Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #16
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: what does ISH think about retail associates who dont help

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
id rather be left alone, if i need help i can ask.
This. At some places it gets really annoying to be constantly asked if I need help. Home Depot is the worst.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #17
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
When I was working retail at Abercrombie and Fitch, the manager actually told us to stand around pretending to be busy if we had nothing to do, and only help the customers if they came up and asked. This was some bizarre company policy to try to give retail associates (who at abercrombie and fitch are called 'models' ) an air of mystique.

They told us the way to greet was 'hey' or 'sup'. Not 'Hi' 'hello' or 'how can i help you'

We were only instructed to approach people we were suspicious of shoplifting.

Pretty retarded if you ask me. I hope people stop buying those clothes soon.
@ all of that.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #18
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
@ all of that.
Door greeting was the worst. Every two weeks we would get a new cheesy tagline we had to spam out to everyone who walked in. Last one I remember is 'Hey, did you know our jeans will make you a star?'
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #19
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol OP.. Why didn't you simply ask one of the associates for some help instead of being mute and later complaining online.. If they continue to ignore you then you have a right to be mad.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #20
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

I honestly look at it like I do my waitress. I don't ever want my glass to be empty, but you should never have to ask how im doing without already knowing the answer.

You can tell when someone is looking for assistance, otherwise keep a reasonable distance while still being accessible to a, "excuse me sir!".
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #21
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
lol OP.. Why didn't you simply ask one of the associates for some help instead of being mute and later complaining online.. If they continue to ignore you then you have a right to be mad.

they were busy in their circle jerk, and my blood sugar was low, too lazy to ask
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #22
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
Below the Belt

but a Canadian store called Boysco is also notorious for this

dont get me started on department stores

Those stores are Elitists stores. Along with Aritzia. Funny thing is they wear their jobs like a badge as if it was a medal.

Were you on Robson? I know some peeps at that location
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #23
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I managed in retail for years until just last week.

My tactic was: What are you doing here if you don't feel like customer service is worth your time? That's the one single task every single person in this building is expected to do...help our customers. If they're happy, they come back. If they come back, they buy stuff. They buy stuff, we all have jobs.

You don't have to force it down shoppers' throats, but be proactive with it.

I'd say 75% of the time it worked and for the other 25%, if it fell under my jurisdiction, said person was usually unemployed before long.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #24
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

a middle ground would be nice. one doesn't want to be ignored, but getting bombarded by uptight sales reps as you walk through a store is even worse.

would be nice if managers could give some basic tips for reading body language so a rep could determine whether to walk over and help, or not.

when in doubt, a rep could simply hover for a few moments in the area or look over and nod / smile / give some gesture of recognition. even the most shy, tired customer in the world will have no problem asking for help if they need it at that point.

you'd think this stuff was rocket surgery...

Quote:
Door greeting was the worst. Every two weeks we would get a new cheesy tagline we had to spam out to everyone who walked in. Last one I remember is 'Hey, did you know our jeans will make you a star?'
that's awful. i'd be tempted to reply "then why don't you buy yourself a pair and get yourself out of that job?"
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #25
iamgine

iamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation here

Retail associates who don't help? It's great. I swear they should train retail associates like a slave. Only speak when spoken to. Very annoying retail associates who ask "do you need help finding anything?" "That looks really good on you!" "Hello, how are you today" Well fck all of youse subhuman mothereffer, stop distracting my shopping.

What they should spend their time training is to know where sh!t are. Half the time I ask they don't even know where anything is and then they have to ask another retail associate who is just as retarded as them. Then they resort to "sorry we don't carry that item" or "it seems to be out of stock" Only for me to find it 10 minutes later.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #26
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation here

I honestly don't really care. I get approached a lot "Can I help you?" or something like that Macy's, JCPenny's any store in the mall, you name it. But 90% of the time I just respond with "Nah I'm good, just looking around."

I kinda think it's annoying sometimes. A lot of times I'd rather be left alone, when I actually can't find something, I will ask them on my own.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #27
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
When I was working retail at Abercrombie and Fitch, the manager actually told us to stand around pretending to be busy if we had nothing to do, and only help the customers if they came up and asked. This was some bizarre company policy to try to give retail associates (who at abercrombie and fitch are called 'models' ) an air of mystique.

They told us the way to greet was 'hey' or 'sup'. Not 'Hi' 'hello' or 'how can i help you'

We were only instructed to approach people we were suspicious of shoplifting.

Pretty retarded if you ask me. I hope people stop buying those clothes soon.

Isn't that a gay clothing store? I've never been inside one, but whenever i walk pass them in the mall, there's always large posters on the front of hairless, topless, blond white guys with deep stares in their eye. Kinda freaky.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #28
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
anyways , i was doing some shopping today

went inside a store, looking for a few specific items, browse a little bit with the gf

see 3 sales associates about 15 yards away in a circle joking around and for sure they noticed we were present

not once did they ask me if i needed help

WTF, useless losers circle jerking each other instead of doing their jobs

my gf on the other hand, prefers their approach over the cordial helpful approach, but she's not white washed so her opinion doesn't count

give me your opinion ish
Help yourself, fakkit...you need them to show you what you want to buy?

Me, I like being left alone, if I have a question, I'll hit 'em up, til then, leave me the fvck alone.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #29
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Those stores are Elitists stores. Along with Aritzia. Funny thing is they wear their jobs like a badge as if it was a medal.

Were you on Robson? I know some peeps at that location

yeah it was Robson

I just dont understand the retail approach of letting the customers finding everything for themself

I mean at least ask what specific things I'm looking for so they can direct me to the correct section
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: