Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #31
BuffaloBill
TG3II

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: College dropout or My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
College Dropout easily for me.

To me Kanye the rapper fell off after Graduation. Still a top-notch producer, but his rapping to me fell off.

And I agree with go getter, college dropout and late registration was probably the most genuine kanye has been.

MBDTF got 10s across the aboard. You don't "fall off" and then get perfect reviews.
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #32
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
Stop calling it rap. There was no rap on that album.

I respect your opinion. However, for me, 808s & Heartbreak is one of Kanye West's best albums. I still get goosebumps from listening to hits like "Street lights," and "Welcome to Heartbreak" to this day. Don't even get me started on "Pinocchio story." Rarely do you hear artists put that much heart into their work, you can tell this shit came from the soul.
future repped

Last edited by JerryWest : 01-06-2013 at 06:57 PM.
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #33
BuffaloBill
TG3II

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
1. He wasn't singing....so what was he doing? I kinda see where you are coming from, but you are wrong because Young Jeezy clearly rapped traditionally on the album.

2. The album wasnt that deep. Kanye is a selfish ego maniac. 808's and heartbreaker marked him falling off.

3. He put the most heart, the most genuine emotions in his first couple albums.

1. He was singing. Every single song on the album, he was singing. One featured rap verse doesn't make it a rap album.

2. Listen to the album and say it wasn't deep. Not only the lyrics, but the production, and just the overall mood of the songs.

3. That's not true either. Read his interviews about the album.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #34
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

jesus fck this forum is unbelievable. you would think that because it was a basketball forum that talking rap would be at least okay on here. but these discussions are some of the worst i've ever read.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #35
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

college dropout is not more genuine than any other of his albums. it's just the one where he was most like a regular person still. he's an egotistical douche on dark fantasy, very true to 2010 kanye.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #36
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
jesus fck this forum is unbelievable. you would think that because it was a basketball forum that talking rap would be at least okay on here. but these discussions are some of the worst i've ever read.

People are probably less afraid to express their opinion than on a rap forum. No hive mind thinking. Which is a good thing. If an album resonates with you, then what can you do? Just agree with what everyone else thinks?
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #37
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
People are probably less afraid to express their opinion than on a rap forum. No hive mind thinking. Which is a good thing. If an album resonates with you, then what can you do? Just agree with what everyone else thinks?

no, people actually have thought out opinions on rap forums and actually have knowledge on the subject.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #38
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

the "college dropout/late registration kanye was good because he was so honest and real, he's sucked after that and raps worse" idea has been on this forum since i've been here and continues to be really dumb. also it's always "i hope kanye returns to college dropout style" which is the main thing this forum has to offer. artists shouldn't evolve. just keep making the same album and i'll be happy. most depressing stance ever.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #39
miller-time

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
no, people actually have thought out opinions on rap forums and actually have knowledge on the subject.

Sometimes, but everywhere is susceptible to group think. Personally I don't enjoy CD as much as MBDTF. It isn't that I don't understand it, I just don't find the songs as engaging. Not to say CD is a poor album (it is still in my rotation), but it is all subjective opinion. There is no quantitative measure of how good an album is.

I'm not worried if you or anyone else prefers CD, but those who don't shouldn't have to hide their opinions from self appointed members of the "rap authority."
Old 01-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #40
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
the "college dropout/late registration kanye was good because he was so honest and real, he's sucked after that and raps worse" idea has been on this forum since i've been here and continues to be really dumb. also it's always "i hope kanye returns to college dropout style" which is the main thing this forum has to offer. artists shouldn't evolve. just keep making the same album and i'll be happy. most depressing stance ever.
welcome to ish where almost everyone is fcking retarded.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #41
BuffaloBill
TG3II

Quote:
Sometimes, but everywhere is susceptible to group think. Personally I don't enjoy CD as much as MBDTF. It isn't that I don't understand it, I just don't find the songs as engaging. Not to say CD is a poor album (it is still in my rotation), but it is all subjective opinion. There is no quantitative measure of how good an album is.

I'm not worried if you or anyone else prefers CD, but those who don't shouldn't have to hide their opinions from self appointed members of the "rap authority."

I don't care if someone disagrees with me. If you don't like an album I like, that's great, at least you know what you like and don't like. But people too often try to give their opinions on music that they haven't listened to or even tried to like. There is nothing worse than that, and you won't get that on a music forum.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #42
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:

I'm not worried if you or anyone else prefers CD, but those who don't shouldn't have to hide there opinions from self appointed members of the "rap authority."

i don't care which people prefer but creating false ideas to back up your opinion is terrible. how is dark fantasy not genuine? how did his rapping fall off after graduation? i think you could even argue his rapping improved over time and if not he certainly didn't get worse. so absurd.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #43
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I don't care if someone disagrees with me. If you don't like an album I like, that's great, at least you know what you like and don't like. But people too often try to give their opinions on music that they haven't listened to or even tried to like. There is nothing worse than that, and you won't get that on a music forum.
FUTURE IS SHIT

I KNOW

I'VE HEARD ONE OF HIS SONGS
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #44
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

and certain posters on this forum can't just listen to music. they already have a checklist of what they want from a rapper or a song. if it checks out then they will listen and possibly like it. if not they will dismiss the artist completely and never even attempt to listen. how am i supposed to discuss or share music with someone like this?

when you do that you have no taste. you like or dislike music without even listening to it. fcking gross.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #45
miller-time

Quote:

I've just been on several rap forums before and I found that dissent, even if it is backed up by a good argument is often not well received. Not to say everyone or everywhere is like that.

You will always get people like you said who give their opinion on things they haven't engaged in (you only need to look at the NBA section here - the guys that just watch highlights and box scores). However you will also always get up tight purists who can't handle that people have different opinions. Unfortunately their opinions and dominance often influence other people and I find that type of behaviour worse. At least a forum full of nit wits can have an ill informed but fun discussion.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: