Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-26-2006, 01:52 PM   #1
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far
Default 2 new speculations

Its rumoured now that we are interested in getting Adam morrison what do u guys feel about him? I feel hes a instant impact player hes got the size can score i wouldnt b disappointed if we slected him ..but im still uncertain if instead we should just trade for a player trade down with seattle and get Earl watson and ray allen.

then another rumour is that we are interested in guard Tj ford i think hes a pretty good player i question his passin ability but hes quick and a good scorer.
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:03 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the Raptors might draft Adam Morrison... for either the Bobcats or Blazers though.

Morrison is a good scoring talent but will be useless on D and the boards (two HUGE trouble spots for the Raptors) and where's he gonna play anyways?? Unless they trade Charlie, he's gonna be a bench player for the Raptors.

Also, I just don't think he's the best overall talent in this draft.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:07 PM   #3
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

Its looking like were goin to trade charlie V also.. im not sure to where or for who but i can see sum package deal happining involving him ..because were pretty much drafing for that 3 spot u can say (Bergnani or morrison) so Charlie V is a goner...i like charlie V i dont see why we wanna get rid of that guy he could b someone we give up on and does big things in the league.
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #4
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

like i said before u shouldnt trade a player that has scored 48pts in his rookie season...it can only go up from there....alot of people are sayin they dont want graham to be traded but what about cv??? he was 2nd in rookie votes....if raps trade him they should jus give up
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:22 PM   #5
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

Please God we better not draft morrison... I've just recently been watching a couple rduy gay videos and he really looks like our guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=...&v=SX-CP1wN1-M

Hopefully we can bring back the excitment we once had when Carter was here. And personlly he does not look like a gamble to me.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:36 PM   #6
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

I have come around to thinking Bargnani won't be a bad pick. Mago weighs 248 pounds (according to SI, maybe a bit high), which is more than bosh right? More than alridge, more than charlie etc... in a few years he could play an effective center.

These are the picks I would be completely ok with:

Bargnani
Aldridge

These are the picks that would make me cringe:

Rudy Gay
Adam Morrison
Tyrus Thomas

Toronto does NOT need another SF! Toronto does NOT need more scoring!
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:47 PM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
These are the picks I would be completely ok with:

Bargnani
Aldridge

These are the picks that would make me cringe:

Rudy Gay
Adam Morrison
Tyrus Thomas

I'm pretty much in agreeance with this although I wouldn't have Gay on my "cringe list", especially if they plan on trading Charlie.

I think it's pretty much between Aldridge and Bargnani for the Raptors. They may pick someone else but those are the only 2 players I see actually playing for the Raptors.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:49 PM   #8
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Drafting Bargnani would give us more scoring. Scouts say he looks a bit lost on defense.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:53 PM   #9
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Phesto has an OK reputation so far

Unless it is a deal that blows BC out of the water, Charlie is NOT going anywhere. Just because we have 2 good players that can play SF/PF does not mean we have to trade one of them. It's called DEPTH and good teams tend to have that. I know the Raptors have holes to fill, but we're not going to be trading away our young, talented players just to fill a hole. The PG position will be filled via free agency, a draft-day deal (ie. Knight + #3), through drafting, or if all else fails it will be James (unlikely), Calderon, Barrett and Ukic fighting for that starting spot (ugh).

This silly idea of trading CV is typical knee-jerk reaction by sections of Raptors fans who are either impatient or are not thinking clearly about what this team needs now and in the future.

Most likely, Colangelo will draft Bargnani or Aldridge and we will have a starting five of:
Nesterovic
Bosh
Villanueva
Peterson
?? PG (hopefully Knight, likely Calderon at season's start)

Our first pick will be coming off the bench bringing energy to the 2nd unit. He could eventually find his way in the starting lineup (either over taking CV or if Rasho doesn't work out and Bosh is moved to C...would make sense if it was a big guy like Alderidge or Bargnani).

That's my 2 cents anyways (more like 3 and a half cents )
Phesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:55 PM   #10
The Captain
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Captain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23jordan23
Its looking like were goin to trade charlie V also.. im not sure to where or for who but i can see sum package deal happining involving him ..because were pretty much drafing for that 3 spot u can say (Bergnani or morrison) so Charlie V is a goner...i like charlie V i dont see why we wanna get rid of that guy he could b someone we give up on and does big things in the league.

Charlie is not a gonner...he's a connerstone. The raps will get Bargani and create depth. Everyone is talking about positions. Why? You don't need a legit centre anymore for 95% of the teams, and if they do, they have Nesterovic.

A line -up with Bosh, Charlie and BArgagni will be awesome,they all can run and score and shoot, If the game goes half court, you bring in Nesterovic for inside presence.

There's nothing wrong with depth ...the more depth the more possible line-up scenerios, the more matchup problems for the opposing team. They will get BArgagni, probably with the 2 or 3, and get something else out of it aswell.

I think Bargagni is a shoe in to get picked by the raps. the more intriguing will be how and who they get to add depth to the sg and pg spot.I think we will get a point through trading down and a wing or two through free agency or sign and trade. And of course, we have the second rounders!
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:58 PM   #11
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

I agree with The Captain as our posts are very similar.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:59 PM   #12
The Captain
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Captain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phesto
Unless it is a deal that blows BC out of the water, Charlie is NOT going anywhere. Just because we have 2 good players that can play SF/PF does not mean we have to trade one of them. It's called DEPTH and good teams tend to have that. I know the Raptors have holes to fill, but we're not going to be trading away our young, talented players just to fill a hole. The PG position will be filled via free agency, a draft-day deal (ie. Knight + #3), through drafting, or if all else fails it will be James (unlikely), Calderon, Barrett and Ukic fighting for that starting spot (ugh).

This silly idea of trading CV is typical knee-jerk reaction by sections of Raptors fans who are either impatient or are not thinking clearly about what this team needs now and in the future.

Most likely, Colangelo will draft Bargnani or Aldridge and we will have a starting five of:
Nesterovic
Bosh
Villanueva
Peterson
?? PG (hopefully Knight, likely Calderon at season's start)

Our first pick will be coming off the bench bringing energy to the 2nd unit. He could eventually find his way in the starting lineup (either over taking CV or if Rasho doesn't work out and Bosh is moved to C...would make sense if it was a big guy like Alderidge or Bargnani).

That's my 2 cents anyways (more like 3 and a half cents )

great minds think alike, I guess.....and apparently at the same time!
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:13 PM   #13
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain
great minds think alike, I guess.....and apparently at the same time!

That does seem to be the case! At least we're thinking rationally.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:16 PM   #14
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Its rumoured now that we are interested in getting Adam morrison what do u guys feel about him? I feel hes a instant impact player hes got the size can score i wouldnt b disappointed if we slected him ..but im still uncertain if instead we should just trade for a player trade down with seattle and get Earl watson and ray allen.

then another rumour is that we are interested in guard Tj ford i think hes a pretty good player i question his passin ability but hes quick and a good scorer.

Morrison would be a horrible pick in my opinion, while he may be instant impact, he doesn't have the athletic ability to be a good defender, and he's a small forward, with only the ability to play the small forward it would seriously create a log jam for minutes with Joey Graham, Charlie Villaneuva, Adam Morrison all demanding minutes at the position.

As far as interest in TJ Ford, you must not be watching the same player as me. TJ Ford excels at passing, while he somewhat struggles with scoring. He got 12 points per game last year on 41% shooting, not exactly what I would consider a good scorer. However, there is no doubt that he is extremely fast, and is an excellent distributor of the basketball, getting about 7 assists per game. Best of all, the guy is young and could grow with Bosh, Villaneuva, Graham and others, At 23 years old and seemingly over his horrible injury from the past, he would be an excellent acquisition. I question though whether or not we would be able to acquire him, it looks like Milwaukee is shopping his backup, Mo Williams, who is also young, but isn't the point guard that Ford is.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:22 PM   #15
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:

I don't exactly see why the drafting of Andrea Bargnani, if it indeed happens, would spell the end for Charlie Villaneuva. The guy was the runner up for the Rookie of the Year, behind a future Hall of Fame player in Chris Paul. Bargnani would, although an unconvential one, play the center position, with Bosh at the power forward spot and Villaneuva at the small forward position.

I doubt that Colangelo would give up on Villaneuva, if he is ever moved, which I doubt he will be, it will be because we are getting some tremendous talent back that dramatically helps our team. Charlie could very well be an excellent 6th man on a championship team, a guy who provides instant offense, and his defensive liabilities are hidden. The guy has unlimited potential and I doubt that Colangelo, a General Manager who is desperately attempting to just acquire talent for this team before he starts shaping it, would give up arguably his most talented player because he is drafting another big man.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: