Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-17-2013, 03:50 AM   #361
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kyrie Irving is unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
"Every award and everything that I do, the All-Star Weekend is dedicated to the Cavaliers organization, trying to be a great representative for our team."

-Kyrie Irving

Link

brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:28 AM   #362
Artillery
National High School Star

Artillery has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
we gonna act like Cleveland is not just developing future starting PG of the lakers?

Get your facts straight. Grizzlies and Magic are the farm teams for the Lakers. Expect Marc Gasol to be a Laker in the coming future when Memphis decides to salary dump him.
Artillery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #363
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
"Every award and everything that I do, the All-Star Weekend is dedicated to the Cavaliers organization, trying to be a great representative for our team."

-Kyrie Irving

Link

Im pretty sure ive heard Lebron say the same thing before.
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #364
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21

debbie downer

He very well might have. Kyrie is saying and doing all the right things. I'm not going to start to worry until he wears Yankee caps at Indians games or is chilling with the Cowboys on the sideline at Browns Stadium.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #365
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

Lets see if Coach Spo tries to hold Kyrie back tonight.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #366
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
I don't think so. Find the quote, if so. James went out of his way, in a lot of instances, not to talk about Cleveland or the Cavs' organization.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #367
whoartthou
National High School Star

whoartthou has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob cake
A player that can create his own shot, has sick handles, and can shoot as well as NBA pure shooters.

Once in a generation type player.

I swear it feels as if we get a "once in a generation" type player ever other year.

CP3... deron williams... rose... some even said rondo... now kyrie...

Hard to tell if these players are really once in a generation type player, or if the rule changes just makes it easier for players to dominate offensively.

I mean I can name so many once in a generation type players in the past 10 years..
whoartthou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #368
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

upside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So far Kyrie has been the most memorable player this All Star weekend.

The humilitation of Knight and lights out shooting in the 3 contest make me wonder what he is going to do tonight. ASG MVP maybe?
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #369
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The guy is clearly the real deal. Really hope the Cavs get to keep him for the duration of his career....unless he wants to come to the Mavs of course.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #370
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoartthou
I swear it feels as if we get a "once in a generation" type player ever other year.

Hard to tell if these players are really once in a generation type player, or if the rule changes just makes it easier for players to dominate offensively.

I mean I can name so many once in a generation type players in the past 10 years..
Well, his combination of elite shooting and slashing ability are rare. And, he's 20.

He still has a long way to go before I call him a once in a generation player, but I do think he may have "once in a generation" potential.

I mean, he beat Novak, Matt Bonner and Steph Curry in a 3-point shooting contest last night. I believe it was the 4th highest score of all-time.

And, he has probably the best handle in the NBA... And he seems to play his best when the lights are brightest (at least as bright as they can be for a player and organization this young) and the game is on the line.

Pretty rare combination of skills, talent and competitive fire.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #371
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Well, his combination of elite shooting and slashing ability are rare. And, he's 20.

He still has a long way to go before I call him a once in a generation player, but I do think he may have "once in a generation" potential.

I mean, he beat Novak, Matt Bonner and Steph Curry in a 3-point shooting contest last night. I believe it was the 4th highest score of all-time.

And, he has probably the best handle in the NBA.

Pretty rare skillset.

He needed 2 points to tie the record, if only he didn't miss that moneyball!
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #372
Budadiiii
++_---++_-----_

Budadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
He needed 2 points to tie the record, if only he didn't miss that moneyball!
The record is only 25?
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #373
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoartthou

CP3 certainly deserves about as much praise you can give a pg. Not sure where his place in history will be in terms of the pg position...but it is going to be way up there. Definitely top 5 ever imo when it's done.

Of course its too early to talk about Kyrie like that, but some guys you can just watch and know. He has everything to be one of the best guards ever. Now he needs to stay healthy and keep his hunger to work hard...
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #374
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
The record is only 25?
Yes. Held by Jason Kapono, I believe. That is missing just four shots during a round. Kyrie only missed five, I think... Two were money balls.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #375
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

upside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
CP3 certainly deserves about as much praise you can give a pg. Not sure where his place in history will be in terms of the pg position...but it is going to be way up there. Definitely top 5 ever imo when it's done.

Of course its too early to talk about Kyrie like that, but some guys you can just watch and know. He has everything to be one of the best guards ever. Now he needs to stay healthy and keep his hunger to work hard...
I get the same feeling. Everything about the guy makes me think he has all time great potential.

He is already so skilled and seems to have the same drive to improve Durant, LeBron and Kobe have. Like you said, he needs to stay healthy and stay hungry, but there is no doubt that he is the real deal.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: