Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
Derivative
Most Valuable Poster

Derivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputation
Default Attributes of Michael Jordan's dunks

Each player has his own unique dunking style, with their own unique attributes. For example Lebron's dunks show ALOT of power, while Kobe's dunks show flare. What do you think are some of the attributes to Michael Jordan's dunks?

I personally think the biggest attribute of Jordan's dunks are speed, I don't think anyone can match the takeoff speed like Jordon. So jordon might not have the power that Lebron dunks have, nor the flare that Kobe's dunks have, but they epitomize speed and quickness.
Derivative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:56 AM   #2
Derivative
Most Valuable Poster

Derivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Attributes of Michael Jordan's dunks

bump
Old 01-08-2013, 04:03 AM   #3
Rolando
Good High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation

I would actually call it explosiveness instead. Jordan just explodes and dunks with brutal grace and efficiency.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:03 AM   #4
Derivative
Most Valuable Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando
I would actually call it explosiveness instead. Jordan just explodes and dunks with brutal grace and efficiency.

bingo that's the word i was looking for
Old 01-08-2013, 04:28 AM   #5
Rolando
Good High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derivative
bingo that's the word i was looking for

That really is what it is.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:42 AM   #6
AirFederer
Bob Kåre

AirFederer has no real reputation yet.

Flying, anger and to humiliate
AirFederer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:45 AM   #7
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

similar to adrian peterson running, violent, explosive, breathtaking
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 AM   #8
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bron reminds me of a freight train or a trailer.
Kobe of a Porsche
MJ of a stealth bomber

I think what makes MJ's dunk different is the 'distance' in which he takes off from. At first glance some of his dunks look like others, until you notice how and where he takes off from all in a flash.

Also most players have to gather themselves to dunk at times, MJ could just dunk regardless of what he was doing, very little loss of momentum and no need to gather himself.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:06 AM   #9
King1991nba
I hit open 5-footers

King1991nba is popular on this boardKing1991nba is popular on this boardKing1991nba is popular on this boardKing1991nba is popular on this boardKing1991nba is popular on this board

King1991nba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 AM   #10
Graviton
The Last Alpha Lion

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Bron reminds me of a freight train or a trailer.
Kobe of a Porsche
MJ of a stealth bomber

I think what makes MJ's dunk different is the 'distance' in which he takes off from. At first glance some of his dunks look like others, until you notice how and where he takes off from all in a flash.

Also most players have to gather themselves to dunk at times, MJ could just dunk regardless of what he was doing, very little loss of momentum and no need to gather himself.
What you think about Westbrook and Rose? Russel seems to dunk with more power than anyone, the sound the rim makes is unlike anything else. Like a tire on a bulldozer suddenly exploding.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #11
OldSchoolBBall
NBA rookie of the year

OldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923

This is an important one. MJ needed very little room to gather himself, and didn't need to bend his knees much. Also, the way he leaned forward or sideways in midair on many of his dunks is something you don't see from anyone else.
OldSchoolBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #12
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

Derivative of dominiques and dr. j
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #13
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by King1991nba

As many MJ highlights as I've seen, I don't recall seeing that one.

HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #14
Calabis
Good college starter

Calabis is popular on this boardCalabis is popular on this boardCalabis is popular on this boardCalabis is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
This is an important one. MJ needed very little room to gather himself, and didn't need to bend his knees much. Also, the way he leaned forward or sideways in midair on many of his dunks is something you don't see from anyone else.

This is very true, even is drop step was very explosive and quick....look at the distance and explosiveness on this dunk

Calabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #15
westsideozzie
Decent playground baller

westsideozzie has an OK reputation so far

If Jordan never existed, Kobe would have no mannerisms and would be a soccer player. His only mission in life was to mimic Michael Jordan.
westsideozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: