Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #16
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Your all-time Raptors Squad

That's why I always say that Bargnani suffers from Vince Carter syndrome. The only difference is that VC did settle but he had such an immense amount of talent that even on cruise control he managed to put together a borderline HOF career. Bargs on cruise control isn't even worthy of cracking an NBA starting 5.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #17
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

some players missed from the "Honerable Mention" List:

Rasho
Doug Christie (should make last SG position iMO)
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #18
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
some players missed from the "Honerable Mention" List:

RashoDoug Christie (should make last SG position iMO)
Future repped.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #19
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Point Guard - 2005-2006 Mike James
Shooting Guard- 1999-2000 Vince Carter
Small Forward- 2004-2005 Jalen Rose
Power Forward- 2009-2010 Chris Bosh
Center- 1996-1997 Marcus Camby
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #20
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Mike James would be useless on a team with that much offensive firepower. On a team like that I think if we are going just based on who's better suited I think Alvin Williams would be perfect with that lineup. A team where at least 2 starters can create off the dribble and 3 can score 20 pretty easily. Vince and Jalen would be able to split some time at point with Alvin. And Alvin would be the tough, hard nosed defensive guy who wouldn't command the ball and you wouldn't have to run plays for him. Because with Bosh/Jalen/Vince a shot happy point guard would be shooting yourself in the foot so to speak.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #21
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I was thinking the same thing about James. His one season here was maybe one of the best by a point guard in Toronto, but if we're looking to the best actual team, he wouldn't be a good fit. Not in the starting lineup anyway.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #22
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I was thinking the same thing about James. His one season here was maybe one of the best by a point guard in Toronto, but if we're looking to the best actual team, he wouldn't be a good fit. Not in the starting lineup anyway.
Yeah, crazy thing is, I just looked it up and Mike James was leading the team in shot attempts (15.5 to Bosh's 14.2). So essentially, he was the #1 scoring option on the team. I'm not really sure how he'd play as the #4 option but even if he was capable of adjusting to it, I don't think he'd be happy with that role.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #23
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mike James was a gangster that year I NEED him in my 5 for all time Raptors lineup. Him/VC is our Westbrook/Durant.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #24
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Mike James was a gangster that year I NEED him in my 5 for all time Raptors lineup. Him/VC is our Westbrook/Durant.

They're in trouble, then.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #25
bokes15
Playoffs!

If with a lineup with Bosh, VC and Jalen Rose in it your point guard was taking as many shots as Russell Westbrook, yeah that'd be problems.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #26
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

VC can shoot as much as durant, Jalen as much as kev mart, bosh Ibaka, canny Perkins.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #27
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
VC can shoot as much as durant, Jalen as much as kev mart, bosh Ibaka, canny Perkins.
Kev Martin comes off the bench. And Ibaka makes most of his points from open midrange J's and dunks. That starting lineup they have in OKC is pretty much a 2 headed monster with other guys who just get open and wait for the pass.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #28
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
You would really put Jonas V (currently) as our starting center?

Yep ! Sure would... everything I have seen so far makes him my favorite. Humility, work ethic, sense of humour with the media, willingness to learn, and better - faster adjustment to the NBA game than I anticipated.

Frankly Iam really impressed on his foul control. Bing physical as a player, being Euro and being a rookie... he has all the prereq's to have every bad call go against him ; but he manages.

I did fully declare this is emotional choices as opposed to talent assessment or logic.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #29
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Hakeem, Billups, and Keon Clark all need to be mentioned in this thread.

Fair point. Hakeem for me occupys that same spot Barges now has in my heart. Talent yes. An ingredient of a team I was thrilled with at the time....

But his limited injury plagued time here just never matarialized into something tangible...

When he was signed and AD was supposed to move over to the 4 ... and Vince... well that was the team that was going to make a deep run for the finals... and it never happened...
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #30
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I don't have much doubt that 3-4 years from now Valanciunas would be on everyone's team. Right now its debatable, but I could see someone making a case for 3rd center.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: