Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #31
shlver
코비=GOAT
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,255
Default Re: This video kind of f*cked me up and changed my worldview a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
I'm not even trying to find approval. Due to our habits of seeing the world and going through our entire lives learning a sh*tty kind of physics in school that has absolutely nothing to do with the world, it is simply impossible to understand these concepts overnight because most of us have been pretty much brainwashed to believe in a material world since at birth.

I lists those philosophers because you have to read them all to truly understand why our material perception is wrong. For someone to just come out and say this is pseudo is ignoring thousands of years of research that comes to the same conclusion; it is a legit premise and not something someone just pulled out of their a*s and create a video about.
Why do you have to read all those philosophers' works to truly understand our subjective experience is not a perfect representation of objective reality?
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #32
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King
 
OhNoTimNoSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,366
Default Re: This video kind of f*cked me up and changed my worldview a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
I'm not even trying to find approval. Due to our habits of seeing the world and going through our entire lives learning a sh*tty kind of physics in school that has absolutely nothing to do with the world, it is simply impossible to understand these concepts overnight because most of us have been pretty much brainwashed to believe in a material world since at birth.

I lists those philosophers because you have to read them all to truly understand why our material perception is wrong. For someone to just come out and say this is pseudo is ignoring thousands of years of research that comes to the same conclusion; it is a legit premise and not something someone just pulled out of their a*s and create a video about.
Not sure why you keep defending a video clearly made to appeal to the lowest common denominator. You seem like an intelligent dude, but what you're arguing is semantics of logic. No one is directly disagreeing with you about what you're saying, the video itself uses solid facts and ideas, it just presents them in this retarted way that Joe Schmo in Alabama can be like OH WOW THATS SO COOL. Relax, take a step back.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #33
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year
 
miller-time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,828
Default Re: This video kind of f*cked me up and changed my worldview a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
Not sure why you keep defending a video clearly made to appeal to the lowest common denominator. You seem like an intelligent dude, but what you're arguing is semantics of logic. No one is directly disagreeing with you about what you're saying, the video itself uses solid facts and ideas, it just presents them in this retarted way that Joe Schmo in Alabama can be like OH WOW THATS SO COOL. Relax, take a step back.

Some of it does. And some of it is just conspiracy speculation (watch until the end they start talking about fluoride and other additives being given to us for some anti-spiritual agenda).
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #34
Math2
Local High School Star
 
Math2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,093
Default Re: This video kind of f*cked me up and changed my worldview a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
It is a fact reality is a construction of the brain.

Kant gave a great example for noobs to truly grasp the concept: you have 5 instruments you use to view the reality you live in.

If you lose one of the instrument (for example vision) then your reality is limited to only 4 senses and you do not experience the reality we know it since you do not have the apparatus to do so.

This is because your brain uses light to create an image that you see, but without that eye, you cannot create the image, thus the reality you experience is very different from what everyone else experiences.

It is your brain that constructs that image (very similar to how it constructs a dream) and all the other 4 senses you have is also the construction of the mind.

Without the eye, then reality is just light, energy, photons, etc. but the "apparatus" (eye, ear, smell, touch, taste) is what creates matter and reality. Without the brain, reality does not exist. Period. Hence why they refer to it as an "illusion." You think it is real, but it is not really real: it is only the construction of your mind similar to how you construct a reality in your dreams.

Bullshit. Nothing exists except energy, or photons, and light? Yeah right.
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #35
Mach_3
Good High School Starter
 
Mach_3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 904
Default Re: This video kind of f*cked me up and changed my worldview a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
This just means you're stupid and can't fully grasp the concepts in the video. Sorry to break it to you.


Your girl must not be giving you none huh





Edit: Oh and like everyone else has been telling you in this thread, this video doesn't prove a damn thing

Last edited by Mach_3 : 01-03-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #36
MetsPackers
new based god
 
MetsPackers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,794
Default Re: This video kind of f*cked me up and changed my worldview a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
This viewpoint is childish and lacks a philosophical foundation. These ideas have been expounded upon, debated, and pretty much held in high regard in the intellectual world from Berkeley, Hume, Hegel, and then to Kant.

It is nothing new; great thinkers have known this for years ever since Descartes utter the famous words, "I think therefore I am."

It is not that these concepts are "wrong" per se but more like your lack of understanding is completely atrocious and not worthy of serious consideration.

Stop being such a troll and let the intellectuals debate on a concept they are clearly more open to accept. F*ckin' hoodlum. Go back to your comic books and debate on whether or not wonder woman has bigger t*ts than cat woman.

All I gotta say is WOW

As someone who's double major is philosophy I am fully qualified to tell you that you're a fvcking idiot and don't even understand fundamental philosophical logic enough to actually be talking here.

And really nice arrogant first post coming from one of the more renowned retards of the OTC; kudos
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #37
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: This video kind of f*cked me up and changed my worldview a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers
All I gotta say is WOW

As someone who's double major is philosophy I am fully qualified to tell you that you're a fvcking idiot and don't even understand fundamental philosophical logic enough to actually be talking here.

And really nice arrogant first post coming from one of the more renowned retards of the OTC; kudos

The problem is you major in Philosophy. Philosophy should never be a major. It is the pursuit of wisdom: those who pursue it have to love it or it is worthless and people who pursue it through education aren't doing it for love.

You can't gain wisdom through education. Period.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #38
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: This video kind of f*cked me up and changed my worldview a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
Bullshit. Nothing exists except energy, or photons, and light? Yeah right.

Yup.

That is exactly what I am saying. The world consist of nothing more than energy, light, vibrations, and photons.

It is your mind that creates matter. It is your mind that creates music. It is your mind that creates taste. It is your mind that creates feelings.

This is why reality changes when you are sick, feeling good, sad, high off your ass, etc. Reality changes based on the perception your mind produces.

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 01-03-2013 at 09:12 PM.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #39
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King
 
OhNoTimNoSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,366
Default Re: This video kind of f*cked me up and changed my worldview a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
You can't gain wisdom through education. Period.
... can't?
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #40
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: This video kind of f*cked me up and changed my worldview a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
Why do you have to read all those philosophers' works to truly understand our subjective experience is not a perfect representation of objective reality?

You have to read Descartes to understand his deductive method to arrive at one conclusion he simply cannot argue against: I think therefore I am.

Then after that, you have to read Berkeley to understand why he destroyed matter with this concept.

Then you have to move on to Hume who disregards matter and everything along with it.

Then Kant who said yes there is a reality apart from us, but it is nothing more than energy, light, photons, etc. and it is our mind that actively creates the material world (5 senses).

Don't forget, you've been brainwashed by a sh*tty education to believe in a material world that has nothing to do with reality. It is going to take another 5 years of hardcore reading to change that concept imbedded in your mind. Start learning.

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 01-03-2013 at 09:20 PM.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #41
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: This video kind of f*cked me up and changed my worldview a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
... can't?

There is a difference between education and wisdom. Wisdom requires experience of life and a love for learning.

Education only requires memorizing insignificant facts and repeating it on a test.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #42
MetsPackers
new based god
 
MetsPackers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,794
Default Re: This video kind of f*cked me up and changed my worldview a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
The problem is you major in Philosophy. Philosophy should never be a major. It is the pursuit of wisdom: those who pursue it have to love it or it is worthless and people who pursue it through education aren't doing it for love.

You can't gain wisdom through education. Period.

You know, i've noticed over the last few years that the trademark believe of all ignorant pseudo-intellectual elitists is that they think any form of "outside the box" thinking has philosophical value. This is not true in any way. Anybody can take an abstract idea and run with it and try to apply it to the real world; this yields no true intellectual reward; but instead provides the idiots I speak of with a feeling of superiority.

So the fact that I actually study something is a problem? LOL, my approach is incorrect? I think you have it backwards, guy. Here's a hint too; if you say something and everybody calls you an idiot, they're probably right. I also find that people with true knowledge and intellectual thirst don't feel the need to belittle others simply for not knowing what they know. It's like you think knowledge is an exclusive club, when it comes in many forms and ideas. You however, are the opposite: very closed minded, immediately rejecting any opinion that is not consistent with your own and unable to see your own flaws. This kind of naivety is another trademark of the uninformed pseudo-intellectual.

But I shouldn't even bother, I mean, it's not like I study it on a higher level than you anything And actually study at thay
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #43
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: This video kind of f*cked me up and changed my worldview a bit.

Inactive:

"Without reality, the brain does not exist. Period."

I am talking about human consciousness. Reality itself is nothing more than photons, energy, vibrations, strings, etc. It is the human brain that creates the reality we see and experience. The proof is simply looking at the galaxies and seeing it as nothing more than bundles of energy and light. There has to be some sort of mathematical "program" that instructs the brain to use the light and energy to create this reality. This is why all laws in physics can be explain through mathematics, thus this reality (human consciousness) cannot exist without the brain otherwise it will just be a bundle of energy like you see in some planets and the stars you look up at night.

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 01-03-2013 at 09:40 PM.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #44
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: This video kind of f*cked me up and changed my worldview a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers

But I shouldn't even bother, I mean, it's not like I study it on a higher level than you anything And actually study at thay

This I can't argue with.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #45
daily
cereal killah
 
daily's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,587
Default Re: This video kind of f*cked me up and changed my worldview a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
There is a difference between education and wisdom. Wisdom requires experience of life and a love for learning.

Education only requires memorizing insignificant facts and repeating it on a test.

You're defining education as something only available at school

Wisdom comes from a collection of many places only one of them being life experience which BTW is another form of education.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy