Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #16
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

If we can get TJ Ford for Charlie Villanueva than Rudy Gay is my first choice.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:07 PM   #17
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tips4
If we can get TJ Ford for Charlie Villanueva than Rudy Gay is my first choice.

I doubt that Milwaukee would ever do this trade, I think they would be crazy too and I am a huge fan of Villaneuva. Reason being, that players like Villaneuva who are instant offense are a dime a dozen and come along very often while young point guards of TJ Ford's calibur are rare, and as a result have much higher value.

It would definately take more then Villaneuva in order to acquire Ford. If it didn't, then Villaneuva would have already been traded and TJ Ford would be a Toronto Raptor. There is no doubt in my mind that Colangelo would have done the deal already, but it seems that Milwaukee is shopping the backup Mo Williams and not the starter TJ Ford. It is quite logical, since both are young, and TJ is a long term starter, while Milwaukee can use Williams to fill other holes.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:13 PM   #18
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far
Default agree

we should keep charlie V ..but if we can get a really goot guard eg: magloire and tj ford for charlie V and someone or a pick wouldnt u do it?..ur getting rid of the only player on the team besides Bosh that has sum trade bait..i dont think colanglo is wanting to trade charlie V i think hes got no choice if we wanna better our team..were getting rid of 1 player and filling 2 spots on the team..(speakin if were taking morrison or Bergnani) ..but all we can do is wait..i think colangelo knows wut hes doin
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:58 PM   #19
mattyp4
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mattyp4 has an OK reputation so far

Trading Villenueva for somebody not named Garnett, Wade, Lebron, Duncan or Amare is just dumb. Last time I checked BC is not dumb. Would Bargnani replicate some of the same talents as Bosh and Charlie yes. Would we have a 21 foot front line that can pass shoot rebound run block shots and post up? yes. When charlie started getting minutes he was scratching the surface of what he can do. Having that much talent up front would create problems for other teams like nothing before. Adding peices to that core will have us bound for the playoffs and eventually much much more.
mattyp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:19 PM   #20
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp4
Trading Villenueva for somebody not named Garnett, Wade, Lebron, Duncan or Amare is just dumb. Last time I checked BC is not dumb. Would Bargnani replicate some of the same talents as Bosh and Charlie yes. Would we have a 21 foot front line that can pass shoot rebound run block shots and post up? yes. When charlie started getting minutes he was scratching the surface of what he can do. Having that much talent up front would create problems for other teams like nothing before. Adding peices to that core will have us bound for the playoffs and eventually much much more.

If you think Charlie Villaneuva is 6th in the NBA in terms of trading potential, only behind Amare, Duncan, LeBron, Wade and Garnett, then you are severely overrating the value of a guy who can score and struggles defensively.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:13 PM   #21
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bargnani is a Raptor.

Are you guys blind?

Why would we get an assistant GM from BENNETON TREVISO?

Why would we get a Euro Big? A big guy who successfully adjusted to the NBA game?

Bargnani is basically set in stone.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:14 PM   #22
CB4isJC
I airball my layups

CB4isJC has an OK reputation so far

Charlie is one of the most versatile big men in the league. He can shoot from anywhere; off the dribble or spot ups. Turnarounds. He has handles. Great passing. Quickness in the open court. Floaters. Hook shots. And he's almost fully ambidextrous.
It is indeed unfortunate that he is a natural PF, and will always be a step behind many of the SFs in the league. The mismatch on the other end will always be there though. He can score on any single player in the league.
To me, we better get a hell of a player if we're going to trade him. I love the idea of a CV, CB4, and Bargnani front line.
CB4isJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:27 PM   #23
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Bargnani is a Raptor.

Are you guys blind?

Why would we get an assistant GM from BENNETON TREVISO?

Why would we get a Euro Big? A big guy who successfully adjusted to the NBA game?

Bargnani is basically set in stone.

Unfortunately you are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB4isJC
Charlie is one of the most versatile big men in the league. He can shoot from anywhere; off the dribble or spot ups. Turnarounds. He has handles. Great passing. Quickness in the open court. Floaters. Hook shots. And he's almost fully ambidextrous.
It is indeed unfortunate that he is a natural PF, and will always be a step behind many of the SFs in the league. The mismatch on the other end will always be there though. He can score on any single player in the league.
To me, we better get a hell of a player if we're going to trade him. I love the idea of a CV, CB4, and Bargnani front line.

Yeah sure that would be a great front line offensively but defensivly it makes me wanna cry.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:30 AM   #24
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

Yes but we are going to play a suns type game of basketball. Personally i could care less about our defence especially if we have to trade some of best potential to fill a void just to make a bigger one.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:50 AM   #25
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh4life
Yes but we are going to play a suns type game of basketball. Personally i could care less about our defence especially if we have to trade some of best potential to fill a void just to make a bigger one.

but thats the mistake we cant make ..like wut pheonix had made sure we wanna play the uptempo offense cool but ..the reason why they couldnt compete with Dallas was for the same reason u say u dont care ...they didnt have defense so they got stomped on ..on our hand we have to not only bring in guys that can score sumwhat but also play defense or we will only b able to make it to a certain point...there hasnt been a NBA team as far back as i remember that won a championship not playing defense or being poor at it.

lasty i feel people on here feel that Bosh and Charlie V is good enough to win games offensive wise...and u feel ooooh we dont care to get anyone who can score ..but truth is ..i dont feel bosh and Villa is at that point in there career yet to single handlely take over a game or put the team on there back ..I feel we will b more like the suns where everyone puts forth they're share of points with obviously bosh and villa scoring the most ..but we do need the other 10 -15 point scorers to b ready when one of our stars have a off game or even worse incase of a injury ...we cant b dependant on one or 2 players we have to fill the voids for the "what if's" also i still feel our bench isnt strong enough hopefully colangelo can fill that need this off season.

Last edited by 23jordan23 : 06-27-2006 at 02:53 AM.
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:30 AM   #26
supercybergeek
I airball my layups

supercybergeek has an OK reputation so far

we had mike james last year who could score more than 14 pts but they still weren't good enough. It looks like bargnani is set in stone as the other guy put it. Other than Rudy gay i think bargnani is the best talent.
supercybergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:39 AM   #27
420 All-Star

420 All-Star has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp4

last i checked, you're on crack.
btw, none of the 3 raptors you mentioned are 7 feet.
420 All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:44 AM   #28
420 All-Star

420 All-Star has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh4life

why is everyone so certain we're gonna play like the suns?
BC is a GM not a coach.
Everyones been saying we're gonna be like the suns (not that i would mind)
but we're not good enough to not play D at all.

Even on the suns they had marion and bell who are excellent defenders.
not playing any D won't get us anywhere
420 All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:14 AM   #29
EuroWise
GM Star

EuroWise has an OK reputation so far
Default bargnani ? No way!!!!

I hope the Raptors don't continue with the idea of getting Bargnani and try to go down a bit to take Gay or Roy, of lower and Marcus Williams or Foye. Or stay at first and take Aldridge. No Tyrus Thomas (he is Stromile Swift II).
I've seen Bargnani play and he is a poor Dirk N. or Pau Gasol. He will be a stiff if Raptors take him. And I'm a Raptors supporter. But Bargnani? no way, came on! No rebound, no defence, he is just a 7" who shoots really well. But no post presence.

And please don't trade CV at least you take a very very good player. He will be very good. He just need to become stronger and improve defence. The rest is there. And don't forget he is just 20-21 years old..
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: