Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation
Default How do you get more arc on your floater?

Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How do you get more arc on your floater?

soft and high
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

release the ball with your elbow above eye level and put just a tiny bit of spin on it as it comes out of your hand
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if u have someone helping u, have them hold a broom up so that you're forced to shoot over it. that may help.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:56 AM   #5
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

just throw it higher brah
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far

I think form shooting really helps. Keep moving back then when it starts feeling good start floating it in.
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation

I like to add slight backspin on the ball by flicking my wrist softly so it arcs upwards easier, if you make this a habit, our floater will naturally gain moire arc
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
Jameerthefear
Thanks Jameer! (04-14)

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For my floater I go overboard with how high it goes...
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:36 AM   #9
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation

^^I try to aim my floater so it goes as high as the backboard, am i doing something wrong?
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #10
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I had issues with this as a kid too, and sometimes it just takes someone saying the right thing, and it'll just click.

I think it's often the result of the three point line. It's syren's call hits far too early for players, and kids wind up backing up to shoot it long before they're ready. And there's only one way to hit it at that point, and that's to flatten out the shot and let it rip. It becomes more of a throw than a shot, and it winds up affecting the shot everywhere else.

When I was a sophmore in HS, I had a coach tell me to "shoot it like I was in a phone boothe", and for whatever reason, that clicked with me. Certainly more than "get it up", "keep your elbow high", "get your legs under it", or whatever else gets thrown around. But what clicks with one person may not with another. Also, it may have been in part of just getting naturally stronger that year too.

One of the workouts I tell people here all the time is forearm curls. People do calf raises all the time because they help with quickness and jumping, but the truth is is that this is a game played at the extremities of the body. The stronger the forearms, the quicker and more elevated the shot becomes. It almost immediately improves rotation, range, and quickness of release. It also helps tremendously in ball handling, as the ball will snap better.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:05 AM   #11
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Try not no crouch as much or sit when over the toliet bowl do it not quiet standing but 3/4's of the way up.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: