Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-07-2013, 01:38 AM   #16
ThunderStruk022
Serious playground baller

ThunderStruk022 has decent reputation
Default Re: Who else think the most entertaining part of this season is seeing Lakers fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
too little too late laker haters

kobe bryant and the los angeles lakers spots on the all time list are already set in stone

nobody cared that jordan failed with the wizards. he already did his business many times before his last few years in the league

only a moron would hope to see someone lose who has nothing TO lose

Comparing this situation to 40 year old Jordan playing with Popeye Jones, Chris Whitney, Tyrone Nesby, Christian Laettner, Courtney Alexander, and Tyronn Lue.
ThunderStruk022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:39 AM   #17
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Who else think the most entertaining part of this season is seeing Lakers fail

I think it was funner during the 2010-11 season, because they were just coming off of a Ring, and we had more guys on ISH to brag and remind us of this fact every 3rd or 4th thread during the season. "UMad" pics were at an all time high, while peeps were also waiting to see how Lebron would produce in Miami.

This Lakers team is more of a "slapped together" version of what the Miami Heat are, but without any leadership on the GM, coaching or even player side of things. Dare I say, I actually kinda feel sorry for this year's team, because not only are they losing, but their fanbase still remains retarded (no offense to SpecialQue, who always keeps it real, OT Horror, Magic32 and a few others here).
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #18
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

It would be pretty hilarious if the Lakers got it together and pulled off a miracle championship season. I would pay to the reactions of Heat, Clippers, and Thunder fans. They are becoming incredibly annoying. If the Spurs don't win, that would be a solid consolation to me. Either that or a team such as Memphis or GS winning it all.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:44 AM   #19
gilalizard

gilalizard is starting to rub some people the wrong waygilalizard is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor B
This.

And shut the **** up any Lakers fans who are going to come in here and be all butthurt and say OP needs to reevaluate his way of thinking or some bull shit like that. It is ****ing hilarious seeing the Lakers lose, and it is because Jim Buss is a ****ing moron. I feel bad for the players, actually, when they are actually trying.

I sorta feel bad for the players too. It's not like most of these players (Kobe excluded) had anything to do with previous dynasties.

Hell, it's only Kobe and Pau left really from the last full run (MWP only got in on the last of the three Finals appearances).

The fun comes from watching Lakers stans carry on.
gilalizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:48 AM   #20
gilalizard

gilalizard is starting to rub some people the wrong waygilalizard is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaeh
I think it was funner during the 2010-11 season

Those were great times. I always remember this:

Old 01-07-2013, 01:49 AM   #21
Nevaeh

Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
It would be pretty hilarious if the Lakers got it together and pulled off a miracle championship season. I would pay to the reactions of Heat, Clippers, and Thunder fans. They are becoming incredibly annoying. If the Spurs don't win, that would be a solid consolation to me. Either that or a team such as Memphis or GS winning it all.

Good point, and that's the beauty of this game. It's really amazing, when you think about it, how fragile the make up of an NBA team actually is versus other team sports. A sprained ankle, hard foul, even a finger in the face of a star player can totally reverse the dynamic of a team.

Can you imagine how much history could have changed had Lebron went down in that fabled "Terminator Mode" game against the Celts last season? We'd probably be talking about how the League now belongs to Durant and Westbrook for the next decade (not that it's too late for them or anything).
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:51 AM   #22
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStruk022

Comparing this situation to 40 year old Jordan playing with Popeye Jones, Chris Whitney, Tyrone Nesby, Christian Laettner, Courtney Alexander, and Tyronn Lue.

those guys are about on the same level as current metta, current pau, current morris, current nash, current jamison

asside from howard this laker team is worse than washington
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:57 AM   #23
asdf1990
College star

asdf1990 has no real reputation yet.

Chuckbe is back
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:58 AM   #24
The Redemption
Banned

The Redemption has an OK reputation so far

The Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:02 AM   #25
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

I like seeing the Lakers fail because the side of me that roots for natural disasters can come out without me feeling guilty in the loss of life.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:02 AM   #26
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990
Chuckbe is back

hes averaging nearly 50%fg's

30/5/5 average in 17th season

what exactly is the bar we're setting for him? cause i don't know how he's supposed to leap over it if he isnt already
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #27
gilalizard

Quote:
those guys are about on the same level as current metta, current pau, current morris, current nash, current jamison

asside from howard this laker team is worse than washington

Pau - 2 time champion with 3 Finals appearances. And arguably deserved 2011 Finals MVP.
MWP - 1 time champion with an epic clutch performance in a Finals game 7.
Nash - 2 time MVP.

A little better pedigree than the Washington roster. Experience counts.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #28
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
lebrons hardly done anything nearly good enough for his detractors to give up hating

he has 1 fluke ring. i'l wait till around 5 or 6 real ones before i give up doubting him

Kobe has 3 fluke rings, Lebron's first ring >> Kobe's first three rings(shaq's gifts).
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:06 AM   #29
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
so you think anyone who doubts lebron is mentally challenged?

hes hardly established himself to the point where he can retire tomorow and say he's done even half of what is expected of him

a lockout ring on a ring chased colluding miami trio with all other eastern stars injured isnt exactly "shutting the critics up"

Last edited by maybeshewill13 : 01-07-2013 at 02:09 AM.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:10 AM   #30
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
hes averaging nearly 50%fg's

30/5/5 average in 17th season

what exactly is the bar we're setting for him? cause i don't know how he's supposed to leap over it if he isnt already
He's playing with one of the greatest line-ups ever assembled and he's what? 15-18? LeaderBe

Dwight can't carry him like Shaq could.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: