Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-02-2013, 01:30 AM   #1
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

Default Clippers' Opponents During Their Streak Have a Combined Record of 164-234

From Reddit user "I_AM_LARS"

Quote:
Clippers' Opponents During Their Streak Have a Combined Record of 164-234 (or .412, good for 10th in the East)

Their opponent with the best record is Chicago, 3 games over .500 in the Eastern Conference
They have played 5 current playoff teams (Chi, Mil, Den, Min, Bos), the 5, 6, & 8 seeds in the East and the 7 & 8 seeds in the West
Their opponents on the second night of back-to-backs have been Toronto, Charlotte, and Utah

The streak is impressive because it shows that the Clippers can consistently beat teams that they should beat, but these 17 games have been an absolute cakewalk of a schedule. They played 4 current playoff teams in December, but the other 4 months that are fully within the season have them playing 10, 9, 6, and 8 current playoff teams.

Not hating, just the FACTS sons.

NOW DROWN ME IN A SEA OF DOWNVOTES, YOUR HATRED FEEDS MY SOUL

Not hating, just interesting.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #2
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

Default Re: Clippers' Opponents During Their Streak Have a Combined Record of 164-234

I don't think anybody is mistaking the clippers for the best team in the league. Calm down
TheMarkMadsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:38 AM   #3
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

Default Re: Clippers' Opponents During Their Streak Have a Combined Record of 164-234

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
I don't think anybody is mistaking the clippers for the best team in the league. Calm down

Calm down? What your issue champ? Clippers are playing the best in the league so far, and their record shows that.

EDIT: Hadn't seen the score from the Denver game today, OKC now have top seed.

Last edited by maybeshewill13 : 01-02-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #4
noob cake
College star

We all know Clippers are fool's gold.

I don't even care if they go 82-0. That franchise is not winning shit in my lifetime.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 AM   #5
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

I'm a Clippers fan and I know that their record is somewhat misleading. To be fair tho, they have beat some good teams and have completely destroyed many, not even the best teams dominate as much as they have. Today's game was somewhat of a fluke since they couldn't make anything. They were getting many many good looks, but they simply weren't falling, and getting beat on the boards doesn't help either.

I do see the Clips going deep in the post season but eventually lose due to their weak post game. Blake's numbers are nice and all, but he still isn't a consistent low post work horse, and while Jordan has improved, he's not somebody that you can go to consistently in the post. They're also a trigger happy team that simply jacks up too many jumpers (wellů. almost every team does).

Clippers won't win unless they get a good low post scorer.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:06 AM   #6
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

The ability to beat weak teams is vital for a good team to have a supreme record. Sure they have played crappy teams lately, but you apparently have forgotten that earlier in the season they had a tough schedule and managed to go 5-0 against contenders.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 AM   #7
Darius
Good college starter

Eh, it's common knowledge that Clippers streak was against sub-par opponents mostly.

Still difficult to string 17 in a row together.
Darius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:11 AM   #8
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
Eh, it's common knowledge that Clippers streak was against sub-par opponents mostly.

Still difficult to string 17 in a row together.

This.

When the Rockets won 22 in a row, it was mostly against shitty teams. Regardless, these are still NBA talented teams who can beat anyone any given night. It's ridiculous to discredit any long winning streak since it takes a lot of poise to keep yourself competing every night.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:20 AM   #9
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I sorta pointed this out the other day, but the opposite. They just went through a 17 game stretch where they avoided all of: OKC, Spurs, Grizzlies, Heat, and the Knicks. And I guess if you really want to include them, the Warriors, although the Lakers have no business in even kinda sorta being mentioned in the same breath as those other teas. But those six teams (counting the Warriors) are really the only other elite or borderline elite teams in the league and the Clippers got through an entire month of the season without having to play any of them.

Still, a 17-game win streak is pretty damn impressive regardless of the competition. Winning 17 games in a row against other NBA competition is no small feat.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:22 AM   #10
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
The ability to beat weak teams is vital for a good team to have a supreme record. Sure they have played crappy teams lately, but you apparently have forgotten that earlier in the season they had a tough schedule and managed to go 5-0 against contenders.

I didn't mention anything about my opinion. Why so salty? Is it because you're constantly embarrassing yourself?
Old 01-02-2013, 02:28 AM   #11
mjokc
Local High School Star

Regardless of the opponent, it's hard to string together a 17 win streak. Props to the Clippers for staying focused enough to do it.
mjokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:30 AM   #12
B-hoop
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I sorta pointed this out the other day, but the opposite. They just went through a 17 game stretch where they avoided all of: OKC, Spurs, Grizzlies, Heat, and the Knicks. And I guess if you really want to include them, the Warriors, although the Lakers have no business in even kinda sorta being mentioned in the same breath as those other teas. But those six teams (counting the Warriors) are really the only other elite or borderline elite teams in the league and the Clippers got through an entire month of the season without having to play any of them.

Still, a 17-game win streak is pretty damn impressive regardless of the competition. Winning 17 games in a row against other NBA competition is no small feat.

Please post the Clippers record against those elite teams

Yea that's right, they only lost one game
B-hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:55 AM   #13
thesage
I airball my layups

The Clippers have beaten the Heat, Grizzlies, and the Spurs twice. Please don't say they only win against shitty teams
thesage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:57 AM   #14
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
I didn't mention anything about my opinion. Why so salty? Is it because you're constantly embarrassing yourself?

Nope, its embarrassing to rate an 8th best PG in the league as top 3 though.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:07 AM   #15
PyrrhusX
GOATbrook >>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Nope, its embarrassing to rate an 8th best PG in the league as top 3 though.

OKC >>> nets
PyrrhusX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: