Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #16
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,123
haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default Re: [NY Daily News] All-Star Reserves voting rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Never said a lock but his chances of making it are better. And the reasoning if he were selected would be laregly due to his team success. Thats the point here that there is not 1 non playoff team player on the rosters. Why?

Sidenote: I dont think Curry deserves to be on the team, just highlighting most of these selections were also determined by team success. Why? Thats for MVP races not All Star selections. Guys like Joe Johnson sit at home because his team isnt good but this man has produced his ass off for the most part.

Most are, but not all. If Eddie Curry deserved to be there, he would be there. Proof? Chris Bosh made it last year and his team finished with the 4th worst record in the league..

So, the coaches are going to factor in team success, but if the player is truly deserving and on a losing team, they are not going to overlook him...

Joe Johnson has had a very good season, but if they're going by the "best player on a losing team logic.. the selections would not necessarily be fair..

They would've picked people like Andre Igoudala, Al Jefferson, etc... who are good players, but you have to draw the line somewhere.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:14 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,726
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: [NY Daily News] All-Star Reserves voting rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
Most are, but not all. If Eddie Curry deserved to be there, he would be there. Proof? Chris Bosh made it last year and his team finished with the 4th worst record in the league..

So, the coaches are going to factor in team success, but if the player is truly deserving and on a losing team, they are not going to overlook him...

Joe Johnson has had a very good season, but if they're going by the "best player on a losing team logic.. the selections would not necessarily be fair..

They would've picked people like Andre Igoudala, Al Jefferson, etc... who are good players, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Al Jefferson wouldnt have made it over Dwight and JO anyway. Neither would Iggy. So no they wouldnt have picked them.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:16 PM   #18
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,123
haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default Re: [NY Daily News] All-Star Reserves voting rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Al Jefferson wouldnt have made it over Dwight and JO anyway.

And neither should Curry.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:25 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,726
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: [NY Daily News] All-Star Reserves voting rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
And neither should Curry.

Thanks for stating the obvious.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:25 PM   #20
nicknamefrank
Serious playground baller
 
nicknamefrank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 424
nicknamefrank has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: [NY Daily News] All-Star Reserves voting rigged?



Just because Curry is getting 19/7 makes him an all star?
There's nothing strange about it. he wasn't good enough. Ray Allen didn't make it, Michael Redd didn't make it, so Curry doesn't get in. He is getting a career year for HIM but that doesn't mean he's an all star.

But I do admit that he's had a tremendous amount of contribution to the knicks. Without him, Knicks would probably be about half a game behind the Celtics right now (ok maybe not, half a game up is about right)
nicknamefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:30 PM   #21
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,123
haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default Re: [NY Daily News] All-Star Reserves voting rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Thanks for stating the obvious.

Your welcome. I was playing a game of follow the leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Al Jefferson wouldnt have made it over Dwight and JO anyway.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:31 PM   #22
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star
 
hwliuLAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,519
hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: [NY Daily News] All-Star Reserves voting rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
All Star games shouldnt be based on team play. Thats the problem. Its player performance. Player production. The fact that if NYK had the 3rd best record chances are you would think he should be an AS as opposed to now says all i want to know.


I would probably give Curry an AS vote if Knicks had the 3rd best record
why? simply because that makes him not just a player who puts up number
a player who can change and win the game

You can put up great numbers and not be a factor in the 4th
what good use are you comparing to the others then?
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,726
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: [NY Daily News] All-Star Reserves voting rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
Your welcome. I was playing a game of follow the leader.

Are you mentally retarded? Maybe mildly? You mentioned Al Jefferson and Iggy making the AS game if they went by the logic not to include team success. I said they wouldnt have made it regardless because they didnt have better years so far. Already said Eddy Curry didnt deserve to make the AS alredy...countless times actually but the point flew over your head.

So I'll break it down for you again but for some reason I bet you repeat more nonsense "Curry doesnt belong".

AS team reserves should be picked based on performance and production. Team success should not determine anything when selecting reserved. You dont sit and say well Joe Johnson performed, produced but Caron and Rip Hamilton are on better teams so thats the tie breaker for them.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:36 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,726
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: [NY Daily News] All-Star Reserves voting rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwliuLAP
I would probably give Curry an AS vote if Knicks had the 3rd best record
why? simply because that makes him not just a player who puts up number
a player who can change and win the game

You can put up great numbers and not be a factor in the 4th
what good use are you comparing to the others then?

So a difference of winning 7gms instead of losing them which would result in the NYK being the 3rd best team gets Eddy Curry the knod. Amazing.

Team success shouldnt hold much weight in determining reserves. That simple.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:42 PM   #25
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star
 
hwliuLAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,519
hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: [NY Daily News] All-Star Reserves voting rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
So a difference of winning 7gms instead of losing them which would result in the NYK being the 3rd best team gets Eddy Curry the knod. Amazing.

Team success shouldnt hold much weight in determining reserves. That simple.


Put it this way a player who puts up 19/7 that can't win any game
and another who puts up 19/7 leads his team to a better record because of him
who would you pick

Individual success should be able to turn around the team success
not that credits should be taken away if the team doesn't win

either way I don't think Curry is that great of a player
but if he CAN brings the Knicks to the 3rd record?
that's a very difficult task considering who their GM is

so I'd give him some credit
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:51 PM   #26
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,123
haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default Re: [NY Daily News] All-Star Reserves voting rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Are you mentally retarded? Maybe mildly? You mentioned Al Jefferson and Iggy making the AS game if they went by the logic not to include team success. I said they wouldnt have made it regardless because they didnt have better years so far. Already said Eddy Curry didnt deserve to make the AS alredy...countless times actually but the point flew over your head.

So I'll break it down for you again but for some reason I bet you repeat more nonsense "Curry doesnt belong".

AS team reserves should be picked based on performance and production. Team success should not determine anything when selecting reserved. You dont sit and say well Joe Johnson performed, produced but Caron and Rip Hamilton are on better teams so thats the tie breaker for them.

Al Jefferson is averaging about 15-10, Eddie Curry is averaging 19-7.. I'd rather take the guy with 4 less points over the CENTER with only 7 rebounds anyday. and Iggy is averaging 17-5 and 5.. not far off of Rips 22-4 and 3 or billups' 18-3 and 7... So I guess maybe I am slightly retarted? and my point of that was? putting up numbers shouldn't be rewarded if your not an impact player. Curry may be putting up almost 20 points, but is he a guy you can depend on to win games? I think not.
And before you go off on another rant saying, "oh i said that curry doesn't deserve an ASG spot" i'm not saying this because of that. I'm saying it to disprove your logic, but obviously you can't wrap your little mind around that.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:56 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,726
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: [NY Daily News] All-Star Reserves voting rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
Al Jefferson is averaging about 15-10, Eddie Curry is averaging 19-7.. I'd rather take the guy with 4 less points over the CENTER with only 7 rebounds anyday. and Iggy is averaging 17-5 and 5.. not far off of Rips 22-4 and 3 or billups' 18-3 and 7... So I guess maybe I am slightly retarted? and my point of that was? putting up numbers shouldn't be rewarded if your not an impact player. Curry may be putting up almost 20 points, but is he a guy you can depend on to win games? I think not.
And before you go off on another rant saying, "oh i said that curry doesn't deserve an ASG spot" i'm not saying this because of that. I'm saying it to disprove your logic, but obviously you can't wrap your little mind around that.


Why are you on Eddy Curry? The POINT is in BOLD. Damn you have poor reading and comprehension skills and i called it. I knew you would continue arguing why Eddy Curry isnt a AS player even AFTER i said he wasnt NUMEROUS times in the replies to YOU. Worthless, like a penny with a hole in it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #28
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,123
haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default Re: [NY Daily News] All-Star Reserves voting rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Why are you on Eddy Curry? The POINT is in BOLD. Damn you have poor reading and comprehension skills and i called it. I knew you would continue arguing why Eddy Curry isnt a AS player even AFTER i said he wasnt NUMEROUS times in the replies to YOU. Worthless, like a penny with a hole in it.
I read your point.. and I CLEARLY disagreed with it. Hence the reason why I said that you shouldn't be rewarded for putting up scoring numbers if you can't be depended on to win games. If disagreeing with you = having bad reading comprehension, then I think that 95% of the ISH posters have bad reading comprehension. Teach us O great english teacher.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,726
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: [NY Daily News] All-Star Reserves voting rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
I read your point.. and I CLEARLY disagreed with it. Hence the reason why I said that you shouldn't be rewarded for putting up scoring numbers if you can't be depended on to win games. If disagreeing with you = having bad reading comprehension, then I think that 95% of the ISH posters have bad reading comprehension. Teach us O great english teacher.

Caron Butler isnt depended on to win friggin games. But he's an AS miraculously. You should be rewarded for the numbers you put up because players are on bad teams, in bad situations. Not JJ fault his team stinks but he is penalized because of it? Brilliant.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #30
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,123
haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default Re: [NY Daily News] All-Star Reserves voting rigged?

Chris Bosh made the ASG last year. How do you explain that?
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy