Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #31
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: NFL Playoffs GT: Wildcard Round

What happened to ponder?
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #32
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise#3
What happened to ponder?
bruised elbow
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #33
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Whelp after watching this game, I feel that Webb has a legitimate chance of looking like the second best QB who played today.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #34
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Am I the only that feels like these games are almost meaningless in the AFC? Can anyone see any of these teams beating the Broncos or Patriots at this point in the season? The two AFC teams that are/were hot coming into the playoffs were the Colts and their rookie QB and the Bengals and their decent second year QB. Then the other two teams, who had records that would indicate they're really good, sputtered into the playoffs and neither have anything close to an elite QB.

Maybe I'm wrong and this is a sign the Texans are getting back on track, but I just can't see any AFC team beating the Patriots or Broncos. They've all got flaws and don't have an elite QB to cover them up like Denver and New England. If the Texans can dominate the LOS on defense like they did today and get pressure on Tom Brady next week, though, I think they can make that game uncomfortable for the Patriots.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #35
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Good job texans D they shut down AJ green most of the game although aj green got opened up a few times but held him in check very well. Overall tho great D by houston only allowed 2 FGs on defense
Old 01-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #36
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Am I the only that feels like these games are almost meaningless in the AFC? Can anyone see any of these teams beating the Broncos or Patriots at this point in the season? The two AFC teams that are/were hot coming into the playoffs were the Colts and their rookie QB and the Bengals and their decent second year QB. Then the other two teams, who had records that would indicate they're really good, sputtered into the playoffs and neither have anything close to an elite QB.

Maybe I'm wrong and this is a sign the Texans are getting back on track, but I just can't see any AFC team beating the Patriots or Broncos. They've all got flaws and don't have an elite QB to cover them up like Denver and New England. If the Texans can dominate the LOS on defense like they did today and get pressure on Tom Brady next week, though, I think they can make that game uncomfortable for the Patriots.
Nope any given sunday. Upsets happen all the time.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #37
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Whelp after watching this game, I feel that Webb has a legitimate chance of looking like the second best QB who played today.

I thought Schaub played fine. I'm not expecting much of Webb and I think he'll be extremely hesitant today, he's a backup for a reason.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #38
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

Hot damn bengal fans are going ham on dalton in their forum.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #39
IGotACoolStory

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Building up to the Pats game, it's going to swing that the Texans have a chance to win the game. They're the sleeper! They're the underdog! because that's how it always works in the media.

Then the Pats will eat them alive to tune of 35 points and win by 18.

And I hope the Texans get killed. If for anything, making everyone endure such a terrible football game.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #40
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Looking forward to Pats/Texans next week.

I'm not. We're gonna get creamed. Kubiak's conservative ass needs to grow a pair.
TheNaturalWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #41
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

Foster with more yards and TDs than Dalton
Old 01-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #42
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Building up to the Pats game, it's going to swing that the Texans have a chance to win the game. They're the sleeper! They're the underdog! because that's how it always works in the media.

Then the Pats will eat them alive to tune of 35 points and win by 18.

And I hope the Texans get killed. If for anything, making everyone endure such a terrible football game.
Yeah, the narrative all week will be that the Texans are back on track and looking like the team that started 11-1, and are poised to upset the defending AFC Champions. Which, like you said, just means the Patriots and Tom Brady will come out and beat the shit out of them.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #43
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Yeah, the narrative all week will be that the Texans are back on track and looking like the team that started 11-1, and are poised to upset the defending AFC Champions. Which, like you said, just means the Patriots and Tom Brady will come out and beat the shit out of them.

Too bad no one's actually gonna say that. If kicking 4 FGs is getting back on track the media is dumber than I thought.
TheNaturalWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #44
IGotACoolStory

I'm going to make a baseless prediction:

Webb leads the Vikings to a win over the Packers. They lose next week, but Webb takes over the starting spot for the Vikings and Ponder gets traded to Eagles or some team that needs/will need a QB.

It's the Joe Montana story. Except it happens in the NFL and not in college.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #45
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

The Texans have a leigt shot against the Patriots if they dominate the line of scrimmage like they did tonight.

Having already played the Patriots helps out too. They can make changes schmatically and one thing that gets lost - Brady has NOT been a good playoff quarterback in the last 6 years.

26TD/14INT

11 games played, 6 of which where he played bad to very bad, then the two superbowls where he played just average....and 3 games where he played like the Brady we know.

Texans have what it takes to go in there and win
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: