Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #271
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board
Default Re: NFL Playoffs GT: Wildcard Round

I hope matty ice chokes it up so I can troll falcon fans for an eternity
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #272
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
He would not have walked out of the locker room to watch the end of the game standing up if he tore his acl.
Ummm...I know a guy who went through basketball practice for the better part of a week after a knee injury before finding out they tore their ACL. I mean yeah, they didn't look anything close to 100% in practice and were clearly favoring their hurt knee, but you'd be surprised at how much some people can endure with a torn ACL. Just depends on how bad it is.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #273
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Yeah, but now the Seahawks have to go on the road into an even more hostile environment, and play a much better and more complete team than the Redskins...I think. It depends on which Matt Ryan shows up. If it's same old playoffs Matt Ryan, the Seahawks probably will win.

With this offensive performance I don't see Seattle winning. Atlanta has a much better offense then the Redskins at the moment and Seattle can't just win it with their defense like they did today. Wilson will need to step up big time and I don't think he has it in him to out duel Ryan.

Another thing is that Morris had alot of success today running the ball. Turner hasn't had the yardage as he had previous years but he's a powerful back and Morris gave them alot of trouble today. Interesting to see if Atlanta was just conserving Turner for the playoffs and will let him run amok now.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #274
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

and i dont think it was a tore ACL. at worse i think it was just a torn MCL. sort of how Andrew Bynum was able to play out the 2010 NBA playoffs on a torn MCL in the first round.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #275
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Just found those Tweets interesting,, because I remember the flak the Nationals were getting for shutting Strasburg down early.

Griffin had no business being out there after it was clear he was hurting. You've got arguably the best young QB in the league and you try and push him to the limit on a bad wheel, and this happens? No idea how serious the injury is, but it doesn't look good on top of an existing injury.
I was actually making those same observations with my friends. I don't think it makes the Nationals look any better, it was still a bad decision, but the opposing philosophies between sports is interesting.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #276
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Man I hope the redskins learn from this and focus on protecting him more, I don't want to be reading threads 20 years from now with the title "What RG3 could've been..."
Old 01-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #277
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
With this offensive performance I don't see Seattle winning.
Seattle O has been decent today, remember the goaline fumble and they have to put their foot off pedal to finish this game. They could easily have 35 points. Holding the Falons to 24 or less next week, they have the advantage.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #278
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

If I were Mike Shanahan, I'd be looking over my shoulder.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #279
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Seattle O has been decent today, remember the goaline fumble and they have to put their foot off pedal to finish this game. They could easily have 35 points. Holding the Falons to 24 or less next week, they have the advantage.

And they also recovered a fumble at the goal line so it goes both ways.

After the first quarter/half Washington wasn't able to do anything offensively and Seattle's offense couldn't capitalize. I guess they were able to move the chains efficiently but they still couldn't punch it in and Wilson seemed to cautious.

But that defense is nasty and that alone could make them a darkhorse in the NFC(I posted in the other thread that I liked their chances coming out of the NFC)
Old 01-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #280
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
He shouldn't have been on the field after they took him to the lockerroom earlier. This is on Shanahan. Stubborn as ****.

He shouldn't have come back and played in the Ravens game

Still a great season for the Redskins. I don't think anyone predicted it to go this well. It's just such a shame that he had to get injured towards the end of the year and just wasn't nearly the same afterwards. I just hope we get some ****ing defense next year. We used to have a top 10 defense every year.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #281
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
If I were Mike Shanahan, I'd be looking over my shoulder.

TBH who knows. I'm sure RG3 convinced him that he was fine but it still doesn't excuse the fact that RG3 was hurt and that Shan has final say.

I don't blame him for starting him but I do blame him for not pulling him out by halftime.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #282
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18

Still a great season for the Redskins. I don't think anyone predicted it to go this well. It's just such a shame that he had to get injured towards the end of the year and just wasn't nearly the same afterwards. I just hope we get some ****ing defense next year. We used to have a top 10 defense every year.
What's the cap space situation for the redskins this offseason?
Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #283
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
TBH who knows. I'm sure RG3 convinced him that he was fine but it still doesn't excuse the fact that RG3 was hurt and that Shan has final say.

I don't blame him for starting him but I do blame him for not pulling him out by halftime.

RG3 can convince him all he wants. It's not his call. Shanahan knows better. Idiotic move on his part. This kid is going to be your franchise player for the unforseeable future and he pulls a stunt like this.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #284
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #285
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18

Orakpo will be back, he's going to be a huge addition.

I don't know how many picks Washington has after the RG3 trade but I'm a big fan of rebuilding defenses through the draft. It has worked in NE, GB and Houston.

What are major needs in the Washington defense? I'm guessing D-line?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: