Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #46
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Default Re: Who else think the most entertaining part of this season is seeing Lakers fail

At some point, we have to look at what else can help this team win games...I'd like to see Kobe injured for a few games to see if ball movement and general attitude to defense improves. My guess is, it would.

I'm not suggesting Kobe isn't a talented player, but at some point, this team has to try a different method to what they are doing. Nash was supposed to come back ad fix all the problems, he has helped, but I just don't see how Kobe's tendancy to overshoot, and take as many shots as he does as a winning formula. He has to put trust in his teammates and make sure they get their act together, doing their job for them won't fix it. I bet Howard would play much better if Kobe wasn't as selfish, or wasn't there at all.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:24 AM   #47
Derivative
Most Valuable Poster

Default Re: Who else think the most entertaining part of this season is seeing Lakers fail

**** Yea!!!!!!!!
Derivative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #48
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #49
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

It's certainly entertaining but I prefer watching Kyrie embarrass people
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #50
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
At some point, we have to look at what else can help this team win games...I'd like to see Kobe injured for a few games to see if ball movement and general attitude to defense improves. My guess is, it would.

I'm not suggesting Kobe isn't a talented player, but at some point, this team has to try a different method to what they are doing. Nash was supposed to come back ad fix all the problems, he has helped, but I just don't see how Kobe's tendancy to overshoot, and take as many shots as he does as a winning formula. He has to put trust in his teammates and make sure they get their act together, doing their job for them won't fix it. I bet Howard would play much better if Kobe wasn't as selfish, or wasn't there at all.
You would like to see Kobe injured for a few games?

Really?
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #51
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagexslave
Reasons I don't like the Lakers:
  • Dwight has solidified his title as the most unlikable person in all of sports with his actions the past few years
  • Obnoxious, spoiled, smug/cocky fans(well, the majority of them)
  • The media never shuts up about them
  • Always get the most lopsided trades in their favor
  • They win way too much. Gets sickening.
  • I like to see some new faces and underdog teams getting deep in the playoffs, it's boring having the Lakers in the finals year after year
  • RapeBe Cryant
  • Steve "Traitor" Nash saying he could never picture himself in a Lakers jersey, then joining them the next week... SMH
  • Can't stand Ron Artest one bit, never could even before he joined the Lakers... yeah, that's right. RON ARTEST. Not "Metta World Peace"... dude's a joke
  • Don't care for their uniforms/team colors
  • I'm a Suns fan so I basically hate them by default... division rivals, played each other in the playoffs a lot, they c*ckblocked us in the 2010 western conference when it would've been the best chance we've ever had to win our first NBA finals if only we could've just got past the Lakers
  • Like literally 30+% of the people in Phoenix are morbidly obese cholos from LA that go on and on about LA sports(and the Raiders) and love to get drunk at the games and yell louder than should be humanly possible, and start fights with people just to show how "passionate" they are as fans of their team/home town... if they love LA so much they should just move back. Nobody wants them here to begin with TBQH
  • The name "Lakers" doesn't even remotely make sense in LA... don't hate them for this or anything like that, but I do think it sounds a bit stupid when you actually think about it
  • Etc

Also, them losing benefits the Suns since we have their draft picks. So yeah, the more the Lakers lose the more enjoyable the season is for me. No matter how bad the Suns are this year, I can just look at the Lakers losing record and it makes me feel all better on the inside

Oh I'm sorry I thought the goal of a franchise was to win titles not play entertaining basketball and then fizzle out fast in the postseason.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #52
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

the lakers are soooo pathetic i almost feel sorry for them.

(and i'm a laker hater.)
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:08 AM   #53
TheCalmInsanity
High School Starter

TheCalmInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #54
MiseryCityTexas
National High School Star

this is karma for that time the lakers got gasol for free. it's also karma for dwight not wanting to play for houston, also karma for lakers doing odom and barnes dirty.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #55
nashwade
High School Varsity 6th Man

its damn sad for nashy
nashwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #56
joeysms55
Kids at the park dunk on me

DAMN Kennethgriffin is about to have a heart attack.....
joeysms55 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: