Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #46
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is Roseanne the greatest sitcom of all time?

easily
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #47
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Maybe Roseanne was more like Patrick Ewing. The show was larger than life, but ultimately started to go places towards the end that just made it an embarrassment.

Arrested Development is Grant Hill. Great from the beginning, but cut short, ultimately to have a small comeback after a few years.

Seinfeld is the GOAT though. And it all accumulated at about the same time as Jordan ended his Bulls career. Their cameo on Curb Your Enthusiasm was MJ on the Wizards. Was very entertaining and reminded us of what once was, but still not quite the same.

Arrested Development = Deadwood

Two brilliant series which never got to see their full potential, AD a comedy, Deadwood a drama.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #48
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla

easily

V.I.P.?
Old 01-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #49
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
V.I.P.?
stacked
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #50
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Roseanne, seriously? I watched it, but give me Married With Children over it any day.

Just from it's era, it's possibly top ten, but not the best. I'd take Cheers over Roseanne too.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #51
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Roseanne, seriously? I watched it, but give me Married With Children over it any day.

Just from it's era, it's possibly top ten, but not the best. I'd take Cheers over Roseanne too.

No, John Goodman alone trumps Married with Children, which was a good show, at least in the beginning, and then turned into shit.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #52
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Not saying it was the best but I did enjoy Frazier when ever I did catch an episode
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #53
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Not saying it was the best but I did enjoy Frazier when ever I did catch an episode

Frasier was a great show, really funny, it did get kind of shitty towards the end though. I'd place with Cheers right behind shows like AD and Seinfeld.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #54
Chapallaz
Banned

Chapallaz has decent reputationChapallaz has decent reputation

Chapallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #55
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
No, John Goodman alone trumps Married with Children, which was a good show, at least in the beginning, and then turned into shit.
No he doesn't.

Top 10 sitcoms between 1985 and 1995.

Cosby Show
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Seinfield
Martin
Married With Children
Cheers
Roseanne
A Different World
Family Matters
Who's the Boss
Old 01-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #56
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Quote:
No he doesn't.

Top 10 sitcoms between 1985 and 1995.

Cosby Show
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Seinfield
Martin
Married With Children
Cheers
Roseanne
A Different World
Family Matters
Who's the Boss

Your list just rendered your opinion invalid. Family matters? Really?! That was the biggest piece of shit ever. One of the corniest shows with the worst writing I've ever seen. Who's the Boss? 80's shit. Martin? Ok, fun little show, offered little. Goodman and Roseanne destroy most of those crappy shows. Fresh prince was a terrific show in its first couple years and then got retarded with horrible plots.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #57
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Your list just rendered your opinion invalid. Family matters? Really?! That was the biggest piece of shit ever. One of the corniest shows with the worst writing I've ever seen. Who's the Boss? 80's shit. Martin? Ok, fun little show, offered little. Goodman and Roseanne destroy most of those crappy shows. Fresh prince was a terrific show in its first couple years and then got retarded with horrible plots.
Family Matters was great until it's last few seasons when it stopped being about the family and all about Urkel's adventures. With Who's The Boss I was drawing a blank. It was between Punky Brewster or the Boss, lol.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #58
Chapallaz
Banned

Chapallaz has decent reputationChapallaz has decent reputation

Cosby Show
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Seinfield
Married With Children
Cheers
Roseanne
Who's the Boss

<insert canyon sized gap here>

<and now some shows which shouldnt be mentioned in the same post as the ones above>
A Different World
Family Matters

Martin
Chapallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #59
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Quote:
Family Matters was great until it's last few seasons when it stopped being about the family and all about Urkel's adventures. With Who's The Boss I was drawing a blank. It was between Punky Brewster or the Boss, lol.

It was hilariously retarded. Dude, c'mon, you cannot seriously compare this puerile tripe to something like Roseanne, or Seinfeld, or Cheers, or Frasier. All of those shows are fantastic, well written shows. Family Matters could have been written by a mental patient for all I know.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #60
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapallaz
Cosby Show
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Seinfield
Married With Children
Cheers
Roseanne
Who's the Boss
<and now some shows which shouldnt be mentioned in the same post as the ones above>
A Different World
Family Matters
Martin
Martin must be last because he dressed up as two woman on his show, Shenana and mama Payne.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: