Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #1
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Posters who have changed a lot over time?

Who are they?

Legend of Josh is one that stands out to me. He used to come across as obsessed with "owning" people (or something like that), even when nobody seemed to think he was owning them. I'm pretty sure it was all an act and his way of trolling, and I think I remember him admitting to that pretty much. Anyway, he has stopped with his ridiculous posts for a long time now and is one of the better posters in the Off Court Lounge.

Another is RoseCity (who I don't see much on here these days, but has floated around). When I first started posting on ISH, he was viewed as the biggest homer on the board. The Blazers having a promising young roster likely didn't help, but most of his change seems to have been due to maturing. I rarely see posters getting on his case anymore for being a homer and haven't for years now.

Who else have you noticed changing a lot?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:20 AM   #2
Fudge
Banned

Default Re: Posters who have changed a lot over time?

LeBron23 kinda. Haven't seen him send his death threats towards anybody in a while.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #3
TylerOO
Wake me up in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
LeBron23 kinda. Haven't seen him send his death threats towards anybody in a while.

Now he just tells posters he's better than them at basketball . I like him though, he's not as bad as some people think.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #4
Budadiiii
Live Strong.

pauk
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

SPK. He used to lurk in the Streetball forum and didn't seem to want to post much, but, well, you know the present.

RRR3 too. He seemed to have a bit of a mental breakdown but seemedto get it together a bit. Still seems a bit of a prick whenever I visit the NBA Forum, but not as bad as he used to be.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Who are they?

Legend of Josh is one that stands out to me. He used to come across as obsessed with "owning" people (or something like that), even when nobody seemed to think he was owning them. I'm pretty sure it was all an act and his way of trolling, and I think I remember him admitting to that pretty much. Anyway, he has stopped with his ridiculous posts for a long time now and is one of the better posters in the Off Court Lounge.

Another is RoseCity (who I don't see much on here these days, but has floated around). When I first started posting on ISH, he was viewed as the biggest homer on the board. The Blazers having a promising young roster likely didn't help, but most of his change seems to have been due to maturing. I rarely see posters getting on his case anymore for being a homer and haven't for years now.

Who else have you noticed changing a lot?

mind rape is the word you're looking for...he mind raped himself he was so obsessed with it.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #7
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
mind rape is the word you're looking for...he mind raped himself he was so obsessed with it.

That's right. He also used to claim something like he carries the board and is the only entertaining poster, or something to that effect.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
MindRapedMinion
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
That's right. He also used to claim something like he carries the board and is the only entertaining poster, or something to that effect.
Clearly LOJ is the savior of the OTC and for all of ISH!
MindRapedMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #9
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindRapedMinion
Clearly LOJ is the savior of the OTC and for all of ISH!

lol, you registered that name a year and a half ago waiting for this opportunity. That account became less productive for you since LOJ changed.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #10
MindRapedMinion
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
lol, you registered that name a year and a half ago waiting for this opportunity. That account became less productive for you since LOJ changed.
Doesn't help that Jeff didn't approve of the account for a very long time. I've been lying in wait... like a sleeper cell... waiting for the return of the mind raper.
MindRapedMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Mind rape is a brilliant concept.

Think about it... it's an act of sexual domination and influence through the brain. The closest example being Inception.

People are obsessed with war, violence, rape, and battle.. We've seen teh war movies, we've seen Jet Li in fearless, We've seen the rape scene in Irreversible (We've seen scenes of man's ability to push past women's resistance and run through the barricades and slay her will and give her what she really wants)., we've seen how an unstoppable force works in the physical realm,. yet they neglect the psychological aspect of it. This is the field where I feel people who own tomorrow's world will thrive. The psychological warfare.

Let's talk Inception. What better power is there than to wield the abiilty to slip a thought.. an embedded command... underneath one's conscious mind and allow it to blossom from seed to Redwood tree without any awareness of where it comes from. Slip it into the right head and you just might change the world.. undetected.

Three villains who were experts at this game were:
Freddy Kreuger: Exploiting peoples' fears in the dream world
Scarecrow: Exploiting people' sfears
Pinhead: Using people's dreams
Lord Darkness from Legend: Baiting people with promises of sweet desire and eternity
KEvin Spacey in Se7en: Who used his expert anger to get into Pitt's head and have him lose all his wiles.

How do you emotionally wound someone so bad that the pain makes them feel alive and ends up as an obsessive thought. As Confucious once said.. before embarking on a tale of revenge.. dig youreslf not one, but TWO graves. How do you restrain your fists when your gal attacks you at the center of your ego during a heated argument?
How do you put someone in a whirlwind of their emotions and have them spitting out cognitive dissonance. How do you push just the right buttons to make others' lose their marbles and take the prize?

Let us remember how Larry Bird and MJ got into their opponents' heads, frustrated them, owned them!

How does one recuperate from being raped? How does one fixate the PTSD?

How do you defend it?

It's a phenomenom and it's very real out there.

Let us expand our ability to dish it out, and fortify our defenses against it. It's a silent, dangerous battlefield out there, brothaz!
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

I feel like I have changed a great deal.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #13
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Waking Life changed and lost all his street cred
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #14
Just2McFly
By Any Means

No one has stayed the same or even close to it.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #15
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

I went from posting very little to posting quite a lot. Besides that I have stayed the same.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: