a few years, would be sad to see it on the thunder.

Nash was in his 30's but Durant is still relatively young. I hope the GM is willing to surround him with the talents he need to win something as he enters his prime. Currently the Harden to Kmart situation is still not obvious enough but who knows what moves they might make, for better or for worse. U are great building through drafts but you are drifting away from lottery each year Durant becomes better. Now the owner has to put in some more dollars if they want to be good.

Yeah I feel your pain man. Its only those who have been through this can understand. The Lakers had a great owner Jerry Buss, he aint spending money like crazy but he also aint the type to refuse to spend dollars when his team was contending for titles. It hurts more to tear a champion-caliber team apart than the likes of Hornets and Bobcats.

Thunder fans are so optimistic about their team, but even if Durant is the best player in the world, he cant stop the Thunder owner from making stupid moves that dispatches the team step by step. Once they realize the nature of Bennett it will be already too late, well, its not like there's anything they can do anyway. The nets got a much better owner, its like once in a blue moon chance. So perhaps its a good idea to enjoy this while they can? The honeymoon wont be lasting too long.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:07 AM   #14
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Some teams really blow it by not keeping a team together. I think they could win this year had they paid Harden.
RoseCity07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #15
AngelEyes
Sentenza

If they're able to retain their current players I see no team in the west capable of taking them down in the next 3, 4 years.

Last edited by AngelEyes : 01-02-2013 at 09:39 AM.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: