Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #376
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kyrie Irving is unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upside24
I get the same feeling. Everything about the guy makes me think he has all time great potential.

He is already so skilled and seems to have the same drive to improve Durant, LeBron and Kobe have. Like you said, he needs to stay healthy and stay hungry, but there is no doubt that he is the real deal.
To think the way that draft was panned. The Clippers thought so little of it, they gave us their lottery pick with zero protections.

People laughed when the Cavs won, saying "figures they would win in a draft with no consensus No. 1 pick."

Many thought Derrick Williams and Brandon Knight were the way to go instead of Kyrie/Tristan.

It just shows how little the draft prognosticators actually know... Even the so called "experts."
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #377
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
To think the way that draft was panned. The Clippers thought so little of it, they gave us their lottery pick with zero protections.

People laughed when the Cavs won, saying "figures they would win in a draft with no consensus No. 1 pick."

Many thought Derrick Williams and Brandon Knight were the way to go instead of Kyrie/Tristan.

It just shows how little the draft prognosticators actually know... Even the so called "experts."

Never understood his hype, is isn't great at anything, decent shooter, decent finisher, decent passer, decent ball handler, not very quick, defensively not impressive. But to each his own.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #378
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

upside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

After hearing the praise Coach K and Nolan Smith gave Kyrie before he even played a game for Duke and then watching him play even in just a few games, I was hoping the Cavs would pick Kyrie.

I was less optimistic about TT, but watching him this year he has been really impressive. He is quick, has some nice post moves espically the right hand hook and seems to improve every game I watch.

Thankfully they didn't pick Williams first overall or it would have been an Oden/Durant situation.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #379
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by upside24
After hearing the praise Coach K and Nolan Smith gave Kyrie before he even played a game for Duke and then watching him play even in just a few games, I was hoping the Cavs would pick Kyrie.

I was less optimistic about TT, but watching him this year he has been really impressive. He is quick, has some nice post moves espically the right hand hook and seems to improve every game I watch.

Thankfully they didn't pick Williams first overall or it would have been an Oden/Durant situation.
Yep... And the T-Wolves would have Kyrie Irving and Ricky Rubio in the same backcourt.

I was sold on Kyrie all along. In fact, I thought he was a superb talent coming out, even when everyone else seemed to think this was a weak draft at the top. I never understood why people were relatively unimpressed with this kid.

I think the fact that he got hurt midway through the season and Nolan Smith took over and there was no discernible drop-off in the team had a lot to do with it. Early in the year, Kyrie was getting a lot of notice and I think if he had played the whole season, people would have realized what a unique talent he is.

Thank god it worked out the way it did, because I doubt the Clips would have given us that pick with no protections if they had seen a full season of Kyrie Irving in college.

As for Tristan, I was baffled by the pick on draft night, only because he hadn't really been on my radar at all in the lead-up to the draft. I thought Valanciunas was undoubtedly going to be the pick.

After researching him following the draft, I was pleased with the pick. It is looking more and more like he will live up to that spot. If asked to re-draft, Faried might be the only guy I'd take over him... And I think Tristan may have a higher ceiling.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #380
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhyw1...layer_embedded'

Nice move in all star game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_AxH4_fzZs

Interview from 3PT shootout....

hahahaha @ 3:12

Last edited by brandonislegend : 02-18-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:56 AM   #381
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

He was so underwhelming at his opportunities to go @ CP3 in the All Star Game
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:00 AM   #382
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23

Well its hard when Chris Bosh starts the game and plays way too many minutes dude airballed 3 shots before the half was over and got crossed through his own legs twice
Old 02-18-2013, 02:03 AM   #383
Graviton
The Last Alpha Lion

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
His defense was so bad, everyone he covered had automatic AND 1s in the paint, Kobe/CP3 just schooled him.

Amazing scorer, but now people should see why, he wastes 0 energy in any other aspect of basketball. Like he waits for his turn to go 1 on 1 or 1 on 4.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:39 AM   #384
PrettyCool
Banned

PrettyCool has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
His defense was so bad, everyone he covered had automatic AND 1s in the paint, Kobe/CP3 just schooled him.

Amazing scorer, but now people should see why, he wastes 0 energy in any other aspect of basketball. Like he waits for his turn to go 1 on 1 or 1 on 4.

Don't you westbrick stans ever get sick of making claims about Kyrie out of your asses only to get owned and exposed when people read them? You didn't see his sick thread the needle passes to deng and Jrue, or his nearly half court alley oop to wade? or how about him pushing the fastbreak and making the east offense watchable everytime he has in.

Actively watching people for defense in an all-star game as in it says anything about their game? damn you westbrick trolls are getting desperate.
PrettyCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:16 AM   #385
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

Just traded for him in my keeper league!

Here is hoping to him being a top player for the next 10 years.

I will be watching a lot more Cavs games now.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:56 AM   #386
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyCool
Don't you westbrick stans ever get sick of making claims about Kyrie out of your asses only to get owned and exposed when people read them? You didn't see his sick thread the needle passes to deng and Jrue, or his nearly half court alley oop to wade? or how about him pushing the fastbreak and making the east offense watchable everytime he has in.

Actively watching people for defense in an all-star game as in it says anything about their game? damn you westbrick trolls are getting desperate.

I wanna see Westbrick in the 3pt shootout

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy8
Just traded for him in my keeper league!

Here is hoping to him being a top player for the next 10 years.

I will be watching a lot more Cavs games now.

who'd you trade for him? I drafted him 8th in my draft, best decision ever love watching my players play
Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 AM   #387
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Irving , healthy D-Rose (I hope) and Jrue are going to be battling it out for the best PG in the east over the next 3-5 years.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:18 AM   #388
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
I wanna see Westbrick in the 3pt shootout

who'd you trade for him? I drafted him 8th in my draft, best decision ever love watching my players play

I traded Dwight and George Hill for Kyrie.

I am a clear first in blocks so Dwight was no longer necessary since his FT's and TO's were killing me anyway.

My four main keepers are now Durant, Melo, Kyrie and Anthony Davis so I have the 4 main positions covered for the next 5 years.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #389
Jolokia
Serious playground baller

Jolokia has decent reputationJolokia has decent reputation

CP3 was asked yesterday who he liked watching that night and he said Kyrie.

"I love his game."
"If the Cavs' on league pass, that's who I'm watching."
Jolokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #390
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton

Judging a players defensive ability based on his all-star game perfromance....

DukeDelonte13 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: