Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #46
BuffaloBill
Blue Bomber

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: College dropout or My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
and certain posters on this forum can't just listen to music. they already have a checklist of what they want from a rapper or a song. if it checks out then they will listen and possibly like it. if not they will dismiss the artist completely and never even attempt to listen. how am i supposed to discuss or share music with someone like this?

Lol you shouldn't expect to have a discussion about music in a basketball forum anyway. That's your bad.

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT 90% OF BASKETBALL FANS ONLY LISTEN TO NAS AND J.COLE THIS IS FACT.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #47
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
i don't care which people prefer but creating false ideas to back up your opinion is terrible. how is dark fantasy not genuine? how did his rapping fall off after graduation? i think you could even argue his rapping improved over time and if not he certainly didn't get worse. so absurd.

Yeah I agree with that. False arguments and platitudes are just as bad, they often feed group think too. Ignorance breeds ignorance.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:26 AM   #48
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

thank you for bringing this topic up.. MBDTF was truly a COMPOSITION, just as college dropout was. i always listen to the intro to 'all of the lights' along with the song cause it makes it so much more powerful. i still gotta go with college dropout though just because it's such a classic.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:15 AM   #49
TheGreatBlaze
Serious playground baller

TheGreatBlaze is starting to rub some people the wrong way

MBDTF is amazing. I love every song on that album.
TheGreatBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:32 AM   #50
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

When you present your self as a rapper or a part of the hip-hop community and you put out a song or an album where you are singing all the hooks and your raps then of course some people won't like it.

Al Thornton has a problem. He gets mad at other people's OPINIONS. ISH tolerated dude when he went on a 90-day Lil B dick sucking binge, yet no one else is qualified to have an opinion.

College Dropout had songs about other things...not involving Kanye. The first two albums had songs that were wide ranging.

Now he is all molly'd out talking about shit his listeners don't even know or care about.....well, the listeners that he rode to stardom.

Which is why I feel he was more genuine back then.

I saw an interview after his Grammy where he said his living space was, "too pretty for rap."

Dude sold out and is wearing leather kilts and engaging in false relationships for notoriety.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #51
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
MBDTF got 10s across the aboard. You don't "fall off" and then get perfect reviews.
Just my opinion. Of course theres all the talk about his ghost writters for his first 2 albums, so that could also account for the difference. I just found that Kanye more relate-able than the current one. I still like some of his new stuff and like I said before his production is still amazing, but him as a rapper isn't as appealing to me anymore.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #52
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
What?

If MBDTF is a classic the standards for classics has dropped like a rock.

And college dropout is easily a better album imo. But then again everyone looks for different things when listening to an album

Last edited by Mach_3 : 01-07-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: