Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #196
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Rape Crew" in small town Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Actually, "the coach" is in no trouble whatsoever, according to the signs I'm seeing quite visible on the wall. He was mentioned during the trial two times. Once in a text message from the defendant to friend and another time by Jane Doe (the victim), who said the defendant (Trent Mays) told him that the coach was alerted as to possible allegations by the police at some point just prior to the arrests.

Those are the two instances in which the coach was mentioned during a trial with mountains and mountains of evidence, and neither was anything close to definitive evidence of any involvement or prior knowledge of a crime.

In an interview with the county prosecutor done today, she touched on the text message involving the coach and it was pretty clear from her reaction that people need to let this play out.

http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/web-e...on-co-p/nWwpR/

It is as though people want there to be something more than there is so badly, they're willing to take any tiny scrap of anything and run with it. There is so much contrived nonsense that has already been proven to be erroneous, you'd think people would think twice about going all-in on the next big conspiracy in this case.

Could it be that a couple of kids just took advantage of an incapacitated teenage girl without city officials, police, the prosecutor or the coaches having any involvement?

You are obviously completely and utterly biased. Anyway, there are at least a few reports that he knew about this without reporting it to the authorities. Furthermore, his responses to inquiries are highly defensive.

Guy's job could definitely be on the line for not reporting a rape committed by his players.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #197
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board

Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #198
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
Damn that sucks for the girl. All of these kids slipped, being stupid enough to put this shit online is going to haunt them for a damn long time.

This sums everything up.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #199
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I'm glad the Feds are going after the head coach and the town's sheriff.

What about that bar that serves kids alcohol and it's a gambling ring?
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #200
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
You are obviously completely and utterly biased. Anyway, there are at least a few reports that he knew about this without reporting it to the authorities. Furthermore, his responses to inquiries are highly defensive.

Guy's job could definitely be on the line for not reporting a rape committed by his players.
I said I wasn't impartial in a post just before the one you quoted. However, go back and read the thread from the start. I've been right on pretty much everything else. Truth is, I know A LOT more about this case than anyone here... And I actually know the people involved.

I'm pretty amazed that people are going to take these text messages to heart, coming just after the same kid said he was trying to keep the girl safe that night, along with dozens of other lies.

Further, if he did tell the coach anything about anything, what do you think he told him? Hey, I raped this girl? He is still denying he raped anyone, so in August right after the incident, do you really think he got into specifics with the coaching staff?

It just doesn't make any sense to assume these latest allegations have any teeth when 99-percent of what was initially reported about this case has proven to be untrue and there is absolutely no evidence that has been presented that any coach had any prior knowledge or attempted to impact the case in any way.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #201
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

These kids are idiots, their parents are idiots, amd i hope they get sent to prison where they will receive due justice
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #202
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The black kid breaks down crying pathetically saying he didn't mean for it to happen or some shit like that? LOLOLOL ok. I seen a 30 second interview on him with some hoe saying the worst thing he's head people say about him was "hang up".
***** they should hang you.
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #203
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Yep, society is not equal in the case of rape, domestic violence, child custody, divorce, etc. It's not right and it's not fair, but that's just the way it is right now in America. All men need to be on their guard in these kinds of situations because a woman can ruin your life if she wants to.
This. Unfortunate.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #204
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Yep, society is not equal in the case of rape, domestic violence, child custody, divorce, etc. It's not right and it's not fair, but that's just the way it is right now in America. All men need to be on their guard in these kinds of situations because a woman can ruin your life if she wants to.

Men just need to have some sense...

this girl didnt ruin their lives... They threw their lives away.. F*ck them

if they werent football players? nobody would cared about their futures to begin with. You wouldnt see CNN and these people boo hooing over their futures being destroyed. Maybe now some other football players who think they can do all types of dumb sh*t and pay no price for it.. maybe they'll wake up and grow a brain. Sometimes when you f*ck up? you become an example for others not to follow in your footsteps.

People get sentenced to more time for less heinous crimes every day, and nobody worries about their futures being ruined.

they boys got carried away acting like @ssholes and they had to pay the price. I feel about as bad them as I feel for any kid who does something dumb and pays a heavy price.

Life is no joke, and if you think you can do whatever you want without repercussion? you will be in for a rude awakening

Men/boys needs to straighten up and have some common sense when dealing with women. Dont f*ck with passed out women (dont f*ck anyone while they are passed out.. I dont understand why people do that sh*t to begin with)

Dont do anything that bring shame to yourself or your name. Have some rules about how you conduct yourself, and have some common sense. These things wont happen to you if you do.. think before you act and things will be alright
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #205
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
lol, this storm ain't over. It's just getting started.

http://www.salon.com/2013/03/18/meet...tball_co ach/

Wow....
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #206
Kovach
Decent playground baller

Kovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat cool

I got banned within 30 minutes from the democratingunderground forum for not blindly worshiping Alexandria Goddard and daring to ask for proof of her claims.

Dat democracy.
Kovach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #207
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status

Chester, SC. Keep it classy South Carolina!
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #208
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I hope they get that coach.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #209
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I said I wasn't impartial in a post just before the one you quoted. However, go back and read the thread from the start. I've been right on pretty much everything else. Truth is, I know A LOT more about this case than anyone here... And I actually know the people involved.

I'm pretty amazed that people are going to take these text messages to heart, coming just after the same kid said he was trying to keep the girl safe that night, along with dozens of other lies.

Further, if he did tell the coach anything about anything, what do you think he told him? Hey, I raped this girl? He is still denying he raped anyone, so in August right after the incident, do you really think he got into specifics with the coaching staff?

It just doesn't make any sense to assume these latest allegations have any teeth when 99-percent of what was initially reported about this case has proven to be untrue and there is absolutely no evidence that has been presented that any coach had any prior knowledge or attempted to impact the case in any way.

Well, with the whole Penn State thing it's going to be hard for many to give the coach a fair shake. I'll just wait for the facts to come out, but we live in a society where people love jumping to conclusions with their misguided moral outrage.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #210
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Truth is, I know A LOT more about this case than anyone here... And I actually know the people involved.

Exactly why most of what you say should be taken with a huge grain of salt, and points to the very problem with this case because people like you are running their mouths on what they thought they knew about these people. You need to forget what you think you knew and start looking at the evidence, because the DA certainly will be.

There are multiple texts from multiple kids that suggest the coach knew what went down and didn't report it. Why would his own players even make something up like that? He'll rightfully go down for it if they're even half true.

Last edited by DeuceWallaces : 03-21-2013 at 10:47 PM.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: