Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 12-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation here
Default Question...

Do you think Bulls management are relying on Mirotic to take over Boozer as the starting PF of the future? I know this seems a bit obvious, but perhaps Bulls management plan to not do much tinkering at all, Mirotic is due to come over in 1 or most likely 2 years. I'm starting to think they had planned all this when they signed boozer a few years ago. If that's the case, maybe they are also relying on the charlotte pick to get a top SG in the draft.

So my thoughts are that the bulls are essentially going to rely on what assets they have, as opposed to making big trades. Perhaps they learnt that making trades have bit them hard in the past. ie Big Ben. I'm not at all against this, I like an organisation who believes in their drafting and trust their scouts. San Antonio have been relying on the draft for years, and look how successful they have been. In some ways, Bulls remind me alot of the Spurs. Perhaps I'm wrong but it is possible right? I like this team, and I like how management and what they have done so far. They paid the right coach, they paid the right players Deng,Rose, Noah, and they have drafted very well. Noah, Rose, Butler, were all picked in the draft and doing well for the team. Marquis teague I havent seen much of, but hope he turns out well too.

Last edited by poido123 : 12-23-2012 at 09:19 AM.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Question...

I think the fans are hyping up Mirotic more than the management. You don't hear the team talking up Mirotic.

I'm excited for him personally, but what the Bulls do and are planning are not in stone whatsoever. All options on the table, and he's an excellent trade chip.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Do you think Bulls management are relying on Mirotic to take over Boozer as the starting PF of the future? I know this seems a bit obvious, but perhaps Bulls management plan to not do much tinkering at all, Mirotic is due to come over in 1 or most likely 2 years. I'm starting to think they had planned all this when they signed boozer a few years ago. If that's the case, maybe they are also relying on the charlotte pick to get a top SG in the draft.

So my thoughts are that the bulls are essentially going to rely on what assets they have, as opposed to making big trades. Perhaps they learnt that making trades have bit them hard in the past. ie Big Ben. I'm not at all against this, I like an organisation who believes in their drafting and trust their scouts. San Antonio have been relying on the draft for years, and look how successful they have been. In some ways, Bulls remind me alot of the Spurs. Perhaps I'm wrong but it is possible right? I like this team, and I like how management and what they have done so far. They paid the right coach, they paid the right players Deng,Rose, Noah, and they have drafted very well. Noah, Rose, Butler, were all picked in the draft and doing well for the team. Marquis teague I havent seen much of, but hope he turns out well too.
This may be the plan. From what Ive seen from Mirotic, he looks like a beast. But as Crys stated, I've seen the fans more enamored with him that management. Or fans continue to bring him up almost as a savior. Or the number 2 guy for Rose.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
I think the fans are hyping up Mirotic more than the management. You don't hear the team talking up Mirotic.

I'm excited for him personally, but what the Bulls do and are planning are not in stone whatsoever. All options on the table, and he's an excellent trade chip.

That is true. Fans are hyping Mirotic up alot more. But why not? the guy has comparisons to the great Dirk, but I think the front office would like to keep a lid on his talent, try not to put too much pressure on the guy before he comes over here.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
That is true. Fans are hyping Mirotic up alot more. But why not? the guy has comparisons to the great Dirk, but I think the front office would like to keep a lid on his talent, try not to put too much pressure on the guy before he comes over here.

This...although if Mirotic was a true 7-footer like Dirk he'd be getting much more hype. Right now he's simply a good shooter - we have no clue if he'll even be able to guard PFs effectively.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

It may or may not be the plan. I'm excited about Mirotic I am, but at the same time I need to see him play against NBA competition to get a true feel for his game. He looks like he has all the talent and a great skill set but if he can play the same way over here obviously remains to be seen. As far as strategy you do what's best at the time. If a good trade presents itself than go for it but if not it makes sense to draft wisely and accordingly. Boozer will probably be let go at the end of his contract. Deng I would like re signed at the end of his but at a fraction of his current cost I hope. Everyone else is getting paid appropriately.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: