Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 01-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Dwight Howard injures shoulder

Lakers center Dwight Howard is expected to be sidelined at least a week after being diagnosed with a torn labrum in his right shoulder, the team announced Monday. Howard apparently suffered the injury during the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss to Denver, but remained in the game and finished with a career-high 26 rebounds. A league source told CBSSports.com NBA Insider Ken Berger that Howard isn't expected to miss more than a week of playing time, but a definitive timetable won't be known until he is re-examined next week. "I donít need surgery," Howard said. "It shouldnít keep me out for awhile. But (I need to) make sure Iím cautious and make sure I get healthy."

Analysis: Under the current timetable, Howard will miss at least four games beginning with Tuesday's contest at Houston. Even if he is able to return for next Tuesday's home game against Milwaukee, he could be limited by lingering shoulder soreness that would restrict his mobility around the basket. Howard is turning in another strong season, but his numbers are down during his first campaign with Los Angeles. The 27-year-old is posting 17.3 points and 12.4 rebounds per game -- both totals his lowest averages since his third year in the league with Orlando. Fantasy owners should keep him reserved in all formats for Week 11 (Jan. 6-13) as hopefully he's only sidelined the upcoming scoring period.

-- CBS Sports
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: