Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #166
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: "Rape Crew" in small town Ohio

I hope the coach gets nailed after the grand jury investigation:

A few of Mr. Mays’s texts described by Ms. Gibb suggested that Mr. Mays believed that his football coach, Reno Saccoccia, would protect him.

“I got Reno to take care of it,” Mr. Mays texted at one point. He added in another text, referring to the coach, that “I feel like he took care of it” and that “he was joking about it so I’m not that worried.”

If he knew this happened and didn't immediately report it to the police, he deserves to get reamed.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #167
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
And you've always done everything your parents told you? Even though you tried to soften the statement, you're blaming the victim here.

No, but I've always had the sense to not do drugs or go get drunk somewhere anyway. But that's besides the point. Even if she didn't get raped or rather "digitally penetrated" I would say she didn't do herself any favors for putting herself in those circumstances (getting drunk around a bunch of other people).
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #168
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
I agree that girls need to be smarter about the situations that they put themselves in, but bolded also applies to the boys in the situation. They should be smarter than to do this type of stupid sh!t that will affect screw their future. I'm pretty sure their parents didn't tell them it was cool **** around with a passed out chick.

Totally agree. I know for some guys "No" or no response at all can mean "yes" but you have to have more sense than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
As already stated above by Kevin, this is a form of victim blaming. By this thinking, you are essentially saying that women should not drink because they can potentially be raped, and if they do drink they should know there are potential "rape consequences." Might as well say that women shouldn't go jogging on a park trail because there have been multiple incidents of sexual assault at public parks, therefore women who went jogging should know that jogging has the "potential consequences" of sexual assault.

Well I think there's a significant difference as far as known risk when going to a party to get drunk as hell vs. going out for a brisk run. But I'm not saying they can't do those things. It's up to them what they do with their lives. All I'm saying is you should minimize your risk if possible. As I alluded to earlier, I understand that I don't know what it's like to have to live with the constant fear of a dude jumping out of the bushes and trying to rape you, and having to live with that for the rest of your life. That's why I sympathize with the girl when I say those dudes are totally wrong for whatever they did.

Let me try to explain my position with an analogy: If you left your front door unlocked at night, and someone broke in, I would totally say they are wrong for breaking in your house. But I would also say "Hey, next time maybe you shouldn't leave your door unlocked or get a guard dog when you leave it unlocked since there are people out here like this."
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #169
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Appreciate hearing the other side of the story RBA. When I first heard about this I jumped to the same conclusion as a lot of people, clearly there's more to it then what's being reported though.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #170
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Great statement from Gawker:

For readers interested in learning more about how not to be labeled as registered sex offenders, a good first step is not to rape unconscious women, no matter how good your grades are. Regardless of the strength of your GPA (weighted or unweighted), if you commit rape, there is a possibility you may someday be convicted of a sex crime. This is because of your decision to commit a sex crime instead of going for a walk, or reading a book by Cormac McCarthy. Your ability to perform calculus or play football is generally not taken into consideration in a court of law. Should you prefer to be known as "Good student and excellent football player Trent Mays" rather than "Convicted sex offender Trent Mays," try stressing the studying and tackling and giving the sex crimes a miss altogether.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #171
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Have you all never hooked up with a drunk chick who had no recollection of it the next day? Rape?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #172
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Have you all never hooked up with a drunk chick who had no recollection of it the next day? Rape?
Yeah, you committed rape. Good thing they didn't turn your rapist ass in.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #173
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23

Could be rape if she decides it is...

Men have got to understand that they need to be careful when dealing with females. Females have the power to throw you under the bus if you are out there being reckless in how you behave

You dont hit passed out chicks. Thats rule number 1. If she is passed out? just let her sleep it off. get at her tomorrow.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #174
PrettyCool
Banned

PrettyCool has no real reputation yet.

Open and shut small town under aged alcohol consumption and sexual abuse along some cyber bullying. Cliché, but still terrible. This becoming a national story because of some computer nerds makes it 10 times worse for the victim. The father did the right thing by making her go to the authorities, but damn, this must have been the girls worst nightmare.

I don't know how "anonymous" lives this down unless they don't want too and this was all just a big troll of the town, national media, and people who thought they were internet vigilantes. More likely, they actually thought they were digging something serious up. They aren't internet wizards who can go anywhere and see anything. They're a bunch of jobless no-life pen pals who just spend all day scouring the internet.

The real internet/hacking wizards are genius's from MIT that work for the government and create viruses that that can shut down Iranian Nuke facility's for months. Not guys who live with their parents, are socially isolated, and spend all day drinking mountain dew.
PrettyCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #175
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

All three cable networks ran unedited footage aired the apology of one of the defendants and in doing so.

1. Released a rape victim's name.
2. Released a teenage rape victim's name.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0....html?ir=Media
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #176
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I didn't catch her name, and no one else seems to know what it is either.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #177
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I knew Rape Crew was guilty and it's time to punish the town. I hope they put the coach and the sheriff up on blast.

It's time to rid this country of these small towns that let their kids get away with things like rape and gambling.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #178
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
I hope the coach gets nailed after the grand jury investigation:

A few of Mr. Mays’s texts described by Ms. Gibb suggested that Mr. Mays believed that his football coach, Reno Saccoccia, would protect him.

“I got Reno to take care of it,” Mr. Mays texted at one point. He added in another text, referring to the coach, that “I feel like he took care of it” and that “he was joking about it so I’m not that worried.”

If he knew this happened and didn't immediately report it to the police, he deserves to get reamed.

Yeah that part is pretty disturbing if true. The kid could have just been talking shit but man if the coach didn't report this wow.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #179
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Now that we have all the facts and the courts have determined this crew is guilty, it's time to get the coach.

The coach had to know about this since the players were at various coaches' homes and drinking and party with their coaches.

What kind of coaches party with their players whom are underaged. Heck, college coaches don't even party with their players and they are old enough to drink. Perhaps, the coaches were buying the players drinks.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #180
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Now that we have all the facts and the courts have determined this crew is guilty, it's time to get the coach.

The coach had to know about this since the players were at various coaches' homes and drinking and party with their coaches.

What kind of coaches party with their players whom are underaged. Heck, college coaches don't even party with their players and they are old enough to drink. Perhaps, the coaches were buying the players drinks.

Well to be fair it's a small town and this is not uncommon for adults to know about kids drinking. I didn't read anywhere that the coach was partying with the kids, but if he knew anything about this he needs to get nailed to the wall.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: