Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #31
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board
Default Re: Did Chris Rock start some shiz-nit

Other than Martinn Madea and the Wayans brothers, those comics as women were mainly for sketches on TV shows. No different from Chris Farley, Adam Sandler and I assume various others who've dressed up as lady boys.

Doesn't make you less of a comic (or man) because you dress up as a woman. Chappelle hasn't done it because that's not his brand of comedy.

Those comics who dress up as women would make fun on a certain type of lady in their routine. Martin's Shenane and Jamie Foxx's Wanda came from comedy bits they did on the stage. Once they got on TV, they just bought it to life. Chappelle never did characters in his stand up.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #32
Chapallaz
Banned

Chapallaz has decent reputationChapallaz has decent reputation

There's a rather high % of black comedians crossdressing in shows. Fact.

More on this issue:
http://www.jessica-who.com/2011/02/a...crossdressing/

Whether it's Hollywood forcing people, or just one of the easiest ways to get a laugh (hence the fat people farting scenes in some of these movies as well) or just scoring easy points portraying steroetypes, it's an issue.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...ssing-in-drag/

Quote:
Maybe Dave Chappelle wasn’t as crazy as we all thought he was. In a 2006 interview on Oprah, the former Chappelle's Show star, who'd fled from fame and fortune, theorized that Hollywood is trying to emasculate strong black funnymen by making them wear dresses. Despite writers, directors, and producers pressuring him to cross-dress, he took a stand and refused. Chappelle has been the exception, because when it comes to black comics, dressing up in drag is practically a right of passage.
Chapallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #33
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapallaz
There's a rather high % of black comedians crossdressing in shows. Fact.

More on this issue:
http://www.jessica-who.com/2011/02/a...crossdressing/

Whether it's Hollywood forcing people, or just one of the easiest ways to get a laugh (hence the fat people farting scenes in some of these movies as well) or just scoring easy points portraying steroetypes, it's an issue.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...ssing-in-drag/
Dave Chappelle never wore a dress, good for him. White comics dress up as woman and it's a non-issue. Blacks do it, and they are down low brothers.

I still don't get what the big deal about this is, it's comedy. Once we see them in everyday life dressed up as a lady, than it can become a problem.

I already explained it early, these comics dressed up as woman, their stand up of years before they were known played charters on their live show about woman.

the other various characters over the years, White Chicks, Big Mamma's House, Madea, Norbit, ect is not than many.

I'm not too sure if about 10 black comics is a high percentage, unless their are only 17 black comics in the world.

Flip Wilson
Arsenio Hall
Eddie Murphy
Keenen, Shawn, Marlon Wayans
David Alan Grier
Martin Lawrence
Jamie Foxx
Chris Rock
Tracy Morgan
Cedric the Entertainer

Pretty sure I'm missing a few, but that is not a high percentage.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #34
Chapallaz
Banned

I know youre a fan of them so I wont argue with you about this... you'll be in denial forever.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #35
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
I know youre a fan of them so I wont argue with you about this... you'll be in denial forever.
What's the denial about, I'm a fan of Chappelle too?

You explain to me why this is a problem in your own words, not some article or a Dave Chappelle story?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #36
Chapallaz
Banned

Escaping stereotypical casting for cross-audience mainstream productions. That's the issue here. Chris Rock has been doing it lately. Will Smith achieved it. The others: they just roll over and enjoy carrying out stereotypical views whether it's by acting, writing or whatever.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #37
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Escaping stereotypical casting for cross-audience mainstream productions. That's the issue here. Chris Rock has been doing it lately. Will Smith achieved it. The others: they just roll over and enjoy carrying out stereotypical views whether it's by acting, writing or whatever.
Seriously, that is your reply?

Everything in films/movies is stereotypical not a few black actors playing woman.

When 90% of black actors. Hell when 5% of black actor are doin this than they should write these articles.

There are many negative stereotypes thrown down our throats on TV/theaters daily, this is not one of the.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #38
Chapallaz
Banned

That's my reply. When casting most black actors are still thought of as 'black', meaning they can only fill a role written for a 'black' character. Denzel, Smith and lately Chris Rock have been some of the actors who've escaped that one. Major American productions in cinemas worldwide? The big movies where black actors play a major role? Stereotypical roles for black actors.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #39
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
That's my reply. When casting most black actors are still thought of as 'black', meaning they can only fill a role written for a 'black' character. Denzel, Smith and lately Chris Rock have been some of the actors who've escaped that one. Major American productions in cinemas worldwide? The big movies where black actors play a major role? Stereotypical roles for black actors.
Big Mama's House is the only one of these films not from a black point of view and was not written/produced/directed by Lawrence.

White Chicks was written/directed by the Wayans.

Norbit by Murphy

Madea by Perry.

Martin is the only once where he was cast, the other created their films. Madea's is the only franchise as I'm pretty sure we'll never see Norbit and White Chicks part 2.

Perry has been doin Madea in his theater plays like ten years before white people even knew who he was.

So Chappelle's little statement make it's seems like black comedians are turning into drag queens right before out eyes. Like black comics are just lined up to play the next chick in a motion picture when that is not the case

Chappelle talked about his experience of not dressing like a woman, that's fine. He put make-up on a dressed up like the mid-80s androgynous Prince for an episode of his show, all he needed was some balloons in his shirt and he would have been a lady.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #40
Chapallaz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Big Mama's House is the only one of these films not from a black point of view and was not written/produced/directed by Lawrence.

White Chicks was written/directed by the Wayans.

Norbit by Murphy

Madea by Perry.
I know. Which makes them even worse. Thanks for bringing that up.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #41
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
I know. Which makes them even worse. Thanks for bringing that up.
And it makes them worse why, because they dressed up as a lady and wrote the script too?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #42
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
And it makes them worse why, because they dressed up as a lady and wrote the script too?

They're all equally horrible movies.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #43
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
They're all equally horrible movies.
The point it not about the movies being bad, it's about black men in drag. As if white comics have never dressed liked ladies before.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #44
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
some of the biggest comics right now like Louis CK cant even make me chuckle

but I love Bill Burr

Bill Burr's the shit...i literally just bought tickets to see him live in Boston next month. You a MMP listener?
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #45
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Lol, what the fuxk is this?

http://www.the-coli.com/2778126-post1.html

Some nigha stole my thread and got 7 pages worth of replies
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: