Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #76
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Roseanne the greatest sitcom of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickswin
agree that everybody hates chris is really good. I think fresh prince was kind of corny and the writing wasn't at the level of these other shows most of the time.

True, i forgot all about Married with Children (looking at the gif), that show as classic. Fresh Prince is good just because of Will Smith and Carlton moments, it really didn't have the depth of other great sitcoms.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #77
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
True, i forgot all about Married with Children (looking at the gif), that show as classic. Fresh Prince is good just because of Will Smith and Carlton moments, it really didn't have the depth of other great sitcoms.

yeah, I can agree with that. will smith and carlton were really good characters, but outside of that the show could be pretty flat. and fresh prince had too many "serious" moments for a sitcom, in my opinion.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #78
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickswin
yeah, I can agree with that. will smith and carlton were really good characters, but outside of that the show could be pretty flat. and fresh prince had too many "serious" moments for a sitcom, in my opinion.

I never forget that episode where he meets his dad and his dad immediately bails on him and he goes crazy with "WHY HE DON'T WANT ME!?" and the episode just ends there with no follow up
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #79
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Scrubs is unforgivably bad.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #80
iamgine

iamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation here

iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #81
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
I never forget that episode where he meets his dad and his dad immediately bails on him and he goes crazy with "WHY HE DON'T WANT ME!?" and the episode just ends there with no follow up

yeah, but they had ridiculous, over-the-top dramatic stuff like that all the time. one time aunt viv went nuts with the dancing or something like that. there were always those "deep," "real" moments with uncle phil. carlton got in a car accident or some nonsense like that. don't even get me started on will and his fiance. that show always had to resort to stuff like that because they just couldn't write enough good, funny plot lines.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #82
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapallaz
No, because it was not funny, incredibly overacted, incredibly bad acting, writing, scripting and one of those shows where you could tell what the rest of the episode would be like after 2 seconds. That's why. You tell us why Martin deserves to be ranked with those other shows, please? Why would anybody rank it over The Larry Sanders Show? Heck, there's probably enough reasons to list Step by Step higher than that. Full House deserves to be listed over Martin as well. Didn't like it myself though. The Nanny has a good case here. Frasier actually IS 10x the show that Martin was. Screenplay, acting, plot, overall much better.
It's funnier that's why it deserves to be ranked higher.

I've watched all these shows you've named in your rant, and Martin is funnier. I liked Larry Sander Show, Frasier is alright, but still somewhat corny. Full House is terrible. It was cool as a kid growing up, but watch it as a grown man and you might puke.

Why Martin is being listed as a cookie cutter sitcom it beyond me. Martin did what he wanted in his series, that was act a damn fool. It's obviously not for you if you don't like it.

Obviously, Martin is gonna be different from the Cosby Show. They are both gonna be different from Roseanne. All three will be different from Cheers. All four will be different from Larry Sanders, Step By Step and so forth. If you don't like it fine, watch something you don't like.

I could never get into Friends, but I doubt it was a terrible show. I watched it a few times, it just wasn't for me, move on. Martin was not for you, doesn't mean it's terrible, just move on.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #83
Chapallaz
Banned

Chapallaz has decent reputationChapallaz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
It's funnier that's why it deserves to be ranked higher.

I've watched all these shows you've named in your rant, and Martin is funnier. I liked Larry Sander Show, Frasier is alright, but still somewhat corny. Full House is terrible. It was cool as a kid growing up, but watch it as a grown man and you might puke.

Why Martin is being listed as a cookie cutter sitcom it beyond me. Martin did what he wanted in his series, that was act a damn fool. It's obviously not for you if you don't like it.

Obviously, Martin is gonna be different from the Cosby Show. They are both gonna be different from Roseanne. All three will be different from Cheers. All four will be different from Larry Sanders, Step By Step and so forth. If you don't like it fine, watch something you don't like.

I could never get into Friends, but I doubt it was a terrible show. I watched it a few times, it just wasn't for me, move on. Martin was not for you, doesn't mean it's terrible, just move on.

That's an awful long post just to say you have a wack taste and low standard.
Chapallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #84
iamgine

iamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation here

With Friends, you have to watch from the first episode otherwise you won't get a lot of the jokes cause a lot of it are continuous.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #85
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
That's an awful long post just to say you have a wack taste and low standard.
WTF is wack taste and low standards?

Martin = low standards
Friends = high standards.

Thanks for letting me know this.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #86
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just watched roast of her the other day.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #87
Chapallaz
Banned

Chapallaz has decent reputationChapallaz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
WTF is wack taste and low standards?

Martin = low standards
Friends = high standards.

Thanks for letting me know this.

Ah so when it comes to sitcoms, you're the Guru who decides if something is corny or funny, but we can't judge your standard and taste? Right on.

Sit down and watch another brother dress up as a fat granny and fart. Har-Har-Har! Look at that silly Martin, acting a fool, dressing like his 'ghetto' neightbour girl. Har-Har-Har! Aren't these black folks something? Glad we aren't watching that corny Frasier crap!
Chapallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #88
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
Frasier was a great show, really funny, it did get kind of shitty towards the end though. I'd place with Cheers right behind shows like AD and Seinfeld.

Frasier is my favorite sitcom. Niles is just fantastic.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #89
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Ah so when it comes to sitcoms, you're the Guru who decides if something is corny or funny, but we can't judge your standard and taste? Right on.

Sit down and watch another brother dress up as a fat granny and fart. Har-Har-Har! Look at that silly Martin, acting a fool, dressing like his 'ghetto' neightbour girl. Har-Har-Har! Aren't these black folks something? Glad we aren't watching that corny Frasier crap!
Who said something was corny, you did? You called Martin a terrible sitcom and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Pretty sure I never said the shows you watch were "wack" and "corny" besides Full House, and we both agreed on that one, right?
Old 01-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #90
No_Look604
Local High School Star

No_Look604 has not been impressing people

The Wonder Years!
No_Look604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: