Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-03-2007, 01:14 PM   #31
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: [NY Daily News] All-Star Reserves voting rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
Chris Bosh made the ASG last year. How do you explain that?

Easy, he was selected for his performance, production and not winning games.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #32
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Easy, he was selected for his performance, production and not winning games.

Quote:
Are you mentally retarded? Maybe mildly? You mentioned Al Jefferson and Iggy making the AS game if they went by the logic not to include team success. I said they wouldnt have made it regardless because they didnt have better years so far. Already said Eddy Curry didnt deserve to make the AS alredy...countless times actually but the point flew over your head.

So I'll break it down for you again but for some reason I bet you repeat more nonsense "Curry doesnt belong".

AS team reserves should be picked based on performance and production. Team success should not determine anything when selecting reserved. You dont sit and say well Joe Johnson performed, produced but Caron and Rip Hamilton are on better teams so thats the tie breaker for them.

who's mentally retarded now?
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #33
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

If eddy just rebounded the damm basketball like he should be doing he would be in the allstar game. No way a 20 10 centre could be left off the east squad.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:20 PM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
who's mentally retarded now?

You are because you found one example of a player picked based on production/performance and not team success. When the majority of the time it has EVERYTHING to do with team success (hence all the det piston reserves the same year Bosh was selected;go figure). Hilarious. If you were running off names left and right? I'd feel retarded. One name? I laugh.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:24 PM   #35
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Eddy had no chance. Shaq was a lock. Then you had to choose between Eddy, Dwight and JO.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:26 PM   #36
sportstownusa
Yup

sportstownusa has an OK reputation so far

when the team around you sucks, a player tends to have inflated stats. This is not always the case, and there are always exceptions. When a player plays on a very good team, with other good players, said player has to play within the system, and has to sacrifice stats/possessions for the benefit of the team. When a player plays on a bad team, he is "allowed" to jack up any shots he wants, kinda like when AI was with philly and PP with boston. If they played on a good team, they probably wouldnt have the stats they had with philly/boston. If Curry played with dallas,SA,Det,Chi,etc he prolly would have 14/7. The equivilant of 3rd or 4th option on the team. Now if Curry averages ridiculous numbers such as say 24/9 and the knicks still sucked, then there could be an arguement for him. Since its hard to put up really good numbers with a good team, compared to being on a sucky team (again there are exceptions) I THINK coaches look at team success as well.

And, gobb, were you the one that said that the allstar game is for the fans, so more or less, there shouldnt be a discussion about anyone getting snubbed, because the fans can vote for who they want to see (based on their own criteria). If so, why cant the coaches use their own criteria to pick the reserves.
sportstownusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #37
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
You are because you found one example of a player picked based on production/performance and not team success. When the majority of the time it has EVERYTHING to do with team success (hence all the det piston reserves the same year Bosh was selected;go figure). Hilarious. If you were running off names left and right? I'd feel retarded. One name? I laugh.

and you have one example as well seeing as there has not been any other year when 4 players from one team made the ASG...
Old 02-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
And, gobb, were you the one that said that the allstar game is for the fans, so more or less, there shouldnt be a discussion about anyone getting snubbed, because the fans can vote for who they want to see (based on their own criteria). If so, why cant the coaches use their own criteria to pick the reserves.

Yes because the coaches pay money to sit in the stands and be entertained by players they loved to watch. Brilliant...no really it is.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
and you have one example as well seeing as there has not been any other year when 4 players from one team made the ASG...

One example? Bruh check the past AS rosters including this year. Every player selected was on a playoff team. And at the time of the selection thier teams were in the playoff picture. More than 1 example its a fact. Bosh being one player where you cant find me more screams enough. Here is another fact, if Caron Butler and Joe Johnson switched teams and their stats remained the same. JJ would be an AS and Caron wouldnt. It is what it is.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:34 PM   #40
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
Yes because the coaches pay money to sit in the stands and be entertained by players they loved to watch. Brilliant...no really it is.
So what do you suggest.. that the fans are able to vote 1-12?? We've already seen that Shaq got voted as a starter, who knows the mess we'd be in if the coaches weren't allowed to pick the reserves.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
So what do you suggest.. that the fans are able to vote 1-12?? We've already seen that Shaq got voted as a starter, who knows the mess we'd be in if the coaches weren't allowed to pick the reserves.

Coaches can pick...picks shouldnt be based on team success. Should be again (repeating myself) performance and production.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:38 PM   #42
sportstownusa
Yup

sportstownusa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

what im saying is...fans are called upon to choose who they want to be starters. So they can use any criteria they want. But when it comes to coaches, give them criterias? i mean since coaches dont pay for it, why does the league make them choose the reserves? maybe cuz they know the league better than the average fan who think shaq is still the bomb?
sportstownusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #43
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstownusa
when the team around you sucks, a player tends to have inflated stats. This is not always the case, and there are always exceptions. When a player plays on a very good team, with other good players, said player has to play within the system, and has to sacrifice stats/possessions for the benefit of the team. When a player plays on a bad team, he is "allowed" to jack up any shots he wants, kinda like when AI was with philly and PP with boston.

This sums it up quite nicely..

AND, if you are one of the best players on a team with a better record, it should have an impact on whether or not you are picked for the ASG. The example you gave of Caron Butler (Gobb) is a good one.. Put him on, lets say.. the Charlotte Bobcats. The guy would probably be averaging like 28-10-5. So are you saying that he would deserve it more than now when he's basically the second best player on the top team in the east?
Old 02-03-2007, 01:44 PM   #44
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstownusa
what im saying is...fans are called upon to choose who they want to be starters. So they can use any criteria they want. But when it comes to coaches, give them criterias? i mean since coaches dont pay for it, why does the league make them choose the reserves? maybe cuz they know the league better than the average fan who think shaq is still the bomb?

If the coaches knew the league better than the avg fan they would have a solid criteria that is consistent and fair. All I'm saying...fan voting the starters is a joke and always has been. But I always felt the selection of the reserves tried to balance it out. If i had my way Shaq wouldnt be in the AS game at all. Doesnt deserve to be there...should be a spectator. I hold coaches to a higher standard since as you mention know the league better than the avg fan. So you expect more reasonable selections.

That said...i am surprised I'm even arguing this as long as i have. I'm not even in care mode of the AS game and its festivities to be honest. So wtf do i really care when it comes to selections and snubs?
Old 02-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #45
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

last time I checked,
Coaches check performances in a subjective way
different coaches look at it different, it may look at how well it helps the system to work
or how much stats they are putting up

We wouldn't need coaches to vote with your logic then,
just find the top 7 stats player to be the reserve

And you may argue for JJ, but Caron Butler is still having an all star year
I think he deserves it, same goes for JJ
so when it really comes down to a player who puts up close to the same numbers
WHY wouldn't you pick the player who's making their team to the playoff?

wouldn't make sense to me, it's a good way to reward them
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: