Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #16
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Lettuce be real, George Karl is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Sounds like Doc Rivers to me. I haven't seen the guy draw up a last second play in 2 years. I haven't seen him make real in game adjustments since before the 2010 finals. The team defense is worse and worse every season.
Doc Rivers was brilliant in the 2008 Finals. That was the only time I can recall that PJax was completely outcoached.

What is Karl's signature coaching moment? I can't think of any.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #17
dgaras
I hit open 5-footers

dgaras has not been impressing people

most overrated coach in the league
very dumb rotations not giving key guys minutes.
dgaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #18
MiseryCityTexas
National High School Star

MiseryCityTexas has decent reputationMiseryCityTexas has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
Actually, I think he is very overrated coach.

Karl is very overrated. He didn't do nothing but single handedly coach a forgetten franchise to the nba finals.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #19
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
Karl is very overrated. He didn't do nothing but single handedly coach a forgetten franchise to the nba finals.

That team was all about Kemp and Payton.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #20
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf

That team was all about Kemp and Payton.

this is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard.

EVEN IF a team got to the finals based on the exploits of just two players, you still play 5 on 5 and you would need exceptional coaching to be able to get past the teams they did. They beat SAC, Houston and Utah with just two players I guess?

Second, this team was FAR from just Kemp and Payton, you clearly dont know what you are talking about. Detlef Schrempf, Sam Perkins, Hersey Hawkins are hardly nobodies. They were also one of the best defensive teams in the league that year. I guess Kemp and Payton defended all 5 players on the other team as well huh?

moron
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #21
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Doc Rivers was brilliant in the 2008 Finals. That was the only time I can recall that PJax was completely outcoached.

Brilliant is a stretch, better than average is more like it. The Celtics just wanted it more and were the better team that year.

Karl brought the Sonics to the finals in 96. They defeated the 2 time defending champ Rockets, the Jazz who won the west the next two seasons, and took two games from the 96 Bulls.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #22
Shepseskaf
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
this is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard.

EVEN IF a team got to the finals based on the exploits of just two players, you still play 5 on 5 and you would need exceptional coaching to be able to get past the teams they did. They beat SAC, Houston and Utah with just two players I guess?

Second, this team was FAR from just Kemp and Payton, you clearly dont know what you are talking about. Detlef Schrempf, Sam Perkins, Hersey Hawkins are hardly nobodies. They were also one of the best defensive teams in the league that year. I guess Kemp and Payton defended all 5 players on the other team as well huh?

moron
If you can climb down from your little soapbox and unbunch your panties, notice that the thread is focused on George Karl and the question of how good he is as a coach.

My point was that the Seattle team which made the Finals was all about the players, not about Karl or his coaching. Kemp and Payton were the leaders, but I'm well aware that there were many other solid contributors.

Moron.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #23
Shepseskaf
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Brilliant is a stretch, better than average is more like it. The Celtics just wanted it more and were the better team that year.

Karl brought the Sonics to the finals in 96. They defeated the 2 time defending champ Rockets, the Jazz who won the west the next two seasons, and took two games from the 96 Bulls.
The job that Doc did in 2008 was one of the best preparation and motivational coaching examples that I've ever witnessed. Remember that he was going up against the Zen master/ringmaster PJax, and that just about everyone gave Phil the big edge in that matchup before the series started.

Well, Doc won it handily, and the accomplishment deserves a lot more than being called "better than average".

As stated in another reply, that Sonics Finals trip was much more about the players than about Karl.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #24
schism206
Serious playground baller

schism206 has not been impressing people

Quote:
I'd say he was outcoached by Carlisle vs the Mav's when they won it.
schism206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #25
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

George Karl is a good coach
McGee is an idiot
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #26
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Karl played a role in the Sonics trip to the finals, but that team was very very good. An all time pg on both ends, and a pf that at his peak was a truly elite player, plus good role players. IMO it wasn't a surprise at all they got there, I would've give him more credit if he could've pulled it off vs Phil.

He also played a big role in coaching them to the 1 seed in 94 and losing to the 8th seed. Highly overrated coach.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #27
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Quote:

PJax was outcoached by Larry Brown and Rick Carlisle too. That was not the only time that fool got exposed.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: