Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-02-2013, 06:47 AM   #1
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Why doesn't Mozgov play?

I've watched quite a few Nuggz games this year, and the dude never gets in the game. He was starting the majority of the last two seasons.

He's at least as good as Koufos, so what the hell? Does Karl just not like him or something?
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why doesn't Mozgov play?

Im wondering the same thing too.

I like the kid, he's got great size, a decent touch, and is a solid defender. He has a higher upside than Koufos as well. Koufos has played well, but i think Mozgov deserves a chance to prove he can step up as a rotation player as well.
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
bigt
High school junior varsity star

bigt has decent reputation

I haven't seen a lot of Nugget games myself, so this is more speculation than anything, but I can only guess George Karl sees more in Kosta, or feels he suits the team better. I too think Mozgov deserves more playtime, but between those two, McGee and Faried, it's a stacked front-court without being truly great (like say Memphis)

Could be useful in a trade, but the Nuggets have pretty good pieces across the board without having truly great ones. A straight trade with him would likely end up being sideways unless they blew up the team strategy/identity and trade multiple pieces for a star somehow (kinda like the reverse to their Melo trade)

A Nuggets fan should be able to reveal more
bigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
TyLawson3
omg pennies

TyLawson3 has an OK reputation so far

I'm not much for the technicalities of basketball but what I've noticed in the few years I've been watching the Nuggets is that you pretty much know what you're getting with Koufos, a solid defender/shot blocker that doesn't make too many mistakes. Mozgov on the other hand is much more inconsistent, IE last night against the Clippers was his best game this season by a wide margin. The last time he came in he had a few TOs and PFs in just a short amount of minutes and was pulled right back.

It is a good situation that Karl has in having a bench that is over ally very consistent. But when you have three 7-footers it's hard deciding who gets the minutes. Mozgov, this season, has been the odd man out. (although that Mozgov/Koufos combination last night was quite interesting)

Now, I'm pretty sure that one handed alley-oop shocked Nuggets fans everywhere. He usually is a high energy guy but no one expected that. I guess when you have Andre Miller lobbing passes EVERYONE can get involved.
TyLawson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

trying to keep his value low since hey need to resign him on the pennies cus they psyched him into believing he sucks but he will realize he doesnt after his cheap contract
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
Im wondering the same thing too.

I like the kid, he's got great size, a decent touch, and is a solid defender. He has a higher upside than Koufos as well. Koufos has played well, but i think Mozgov deserves a chance to prove he can step up as a rotation player as well.

He's 3 years older. How does he have more upside than Koufos who's getting his first real chance to play since Sloan decided the stiff Fessenko deserved to play ahead of him. Looks like Mosgov is a better offensive rebounder(Nuggets lead the lead so they don't really need him for that) and FT shooter(might prefer him in at the end of games where you are leading) but other than that not sure why he should play over the more well rounded Koufos.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
He's 3 years older. How does he have more upside than Koufos who's getting his first real chance to play since Sloan decided the stiff Fessenko deserved to play ahead of him. Looks like Mosgov is a better offensive rebounder(Nuggets lead the lead so they don't really need him for that) and FT shooter(might prefer him in at the end of games where you are leading) but other than that not sure why he should play over the more well rounded Koufos.

Idk, its based on my own observations.

Mozgov has a more polished offensive game, i could see him developing into a 12/8 kind of player, and i cant see Koufos being anything more than a roleplayer that plays 20mpg (basically he has reached his peak).
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #8
Chapallaz
Banned

Chapallaz has decent reputationChapallaz has decent reputation

Koufos plays much better defense than Mozgov. He does EXACTLY what's been asked. Nothing more, nothing less. No dumb plays, no fancy moves on O.
Chapallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

TaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He could be a good back up to many teams.
TaLvsCuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #10
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
Idk, its based on my own observations.

Mozgov has a more polished offensive game, i could see him developing into a 12/8 kind of player, and i cant see Koufos being anything more than a roleplayer that plays 20mpg (basically he has reached his peak).

Koufos is much more productive and efficient at the offensive end(other than the FT line and on the offensive glass). Acually looking at his past offensive rebounding numbers playing alongside Faried probably has more to do with his current numbers(which aren't bad) than anything else. He's continued to improve and at almost 24 I doubt he's peaked.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I think Mozgov is more talented. Koufos, as someone already said, is more consistent...even being younger, you know what you'll get from him.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #12
kurple
NBA All-star

kurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation here

because mcgee and kosta is better

trade Mozgov and Chandler for a shooter
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #13
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple

Marcus Thornton?
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #14
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple

this
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #15
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

Mozgov is a beast, but he's also an incredible foul machine. This guy has never been anything but a limited minutes player on pretty much all the clubs he played on, at every level.

Last edited by Euroleague : 01-02-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: