Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #31
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Movie Prequels that should be made

Unforgiven could be awesome on a couple fronts. Obviously knowing William Munney's back story, his being such a bad ass, and then falling in love with his wife and becoming a dirt farmer, would be amazing.
But you could also hit on what has always struck me as a fascinating backstory about Gene Hackman's Lil' Bill Dagget.

Mine has been the same for a long time. Not really a prequel, but a parallell story to The Usual Suspects.

We know that Keyser Sose' set up the operation to get all those guys arrested in NY, and we know that he blows up the ship at the end and kills everybody, but beyond that the entire story is apparently a giant crock of shit. I'd love to see it from someone else's perspective in the crew, and find out what the crew was really told, what they were really going after. How they really felt about Verbal, where they suspicious of him, did any of them know they were working with Keyser Sose'.
I really dig those dual perspective type of movies where you see bits of the same story from two seperate points of view. Just this weekend I caught a bit of Wonderland, which has some moments of that, where you see things happening from the cops POV, and then again from Val Kilmer's Jon Holmes' perspective. It doesn't happen a ton, but it does a bit. I dug that movie.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #32
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Movie Prequels that should be made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Unforgiven could be awesome on a couple fronts. Obviously knowing William Munney's back story, his being such a bad ass, and then falling in love with his wife and becoming a dirt farmer, would be amazing.
But you could also hit on what has always struck me as a fascinating backstory about Gene Hackman's Lil' Bill Dagget.

I think in essence, Clint Eastwood's entire career becomes the prequel for Unforgiven. That's a movie I don't think would had nearly as much impact if it didn't star Eastwood or if Eastwood had not become intertwined with the genre of western.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: