Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #91
Mr Know It All
Local High School Star

Default Re: This video kind of f*cked me up and changed my worldview a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
Pretty much. It is just pseudo-intellectual masturbation. All they are doing is taking the fact that our sensory perception of the universe is only a rough and removed approximation and saying that reality is just an illusion altogether, then they throw in some eastern religious ideas and they are home and hosed for guys like IamRambo to lap it up.

Bang on.

There's nothing worse than being at a party and some stoner walks up and starts blurting this shit out of his mouth. It's just another way people like to feel enlightened, and by spewing this stuff its a way to puff up their own ego.
Mr Know It All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #92
ace23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive
If you're so convinced that there isn't, try jumping off a ledge with your eyes closed, and see if matter ceases to exist (disclaimer: don't)

He's still using his senses if he feels that though.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:07 AM   #93
Raymone
The Chosen King

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
I guess you have to be a bit smart and a deeper thinker and not like those people who are always denying this and that and saying this can't be true and blah blah and a bit slow ...

Anyways .. truely mind boggling stuff if you grasp the concepts in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuANDlrTHyI

Boggles the mind. Truely.
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:18 AM   #94
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

Kolby will never be as great as LBJ. He's got some kind of genetic defect making him susceptible to injuries whereas LBJ is bigboned and healthy as an ox
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:38 AM   #95
Theoo
maimi heat fan sinc'89

help
Theoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:57 PM   #96
Bosnian Sajo
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers
No, YOU do not understand what philosophy is about so i will attempt to now breakdown the difference between this bullshyt and true philosophy.

Ex of philosophy: the concept of AUM in an eastern religion (i forget which one) which seeks to explain the three forms of human consciousness and how combined they represent the human interpretation of of God together. Why is this philosophy? Because it seeks to materialize an abstract concept through a theoretical represntation of human consciousness, and to rationalize the concept of a different plane on which God can exist outside of ours. That is just a very brief overview

Now

Ex of Not philosophy: trying to justify that aliens run the universe simply by toying with the definition of perception to essentially say that anything you believe can be consider r, which even you woul ot agre with. Why is it not philosophy? Because it has no literal context, and does not seek to explain anything, but is simply an expansion of you imagination. Congrats, you are creative!

I had to write this one on my phone caus eim out getting weed but when i get back ll explain it further if you still dont get it

I like this guy.

OP is funny af, trying to tell a guy who majored in Philosophy that he doesn't really know what philosophy is..
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: